THE BROWNS BOARD

Taywan Taylor

bjh2130

Browns trade for titans receiver.  All that is known is it is 2020 pick in exchange for him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1167886811139436550?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-6262445102660469571.ampproject.net%2F1908231648370%2Fframe.html

Edit still don't know what round the pick given up was but it is suspected a 5th or later.  Regardless bad news for one of ratley or braxton if not bad news for both. 

Have no idea if he would even be remotely available but I really like what that kid Chris Godwin from TB has shown the two times I’ve seen him play against us. 

Wishful thinking. 

4 minutes ago, alporcini said:

Have no idea if he would even be remotely available but I really like what that kid Chris Godwin from TB has shown the two times I’ve seen him play against us. 

Wishful thinking. 

He’s going to see the ball a ton in TB this year. Coach said he will never leave the field on offense 

46 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Browns trade for titans receiver.  All that is known is it is 2020 pick in exchange for him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1167886811139436550?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-6262445102660469571.ampproject.net%2F1908231648370%2Fframe.html

Edit still don't know what round the pick given up was but it is suspected a 5th or later.  Regardless bad news for one of ratley or braxton if not bad news for both. 

Braxton is cut but after my call to Dorsey that he could piss off Gipper by retaining Aggie Ratley, he got to stay.🤣

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Yeah I did not have ratley above willies.

Ratley had been playing really well up until the hamstring issue. They didn't just forget that. He must have been returning to form in practice leading into this last preseason game since he made a brief appearance there. It's what they are doing daily that we don't really get to see that can make a difference.

I do know Taywan won't be wearing the same #13 jersey here as in Tenn..:D Taylor got loads of targets & caught 66% of them last season.over 12 yards per catch average. he can spell Callaway for 4 games....and it's Ratley vs Taylor for 1 spot till Cab gets back up to speed imo 

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I do know Taywan won't be wearing the same #13 jersey here as in Tenn..:D Taylor got loads of targets & caught 66% of them last season.over 12 yards per catch average. he can spell Callaway for 4 games....and it's Ratley vs Taylor for 1 spot till Cab gets back up to speed imo 

They didn't trade a 2020 pick (no matter what round) for a 4 game rental. If they are going to drop a wide receiver for Calloway to return it will definitely be Ratley.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

They didn't trade a 2020 pick (no matter what round) for a 4 game rental. If they are going to drop a wide receiver for Calloway to return it will definitely be Ratley.

sure they didn't. they don't trust Callaway nor Ratley like most...so seeing insurance is a good thing  

• Upvote 1

To me, Ratley is the new Seth DeValve.  Always injured but thought to have talent.

Willies was 6'4.....Taylor is 5'11.  ( I kinda' liked Willies...Taylor will have to play well, better than Willies' potential )

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Probably not, almost assuredly not, but to be fair the Vikings ended up trading a 5th round pick for a 0 game, 3 week rental for a kicker lol 

And if you think about it, a bunch of guys throughout the league are drafted with those low picks and don't make a team. Not much difference in trading a low pick, especially when the player traded for can contribute.

6 hours ago, alporcini said:

Wishful thinking. 

I really liked him coming into the Draft, and was hoping the Browns drafted him. I totally agree. 

6 hours ago, alporcini said:

Wishful thinking. 

If we're targeting players we can't get why settle for Godwin let's get luke kuechly Aaron Donald Derwin James or Jamal Adams 

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Braxton is cut but after my call to Dorsey that he could piss off Gipper by retaining Aggie Ratley, he got to stay.🤣

Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

Nope. They will retain 6 and drop whomever they decide from the extra OLs they signed to sort out RG. Our offense is designed to throw a lot and wear out DBs. But first we have to fix the RG position to protect Baker so he has time to find those guys. Now you could argue whether or not Ratley is the one who gets retained among those 6 and depending upon how the season goes with him, you might make a good argument for PS at some point. But since neither of us was there to watch daily practices at camps, we're not in position to know why he was retained and Willies/Strong cut.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Gips, the key word in that post is "yet".  Not worth arguing about.  You might be right about Dorsey's loyalty to draft picks; but Dorsey also brings in the guys he has to cut as well.  Meaning?   He's gonna get credit either way for what we put on the field.  For example, The Scottish Hammer. Dorsey just cut a veteran punter he paid a rat load of cake to. That may not have been a draft pick but the Scottish Hammer was undrafted. Somebody is going to get a lot of credit for FINDING a guy that not only does his job well but he also tackles people extremely well. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nope. They will retain 6 and drop whomever they decide from the extra OLs they signed to sort out RG. Our offense is designed to throw a lot and wear out DBs. But first we have to fix the RG position to protect Baker so he has time to find those guys. Now you could argue whether or not Ratley is the one who gets retained among those 6 and depending upon how the season goes with him, you might make a good argument for PS at some point. But since neither of us was there to watch daily practices at camps, we're not in position to know why he was retained and Willies/Strong cut.

😄 God bless ya!   We got A&M beating out Ohio State for that last WR spot.   Just when it couldn't get any more interesting, Mr Me-Aggie is here to remind us College Station still has a 12th Man with a GPS designed by the same people that set up Gipper's text message.  Stay tuned?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Don't believe he is practice squad eligible as he played in 13 games last year. 

The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s).

An accrued season is a season during which a player has been on a team's roster for six or more regular season games

Edit for all who had Willies above ratley like me. I just noticed Willies is practice squad eligible as he appeared in only 5 games last year so maybe that is why they waived him and not ratley. Neither one is going to be a important cog this year but they would  like to see both developmental growth and if willies clear waivers (likely) then the best way to achieve that without taking up two active roster spots is to waive him and sign him to practice squad.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Edit for all who had Willies above ratley like me. I just noticed Willies is practice squad eligible as he appeared in only 5 games last year so maybe that is why they waived him and not ratley. Neither one is going to be a important cog this year but they would  like to see both developmental growth and if willies clear waivers (likely) then the best way to achieve that without taking up two active roster spots is to waive him and sign him to practice squad.

Thanks for the update!    Good news for all!    We can get the Willies from either guy until they get consistent enough at catching the ball for game reps.

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Gips, the key word in that post is "yet".  Not worth arguing about.  You might be right about Dorsey's loyalty to draft picks; but Dorsey also brings in the guys he has to cut as well.  Meaning?   He's gonna get credit either way for what we put on the field.  For example, The Scottish Hammer. Dorsey just cut a veteran punter he paid a rat load of cake to. That may not have been a draft pick but the Scottish Hammer was undrafted. Somebody is going to get a lot of credit for FINDING a guy that not only does his job well but he also tackles people extremely well. 

I agree....the key word being "yet".  

A lot of conversation over a guy that has done nothing...yet.    Maybe we can pick it up when the "yet"  is no longer a factor.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

😄 God bless ya!   We got A&M beating out Ohio State for that last WR spot.   Just when it couldn't get any more interesting, Mr Me-Aggie is here to remind us College Station still has a 12th Man with a GPS designed by the same people that set up Gipper's text message.  Stay tuned?

Actually...I think it is more like he beat out Texas Tech....Derrick Willies.  I mean...Miller wasn't even here for a full week, was he?  Whereas  Ratley and Willies were competing for a spot ever since like last year, no?

Edit....saw that "practice squad" eligibility thing after I typed this....that could be a major factor in the decision.

29 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I agree....the key word being "yet".  

A lot of conversation over a guy that has done nothing...yet.    Maybe we can pick it up when the "yet"  is no longer a factor.

Indeed!  It'll be nice if we can save millions for a stronger leg though so I see why there's some intrigue to what played out in the Scottish Hammer's favor. 

I'm naming my FF Team  Drink Beer after this Mother Hocker.