THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Rams Sunday Night Football Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

I rewatched the first half looking at a few things. I thought overall the game plan was solid. Seemed to be heavy doses of quick hitters and runs. I think problems happened when the quick hit receiver wasn’t open and Baker had to read the field.

I focused a lot on Kush and McCray on the right side of the line, and yeah, they didn’t look great. They yielded pressure more than you wanna see, sometimes getting pushed back into Baker. And Donald really is something. Wow man. 

Run blocking was solid though. 

I’m starting to wonder if the Kitchens/Monkens pairing is just not jiving the way we’d like it to. 

On defense l focused on the interior of the DL. Ogunjobi not knifing through with as much regularity as l thought l’d see. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Give it a rest, h... the officiating in this game was pretty good. Rams fans have as much to moan about as we do...

Yeah, overall the officiating was pretty good, but that doesn't mean they should be missing blatant stuff like that....   

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It needs to be shared with Dorsey. Trading away a quality OLman for a guy not putting pressure on QBs has not panned out so far. And choosing a reach for another OLman over a quality pass rusher then available was also a Dorsey mistake. But all hope is not gone. Both can be corrected in the next draft if we don't trade them all away.

Idk seems a tad bit early to call out mistakes and judge the DLine.. they had guys wide open every play because our backup secondary was out there. 

While we were down an RT to a talented Dline. I’m sure the line will be addressed next year.

35 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Idk seems a tad bit early to call out mistakes and judge the DLine.. they had guys wide open every play because our backup secondary was out there. 

While we were down an RT to a talented Dline. I’m sure the line will be addressed next year.

It's guys who totally bought into the preseason hype "Super Bowl or bust this year" who are bitching the loudest when we didn't beat the Rams by 20...  

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

It's guys who totally bought into the preseason hype "Super Bowl or bust this year" who are bitching the loudest when we didn't beat the Rams by 20...  

You can spin this as "bandwagon fans are freaking out because we aren't 3-0" all you want, but this team has been disjointed, sloppy, unprepared and totally outcoached.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You can spin this as "bandwagon fans are freaking out because we aren't 3-0" all you want, but this team has been disjointed, sloppy, unprepared and totally outcoached.

Week 1.... yes... guilty as charged on all counts...

Week 2 ... I can't imagine, let alone recall, a winning coach being out-coached by the losing coach.

Week 3... we looked prep'd to my eye... it's just that (as Baker said) we did not execute... and that "we" included our HC's execution of the gameplan.

Aside: Proofing what I just wrote reminded of the famous, John McKay quip when he was HC of the expansion Buccaneers. When asked after yet another very bad loss his opinion of his Offense's execution, he simply said, "I'm for it."

33 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I was just looking at the game again. 

Did Chubb ever come off the field? Did they use any other backs all night long? 

He played all but 3 snaps I think

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

You must be lost, homie.  The poli forum where you can spout bullshit is.....  ----- >  thataway.  

I stopped reading after this line.       As a collective unit, the KC Oline is one of the worst in the NFL and the Chiefs success has largely been in spite of them.    And when KC finally did come across a secondary with the ability to matchup to their receivers, the Pats proceeded to hold them to one of the worst playoff halfs in team history because of their inability to hold up under coverage rush.   

Mahomes brilliance and their abundance of skill players makes that team go.  Without Patrick? - then they're the Browns of last night.

you're the one who can make an ass of himself on both forums. congrats, you are a fraud on both.

I didn't say they were the most talented, I said they were one of the best - that is, playing together as a unit. Of course, it's easier for them - best TE in the NFL, excellent qb, etc.

I watched the game. Perhaps you forgot to take your un-stupid pill and missed that game: The Chiefs just beat the ratbirds 33-28.

and the ratbirds have one of the top defenses in the nfl.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/07/08/how-good-kansas-city-chiefs-offensive-line-analysis-2018-2019/

" Part of the reason for that response is that the line play last season really was pretty good. I would stop short of saying that the Chiefs had a great offensive line, but they were certainly good enough for the Chiefs to have the best offense in all of football last season. "

Furthermore,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/mahomes-throws-3-td-passes-chiefs-hold-off-ravens-33-28/ar-AAHGc2y

Such as wide receivers Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman, who had TD catches while Tyreek Hill recovers from a broken collarbone. Or LeSean McCoy and Darrell Williams, who combined for 116 yards rushing and a score in place of injured running back Damien Williams. Or Cam Erving, who filled in for left tackle Eric Fisher and helped to limit the Ravens to a single sack.

"I trust that guys are going to step up and play," said Chiefs coach Andy Reid, whose 210th win broke a tie with Chuck Knoll for sixth-most in NFL history. "Each one of them collectively had a pretty good day. They took advantage of their opportunity."

