THE BROWNS BOARD

Why did we go 0-16 on 2017?

Nero

After the today's cuts, we can see how. 

HC - Hue. Out of the league

QBs - Kizer, Kessler, Hogan. Cut by 3 different teams.

WR - Coleman cut by the Bills, Ricardo Louis will miss another full season due to an injury for the second time since he left the Browns. 

RB - Isaiah Crowell. Will miss the whole season due to an injury. 

That offense was offensive, but to the Browns' fans that had to watch it. 

Because they wanted to.

It’s a great model....

Sign nobody, cut vets, swap high draft picks for lower and future higher draft picks.

Drag your franchise through the mud and fans get to eat shit sandwiches for two years. 

Thanks for nothing Sashi...

If they make the playoffs this year it MIGHT have been worth it... but those two years were awful...

2 hours ago, Nero said:

After the today's cuts, we can see how. 

HC - Hue. Out of the league

QBs - Kizer, Kessler, Hogan. Cut by 3 different teams.

WR - Coleman cut by the Bills, Ricardo Louis will miss another full season due to an injury for the second time since he left the Browns. 

RB - Isaiah Crowell. Will miss the whole season due to an injury. 

That offense was offensive, but to the Browns' fans that had to watch it. 

We also still had Josh Gordon, for a bit.  (or did he have to sit out that whole year?)

Bottom line:  drastic failures at drafting over a period of years.  Weeden/JMZ/Gilbert/Mingo/Coleman/Erving/Shelton?/Richardson.  A football generation of busts.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Answer: Huey

I can't blame it all on The Huebatross, though he was certainly a contributing factor. The talent level was atrocious. I think even Bill B. would have been hard pressed to pull out more than four wins with that collective pile of garbage he had to work with. 

I looked back, and only six starters remain from that disaster. Kenny Britt was on that team- need I say more?  

• Upvote 1

I wrote this post at 3AM after a long day so I didn't fully express my intention. 

First of all, Sashi didn't draft well, but the captain of the ship was the worst possible coach too. If your HC and QB are awful, your team is gonna suffer no matter what. Few players of that team got to redeem themselves as we saw yesterday with the cuts, so we were in for a shitshow anyway I guess. 

Finally, we are talking about people that HAVE LEFT the team. We improved each position of the stated above, and though we can't say if Kitchens is going to be a great head coach or not, at least we know he is a honest man, he is not fake, which is a main attribute any good leader must have. 

One of my friends that I introduced to the NFL asked me what did I think the Browns are going to achieve this season, and though I am cautious and I don't see a Superbowl, I think we are in for a long ride and we will enjoy every sunday with this team. And that's really good news. 

I joined this fandom that fatidic 2017 season. I haven't been here for all these almost 20 years of the factory of sadness, but it took me one year as a fan to see the Browns win, and in my opinion all that suffering is going to make us enjoy even more this season. 

Let's go Browns fans, you deserve this one! ;)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hx214 said:

Because they wanted to.

It’s a great model....

Sign nobody, cut vets, swap high draft picks for lower and future higher draft picks.

Drag your franchise through the mud and fans get to eat shit sandwiches for two years. 

Thanks for nothing Sashi...

If they make the playoffs this year it MIGHT have been worth it... but those two years were awful...

2 years? What? We were good before that? Closer to 22 years

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

2 years? What? We were good before that? Closer to 22 years

2008-2017 to be honest. 

38-122 in that span, probably the worst 10 year record in NFL history☹️

4 hours ago, Nero said:

I wrote this post at 3AM after a long day so I didn't fully express my intention. 

First of all, Sashi didn't draft well, but the captain of the ship was the worst possible coach too. If your HC and QB are awful, your team is gonna suffer no matter what. Few players of that team got to redeem themselves as we saw yesterday with the cuts, so we were in for a shitshow anyway I guess. 

Finally, we are talking about people that HAVE LEFT the team. We improved each position of the stated above, and though we can't say if Kitchens is going to be a great head coach or not, at least we know he is a honest man, he is not fake, which is a main attribute any good leader must have. 

One of my friends that I introduced to the NFL asked me what did I think the Browns are going to achieve this season, and though I am cautious and I don't see a Superbowl, I think we are in for a long ride and we will enjoy every sunday with this team. And that's really good news. 

I joined this fandom that fatidic 2017 season. I haven't been here for all these almost 20 years of the factory of sadness, but it took me one year as a fan to see the Browns win, and in my opinion all that suffering is going to make us enjoy even more this season. 

Let's go Browns fans, you deserve this one! ;)

I'm surprised our opponents didn't have "Here Comes Santa Claus" playing over the loud speakers when our Offense took the field.  That said, I do remember hearing some of the music from the movie  "Jaws"  one of the countless times the offense looked as helpless as that kid on the little yellow raft.

Adding insult to injury, a lot of our hand selected offensive linemen couldn't count to 2. So by all means, let's try a long count on the first play of the game so we can be looking at 1st and 15 as soon as possible.  Unfortunately, that was the better alternative to deferring when we won the coin toss and being down 7-0 just a couple minutes later. 

It's refreshing to have a FO that gives our coaching staff legitimate attack pieces to play gridiron chess with.  I never thought I'd type anything like this but the ONLY people mentioning SB expectations are some media sources that aren't quite up on our offensive line.  I think our Oline will gel and Baker will help that as he did last year when many expected disaster up front in life after Joe Thomas.  It's just a question of how soon and how prepared we are for injury.  On paper, we're much improved at the skill positions that put points on the scoreboard as well as pressure on QBs to justify a lot pre-season optimism with our fan base. In Dutch's Predictions thread last year, I predicted 8-8 (and we went 7-8-1) while the Browns were 1-1-1 in OT games (missing anything from extra points to multiple kicks). That was the only thing I got somewhat right aside from my screen name.

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I’ve seen that. Maybe he can tell the difference between tall and short?

You know he will try to trade for Mike Evans from the Bucs! He played basketball before going to football his senior year in HS. He catches many a pass by posting up his defenders.😁

We actually did get great value from signing Zeitler and Tretter before that 2017 season..

Even if Vernon leaves as FA after next season, the compensatory will still be part of our value from signing Zeitler as FA

Note that the Dolphins have 2 first and 2 second rounders in the next two drafts... they're tanking for either Tua or Trevor Lawrence, and that's a decent plan

17 hours ago, Nero said:

Sashi didn't draft well, but the captain of the ship was the worst possible coach too

ie:  Bad Management.

The only difference between the shit teams we've had and the team we have now is John Dorsey (management).  We're about to find out if Freddie is the 'good' HC.

John Dorsey brought players kicking and screaming (in other words, via trade) to an 0-16 football team.  -  Brilliant.  Because they're not gonna flock to ya as free agents.  Then he went and drafted the best QB in the draft...and followed that up with all that we've seen including this weekend's flurry of activity.

John Dorsey is the difference between our being 0-16 and whatever we are now.  (i just wish he didn't pick Corbette)  :)