THE BROWNS BOARD

BREAKING: Declass To Happen By Wednesday!

Vambo

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Unique in...? It's foundation? Perhaps Israel then.

America is unique because of our peoples blending into one weird, diverse, wonderful lot.

In it's foundation for sure. I'm concerned spiritually for the nation as we always had a mooring to God that  is being broken today. Although the nation was not founded as a Christian nation there is no denying that Christian beliefs heavily influenced the founders of our country. I see many ministers use the lessons of Israel in the Old Covenant and make comparisons to our Country but much of the time I don't see them as accurate comparisons. One comparison I do see though are the periods of time where Israel strayed from God and did what the bible says as "everyone doing what was right in their own eyes". When that happened the nation of Israel went straight down and I'm afraid the philosophy of everyone doing what is right in their own eyes has taken root in this country and we are seeing the bad results. History does repeat itself, there is nothing new under the sun.

I believe the human condition lends itself to taking aspects of life for granted. If you have two good knees, do you really appreciate them? You don't walk in pain, do you thank God for it? No, we just roll with our blessings. Until you lose a leg or break a leg...

Without knowing history, some people take freedom for granted. Some take ..well, anything for granted. A spouse's love, the sacrifice parents make all kid's lives.

Taking freedom for granted... then you see where in other countries, historically, they fight, blood, sweat, tears and lives and sacrifice, to get their freedom back.

So many kids don't learn history. Look at Watter's World on Fox - he interviews folks and asks them simple questions. and they honestly have no idea. "Who did America fight in the Revolutionary War" ? and the young persons guessed "Germany" and "Japan" ???

Food. Never been starving - we take it for granted. No water for three days? We take that for granted.

The previous generations worked so hard, didn't have all the fancy machines, didn't have electricity. They didn't take anything for granted.

The value of living in the greatest nation on this planet, in it's history, in freedom.. so many don't understand the pain of it being taken away. Ask the civilians who fought in the resistances in Europe.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

In it's foundation for sure. I'm concerned spiritually for the nation as we always had a mooring to God that  is being broken today. Although the nation was not founded as a Christian nation there is no denying that Christian beliefs heavily influenced the founders of our country. I see many ministers use the lessons of Israel in the Old Covenant and make comparisons to our Country but much of the time I don't see them as accurate comparisons. One comparison I do see though are the periods of time where Israel strayed from God and did what the bible says as "everyone doing what was right in their own eyes". When that happened the nation of Israel went straight down and I'm afraid the philosophy of everyone doing what is right in their own eyes has taken root in this country and we are seeing the bad results. History does repeat itself, there is nothing new under the sun.

8693941-giphy.gif.ccf09a7b077ed8de754ab76670350bad.gif

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

So historically you think that we are spirtually in the worst shape we have ever been as a nation?

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So historically you think that we are spirtually in the worst shape we have ever been as a nation?

I have no doubt about it. We are living in the end times...too many signs to deny it. What we are seeing now is the great falling away spoken of when some churches are leaving clear bible teachings to gain acceptance with the world. 

Another Denomination Slips Into the Great Falling Away

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/52612-another-denomination-slips-into-the-great-falling-away

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I have no doubt about it. We are living in the end times...too many signs to deny it. What we are seeing now is the great falling away spoken of when some churches are leaving clear bible teachings to gain acceptance with the world. 

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/52612-another-denomination-slips-into-the-great-falling-away

u see the spiritual degredation thats happened to us as the result of "fagsNdykes".....nothing to do with the greed, corruption, exploitation...thats been plaguing our country since tge start of the industrial revolution. Ur lost in the tall weeds. U dobt understand how much you'fe been divorced from ur true nature, as all of us have.

We have no idea how to live sustainably anymore....all we can do is act like a parasite. But sone fucking piece of shit book written 2000 years ago by pieces of human shit....has blinded u to the true reality of our fall. So fagsNdykes, and now some other variants....are to blame. Gotta scapegoat someone cause we cant have people thinking rationally. 

17 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I like at the beginning of the article they make clear they do not set any dates..when Jesus himself could not set the date of HIs return saying only the Father knew that time.  I never understood why some mere human beings in the past thought they could know more than Jesus (Ok they were deceived). Watching for signs of the times is good and commendable but not trying to figure out exact dates because nobody knows, Jesus didn't even know, only the Father.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

So owning other people as farm equipment as an accepted institution wasn’t our spiritual low? I am not religious but I gotta think that generationally owning humans against their will rates out as worse than two dudes smooching without getting hit by rocks.

57 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

u see the spiritual degredation thats happened to us as the result of "fagsNdykes".....nothing to do with the greed, corruption, exploitation...thats been plaguing our country since tge start of the industrial revolution. Ur lost in the tall weeds. U dobt understand how much you'fe been divorced from ur true nature, as all of us have.

We have no idea how to live sustainably anymore....all we can do is act like a parasite. But sone fucking piece of shit book written 2000 years ago by pieces of human shit....has blinded u to the true reality of our fall. So fagsNdykes, and now some other variants....are to blame. Gotta scapegoat someone cause we cant have people thinking rationally. 

I get the feeling  you think in your mind if only the entire world believed like you we would be living in some utopian society (never happen). 

18 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So owning other people as farm equipment as an accepted institution wasn’t our spiritual low? I am not religious but I gotta think that generationally owning humans against their will rates out as worse than two dudes smooching without getting hit by rocks.

