THE BROWNS BOARD

Live Mueller Hearing

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hi diddle Dee Dee I bet it's fascinating.

😏

WSS

I'm not watching it just reading comments from those who are and it has been a disaster for the democrats and for Mueller who has looked terribly incompetent and almost senile...

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm not watching it just reading comments from those who are and it has been a disaster for the democrats and for Mueller who has looked terribly incompetent and almost senile...

I can't imagine there is much reason to watch or listen to 99% of it which I have no doubt posturing and speech-making.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

I can't imagine there is much reason to watch or listen to 99% of it which I have no doubt posturing and speech-making.

WSS

From what I have read of comments it is what I expected. Well rehearsed answers from Mueller with dems questions and finding reasons not to answer republicans questions. Even so the feedback I am reading is that the Witch Hunt is being destroyed by the republicans so good for them.

55 minutes ago, Axe said:

Not bothering.. That hearing is about as worthless as

s-l1600.jpg

I watched the Benghazi and IRS congressional hearings and that burned me out on watching them again. They are designed to be a dog and pony show. I'm still interested in what comes out of the Mueller hearing but I don't want to waste my time watching all of it. 

One thing that has been crystal clear so far from the hearings is that Mueller had little do with this report himself which means this witch hunt was done almost exclusively by his biased Clinton supporting attorneys Mueller appointed to do this investigation.  Come on, Mueller couldn't even find one republican leaning lawyer to put on this investigation witch hunt?

13 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Mueller also made clear that his investigation was in no way impeded by the Trump administration.

"At any time during the investigation, was your investigation curtailed or stopped or hindered?" Collins asked.

"No," Mueller responded.

Doesn't that pretty much shoot the foot off the dems argument of obstruction? 

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Mueller's memory is excellent when asked a question by a democrat.  However, when a republican asks him something he seems to have no memory.

I get the feeling he knew the dems questions in advance and was prepared beforehand to answer them. I know Nadler would never do that though.

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"The hearing is going terribly for the Dems! Just look at this TheRightScoop article!"

Lol

Open mouth...insert foot..

WATCH: Robert Mueller contradicts his own report, stumbles through bias questions at hearing

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/watch-robert-mueller-contradicts-report-stumbles-bias-questions-hearing/

Mueller has dodged lawmakers’ questions roughly 100 times

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/24/mueller-dodges-lawmaker-questions-1428466

'Disoriented' Mueller's stumbling responses to questions during blockbuster hearing leave social media concerned the special counsel seems a 'confused old man' but some think it is all a strategy to frustrate the committee members

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7281303/Muellers-stumbling-responses-blockbuster-hearing-leave-social-media-concerned.html

i feel bad for tge guy, dems are just rolling him out as a ploy at this point. Theres literally nothing he could have said that wasnt in his report....we'ce been all over this before. Trump is sn obstructing fuckrunt that could be charged when he leaves office, but tgere was no collusion....so thats that. Wtf this is all about today is beyond me

27 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i feel bad for tge guy, dems are just rolling him out as a ploy at this point. Theres literally nothing he could have said that wasnt in his report....we'ce been all over this before. Trump is sn obstructing fuckrunt that could be charged when he leaves office, but tgere was no collusion....so thats that. Wtf this is all about today is beyond me

The dems wanted this hearing to maybe get the ole impeachment process going and it was a total failure. NO collusion and No obstruction over an alleged crime that never happened.

Dan Bongino (@dbongino) Tweeted:
WHOEVER in the Democrat Party thought this Mueller hearing was a good idea should immediately resign in shame. Never has a hearing blown up so spectacularly in the face of the Party calling for it. What a disaster! #MuellerHearings https://twitter.com/dbongin...

Mueller is like the gimp now.....he gets rolled out when the dems want to look sternly at a camera and say something they think is poignant. This political theatre is on my last nerve, I want both these parties expelled and like real normal people take over govt. Ain't happenin I know, but...it's what should. Whatever. 

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Mueller is like the gimp now.....he gets rolled out when the dems want to look sternly at a camera and say something they think is poignant. This political theatre is on my last nerve, I want both these parties expelled and like real normal people take over govt. Ain't happenin I know, but...it's what should. Whatever. 

"Mueller was the lipstick on the pig..the republican cover for the team of partisan democrats"

Anti-Trump Harvard Law prof Laurence Tribe calls Mueller hearing ‘disaster’ that helped the president

Harvard Law School professor Laurence Tribe, a fierce critic of President Trump, said Wednesday that former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's House Judiciary Committee hearing was a "disaster" that set back impeachment efforts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABC News correspondent says 'impeachment's over' after Mueller testimony

Impeachment is a doomed prospect after Special Counsel Robert Mueller's testimony on Wednesday, a senior correspondent for ABC News contended.

ABC's Terry Moran speculated that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., would be unwilling to heed lawmakers' calls for impeachment proceedings, which are likely to be unpopular with the American public.

"Impeachment's over," he said. "I don't think Nancy Pelosi is going to stand for her members bringing forth something that is going to obviously lose in the Senate, lose with the American public."

• Upvote 1

Mueller issues clarification, takes back bombshell statement on indicting Trump

Mueller raised eyebrows during an exchange with House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif.

“The reason that you did not indict the president is because of the OLC opinion that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?” Lieu asked, referring to the Office of Legal Counsel’s long-held position against charging a president while they are in office.

“Correct,” Mueller replied.

That gave the impression that if it were not for the OLC opinion, Mueller would have indicted the president. In the afternoon, Mueller was quick to say that is not what he was trying to say at all.

“I want to add one correction to my testimony this morning," Mueller said. "I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the President because of the OLC opinion. That is not the correct way to say it. As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime.”

• Upvote 1