THE BROWNS BOARD

Taywan Taylor

bjh2130

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Actually...I think it is more like he beat out Texas Tech....Derrick Willies.  I mean...Miller wasn't even here for a full week, was he?  Whereas  Ratley and Willies were competing for a spot ever since like last year, no?

Edit....saw that "practice squad" eligibility thing after I typed this....that could be a major factor in the decision.

No worries.  It wasn't a bad point in the sense of neither guy made the active roster.  In the same way I saw Josh Cribbs, Miller probably would have been a better RB than WR seeing how often both guys ran the ball throughout their college football experience.  Seems like they were better trained to run the ball IMO.  

Aggies just catches me off guard with that sense of humor of his.   Excreting coffee through my nose = worthy of acknowledgment and reply.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Orion said:

Willies was 6'4.....Taylor is 5'11.  ( I kinda' liked Willies...Taylor will have to play well, better than Willies' potential )

Good point Orion!   But, what do you mean he was 6'4"?    He still is - isn't he?

True story and don't let him tell you otherwise.  Zombo got a 2" bump on the top of his head from getting tackled into the corner of an end table by FatJeff at the Hyatt Hotel.  He hasn't stopped bragging about the growth spurt since.  I don't know if Atenears put the cold can of beer on the wound for First Aid or to prevent Zombo from telling us he's 6' tall.  Irregardless, there's no telling what can happen on a road trip to Cleveland.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Good point Orion!   But, what do you mean he was 6'4"?    He still is - isn't he?

True story and don't let him tell you otherwise.  Zombo got a 2" bump on the top of his head from getting tackled into the corner of an end table by FatJeff at the Hyatt Hotel.  He hasn't stopped bragging about the growth spurt since.  I don't know if Atenears put the cold can of beer on the wound for First Aid or to prevent Zombo from telling us he's 6' tall.  Irregardless, there's no telling what can happen on a road trip to Cleveland.

Here is a true story:   When I was 62, I was measured when I went for a doctor visit.  They had me at 6/2 which is what I was for my adult life.   When I was 63...I again went on a doctor visit....and they measured me at 6'3".   Same doctor, same height scale....and no bump on the head from a beer can.   And I was not wearing shoes!.   Who ever heard of  a guy growing an inch in his 60s?   Now that I am older, I am back to 6'2".  

And a couple of years back when talking to my (younger) brother....he said that due to the fact that he is lactose intolerant and could not consume milk or other products with calcium,  he lost several inches...like as many as 3. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Here is a true story:   When I was 62, I was measured when I went for a doctor visit.  They had me at 6/2 which is what I was for my adult life.   When I was 63...I again went on a doctor visit....and they measured me at 6'3".   Same doctor, same height scale....and no bump on the head from a beer can.   And I was not wearing shoes!.   Who ever heard of  a guy growing an inch in his 60s?   Now that I am older, I am back to 6'2".  

And a couple of years back when talking to my (younger) brother....he said that due to the fact that he is lactose intolerant and could not consume milk or other products with calcium,  he lost several inches...like as many as 3. 

Well I short changed you, yes pun intended. I had you pictured as a lot smaller than that

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I'm sure it grew from 6.2" to 6.3" because you had a prettier nurse taking the measurement.😁

6 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Well I short changed you, yes pun intended. I had you pictured as a lot smaller than that

Why? What were you thinking.  I certainly do carry more weight than I should.  (there are several places on here that you can actually see a photo of me...I will let you find them on your own.)

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Why? What were you thinking.  I certainly do carry more weight than I should.  (there are several places on here that you can actually see a photo of me...I will let you find them on your own.)

I dunno, maybe it was from one of your old profile pictures. I had an image of something like Mickey Goldmill haha

34 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I dunno, maybe it was from one of your old profile pictures. I had an image of something like Mickey Goldmill haha

At times I have changed my profile picture every week....Perhaps, given my current avatar, you may think that I look like that guy from the Fantastic Four...the stretchy guy!  You know.. Mr. Fantastic....maybe that is what you had in mind for me!:lol:

And, I don't know who Mickey Goldmill is.  Don't think I ever heard of him.  I will have to google that name.

Edit....AH....the Mick from Rocky.  Didn't know that was his last name.   No, not even close.

When I was younger, and before my beard turned grey....and with a maybe a few extra pounds, which I do need to shed,  the person I was told I look a bit like was this guy: Vincent Van Gogh.

8541520-3x2-700x467.jpg

That is not me on the right...but it wasn't far off...like  30-40 years ago.   Now I will have to try this out as my new avatar. (But I don't ever recall owning a dog ugly straw hat like that.) (and I still have both of my ears)

7 hours ago, medicineman said:

Is this guy better than Willies? or anybody who we let go that already knew our system and playbook?  This guy has not really done much, he looks like a bigger target but not much in speed. Just my take on it, I trust in Dorsey so let the show begin 

I found this little info bit on him. DJ liked him and that game against Bama's quality secondary is impressive. You know Saban had them focused to stop the "star" receiver, but they didn't.

He looks like one of NE's kind of fleas that bug you in slot play with the quicks to get away if you find him in space. Since Willies is still with us, I'm sure over the first few weeks they can determine whether to keep this one on the 53 or promote Willies in his place. The competition for the 6 WR spots is still on.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/taywan-taylor?id=2557870

• Thanks 1