And who led the charge against slavery but Christians so that argument goes both ways. We have had sin in the world since Cain smacked Abel with a rock but the cure has always been turning to God and today we see our country turning  away from God. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Contrary to the screaming of political hacks on both ends who try to keep up a narrative, we are in the best times in terms of how people are treated. 

In some ways I see what you are saying but in other ways I see our society becoming more Orwellian all the time.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/kavanaugh-nomination-battle-like-orwells-1984/

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

jesus fuck thank god theres still some normal kunts round here with their rational senses still intact

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I like at the beginning of the article they make clear they do not set any dates..when Jesus himself could not set the date of HIs return saying only the Father knew that time.  I never understood why some mere human beings in the past thought they could know more than Jesus (Ok they were deceived). Watching for signs of the times is good and commendable but not trying to figure out exact dates because nobody knows, Jesus didn't even know, only the Father.

Want to take bets on which happens first? The release of this declassified data or Jesus' return? Both have been spoken about for a long time, yet both seem to continue to fail in meeting expectations...

I get the feeling  you think in your mind if only the entire world believed like you we would be living in some utopian society (never happen). 

That's actually how the Christians and the religious in general tend to think, funnily enough.

And I agree with you; the forced implementation of religious theocratic beliefs in the chase of some hypothetical utopia has never worked and has caused much pain and misery in the pursuit of it.

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And who led the charge against slavery but Christians so that argument goes both ways. We have had sin in the world since Cain smacked Abel with a rock but the cure has always been turning to God and today we see our country turning  away from God.

Yes, the argument does go both ways, but you can't point to the abolitionists who used their religious beliefs to decry slavery while simply glossing over the actual religious justifications for slavery in the Bible that pro-slavery Southerns used as well. It's not like they were pulling this stuff out of thin air; its clearly written in several passages in the Bible where God and Jesus not only condoned slavery, but actually commanded for it to happen.

And you also fail to take into account those secular or non-religious individuals who didn't have to search the Scriptures to know that enslaving and making chattel of their fellow human beings was morally reprehensible.

So we are in worst straits than we were during slavery?  Interesting.

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Triggered!

48 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So we are in worst straits than we were during slavery?  Interesting.

We are in worse straits because so many in the nation now have determined they don't want God and guess what God will oblige them. We have always been in bad straits even after slavery we had evil such as the KKK and Jim Crow laws etc.. but the difference today is the push to do away with any mooring to God...that is different today than at any other time in our history.

50 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i may be wrong on this, but if my memory serves me correct werent the only "christians" opposing slavery the quakers? 

No by and large it was Christians of many different denominations (primarily evangelicals from what I read) who led the way against slavery. No doubt there are some who called themselves Christians who also were on the wrong side of slavery. 

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Want to take bets on which happens first? The release of this declassified data or Jesus' return? Both have been spoken about for a long time, yet both seem to continue to fail in meeting expectations...

The bible does not give the date for the Lord's return it just gives us signs to watch. Sure over 100 years ago you had some preaching they were living in the end times yet some major prophecy had not yet been fulfilled such as the return of the Jewish people to Israel (fulfilled in 1948). Now the last major prophecy that will come is the rebuilding of the temple. I used to think we still had a bit of time left because it would take Israel a bit of time to build an elaborate temple but then I remembered before they had that temple they had a tabernacle which was just a tent. They could put that up quickly. 

That's actually how the Christians and the religious in general tend to think, funnily enough.

And I agree with you; the forced implementation of religious theocratic beliefs in the chase of some hypothetical utopia has never worked and has caused much pain and misery in the pursuit of it.

What we have seen in atheist countries such as China and other Godless communist countries is not any type of place most freedom loving  Americans would want to live.

Yes, the argument does go both ways, but you can't point to the abolitionists who used their religious beliefs to decry slavery while simply glossing over the actual religious justifications for slavery in the Bible that pro-slavery Southerns used as well. It's not like they were pulling this stuff out of thin air; its clearly written in several passages in the Bible where God and Jesus not only condoned slavery, but actually commanded for it to happen.

And you also fail to take into account those secular or non-religious individuals who didn't have to search the Scriptures to know that enslaving and making chattel of their fellow human beings was morally reprehensible.

Doesn’t the Bible Support Slavery?

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-questions/doesnt-the-bible-support-slavery/

50 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

We are in worse straits because so many in the nation now have determined they don't want God and guess what God will oblige them. We have always been in bad straits even after slavery we had evil such as the KKK and Jim Crow laws etc.. but the difference today is the push to do away with any mooring to God...that is different today than at any other time in our history.

I bet black people, women, hell just about anyone else other than white guys would say they are having a much better time now than the “good old spiritual” days. 

Hell in human history we have been at our shittiest at our most religious. 

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

I bet black people, women, hell just about anyone else other than white guys would say they are having a much better time now than the “good old spiritual” days. 

Hell in human history we have been at our shittiest at our most religious. 

Was Hitler religious? Stalin? According to your world Logic those should have been the best of times..or even atheist China today.

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Was Hitler religious? Stalin? According to your world Logic those should have been the best of times..or even atheist China today.

Were we more religious as a whole during the 1940s or now? Were we even more religious the further you went back? 

But yeah, our religious golden ages were wonderful for everyone. Everyone speaks glowingly about how people were treated in the Middle Ages by their fellow (insert religious convert).