THE BROWNS BOARD

***Jets VS Browns Gameday Thread***

Nero

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It’s been next to nothing compared to opening week. Other than OBJ, it’s been quiet

Agreed....that giant egg they laid sure shut everyone up....and fast.......

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

That’s because right now most of us are still in shock wondering if we have a turd team with a shiny coating or a solid gold team with just a little shit on the outside to clean up.

Righto.....I was stunned at how terrible they looked.....Expect a complete turnaround this week.....

But, if they play the same.....then all bets are off.....I think the season could spiral out of control and be a massive disappointment...

That O line better come to play .......

The following Browns will be inactive for tonight's game against the Jets.

S Damarious Randall 
RB Dontrell Hilliard 
DE Genard Avery 
LB Adarius Taylor 
C Austin Corbett 
T Kendall Lamm 
WR Rashard Higgins

Sorry to see Higgins out.....Corbett still inactive, even after last weeks OL debacle.......oh man, he must be worse than we even imagined(and I imagined pretty bad).....hope thats the right decision, knowing Lamm is out and how we could have used the extra OL last week....

• Upvote 1

Well, adversity breeds character. The Wife and I went out fishing, in our canoe w'trolling motor, had a great time, got fillets.

Two days later, went out again, but as I went to start the truck and back down the ramp to put the boat in, nothin.

Crawling under, figured out it was the starter. Two different guys came over, didn't go fishing, but helped me replace the starter.  A few hours later, finally got the starter off, taking "shifts" of cursing it, one one guy lived 2 mi from the lake, so he took me into town to get a new starter. Later, went back for different tools to get that one )(*^& bolt out. We needed a makeshift special tool for one bolt.

Then we took turns trying to get the starter out from between the manifold and the engine. Tried and tried, completely unbolted, spun it around at every angle. Nope. We finally had to give up. I owe those guys. The one, a retired Marine said his reward would be for me to pass it on. So, I will one of these days.

Next time out, trailer lights didn't work. Didn't realize it til we got to the lake. Had turn signals and brake lights, no running lights. Caught more bluegill, and a very large channel cat broke the hook off at the boat. We drove to our close friends' house, he and I figured it was a mini-fuse. Running lights worked!

Next time out, the next day, we got to the lake, got ready to put the boat in the water, and my Wife, hands on her hips, looks at me and says "what happed to the paddles and fishing rods?" I'm like, "they are in the truck, right?" She says nope, she put them in the back of the truck bed. I forgot I was running errands with the truck and took em out and put em in the garage so I didn't have them stolen.

Went to friends' house and borrowed fishing rods and paddle. Caught many fish.

So, we are good to go, and I predict a huge win by the Browns tonight.

Adversity breeds character, brings out the best in those who don't give up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mud got'em, good to see ya back Mud. Teller & McGary will give us our normal 7 on OL..JETS Out---Darnold/CJ Mosley/Q.Williams/RB B.Powell/J.F Meyers/J.Willis/Chuma Edoga...WR-Demaryius Thomas & RB L.Bell are both active..  Chris Smith a field game Captain tonight  👍

15 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

S Damarious Randall 
RB Dontrell Hilliard 
DE Genard Avery 
LB Adarius Taylor 
C Austin Corbett 
T Kendall Lamm 
WR Rashard Higgins

Sorry to see Higgins out.....Corbett still inactive, even after last weeks OL debacle.......oh man, he must be worse than we even imagined(and I imagined pretty bad).....hope thats the right decision, knowing Lamm is out and how we could have used the extra OL last week....

Why the heck is Avery out again?! 

20 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

S Damarious Randall 
RB Dontrell Hilliard 
DE Genard Avery 
LB Adarius Taylor 
C Austin Corbett 
T Kendall Lamm 
WR Rashard Higgins

I fucking HATE the fucking "inactive" list.

What fucking use does that device serve?  Not a fucking thing.  It is ignorant to have to pay guys and not be allowed to play them (while they are not hurt).

Ignorant.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Well....they WERE the Champions of that league.   We got that going for us. 

"Which is nice." 

Hahahahaha. I'm not saying Gilbert would blow us away if he had to play, but I like him more than Stanton. However, I pray to the lord above that we don't have to see him play! 

This game will come down to tackling and turnovers. If we tackle their short screens, we force punts, we win. We stay away from turnovers, we win. We're the better team, freakin PROVE IT. 

Today is my wife's birthday! 

We are having lasagna and ice cream cake.

The Browns are going to kill it. I have a feeling!!! 

• Upvote 4

Tried to sign up for the new Tavern........... makes me wish we had the old shitty one instead. Guess I'll artificially up my post count on this thread so I really look like I know what I'm talking about. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Tried to sign up for the new Tavern........... makes me wish we had the old shitty one instead. Guess I'll artificially up my post count on this thread so I really look like I know what I'm talking about. 

ditto-more trouble than it was worth since if wanted me to sign up for some other shit first with a password etc. just for that.