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Week 3... we looked prep'd to my eye... it's just that (as Baker said) we did not execute... and that "we" included our HC's execution of the gameplan.

John McKay Offense's execution, he simply said, "I'm for it."

we certainly did look prep'd, even with the back-ups & Finally!! Here's what you will get from inside the locker room. EVERYTIME!. moving On to Ravens Week...  

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you're the one who can make an ass of himself on both forums. congrats, you are a fraud on both.

I didn't say they were the most talented, I said they were one of the best - that is, playing together as a unit. Of course, it's easier for them - best TE in the NFL, excellent qb, etc.

I watched the game. Perhaps you forgot to take your un-stupid pill and missed that game: The Chiefs just beat the ratbirds 33-28.

and the ratbirds have one of the top defenses in the nfl.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/07/08/how-good-kansas-city-chiefs-offensive-line-analysis-2018-2019/

" Part of the reason for that response is that the line play last season really was pretty good. I would stop short of saying that the Chiefs had a great offensive line, but they were certainly good enough for the Chiefs to have the best offense in all of football last season. "

Furthermore,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/mahomes-throws-3-td-passes-chiefs-hold-off-ravens-33-28/ar-AAHGc2y

Such as wide receivers Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman, who had TD catches while Tyreek Hill recovers from a broken collarbone. Or LeSean McCoy and Darrell Williams, who combined for 116 yards rushing and a score in place of injured running back Damien Williams. Or Cam Erving, who filled in for left tackle Eric Fisher and helped to limit the Ravens to a single sack.

"I trust that guys are going to step up and play," said Chiefs coach Andy Reid, whose 210th win broke a tie with Chuck Knoll for sixth-most in NFL history. "Each one of them collectively had a pretty good day. They took advantage of their opportunity."

So you hit us with further opinion pieces and what is essentially The View for football? Brilliant.

I could post grades individually and by game, but you won't bother caring (per usual) to look at facts.   They can have all the chemistry in the world, but they are not a great, let alone even a good Oline.  Just checking out the pressures surrendered from Sunday should be enough to show how magnificent Mahomes is negating the below average line in front of him by using his mind, arm and legs.

It's ok to admit that you rush to judgement on occasion.  It's ok to be wrong and to look at another perspective. I try to do so before I post.      But I'll book mark your comments for later and remind you of them should that "great oline" sink another playoff run for KC.

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's the reason for the immense frustration, and to be honest, some sadness. Yeah we know it's just football, but this is hobby for many of us and we got a taste of what some winning feels like, and guess what? We liked it! But it goes far beyond winning and losing, it's the actual PRODUCT we're seeing and it's terrifying the fans. 

Why? Because we went 500 years without a QB, and now we're starting to fear that the kid that broke rookie records is starting to look like so many rookie QBs we've had that get scared and never come back. Due to OL, poor coaching, penalties...whatever, we've seen it all, and we've seen it all THIS year. I will say this, if Baker loses his confidence he will never get it back. We cannot let this happen. 

Freddie was asked if he'll relinquish play calling duties and he scoffed at the idea. I thought it was rather arrogant for a guy that is closer to being fired than he might realize. I'm telling you, that 4th and 9 draw was a bigger dagger than you think. Why? Because it was reminiscent of Hue Jackson. It was so cataclysmically terrible that it makes you think Freddie doesn't belong. Furthermore, not challenging that pass interference call ON THE SAME DRIVE was embarrassing. Jimmy doesn't want to be embarrassed anymore, and he's NOT going to wait long to fire someone like he did with Hue. 

In the NFL, the margin of winning versus losing is razor thin and it's entirely possible that failing to challenge a play or calling a 4th and 9 draw is the difference between the two. For far too long we've been on the wrong side of questionable crap, and it really appeared that we were rising above that nonsense and putting "the old Browns" behind us. So yes, fans are going to be somewhat unstable when we start to see some of the same issues that plagued us in the past. 

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm convinced that Freddie thought it was 3rd down. 

It makes me feel better about the call itself, terrified that everything seems to be going 1000mph for him. 

Pretty sure our HC not knowing the down and distance would not make me feel better...

I'll take solace in him going for the element of surprise...

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Pretty sure our HC not knowing the down and distance would not make me feel better...

I'll take solace in him going for the element of surprise...

Only in respect to the actual call.

But it scares the bejesus out of me in my overall thought of how he is doing. 

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

So you hit us with further opinion pieces and what is essentially The View for football? Brilliant.

I could post grades individually and by game, but you won't bother caring (per usual) to look at facts.   They can have all the chemistry in the world, but they are not a great, let alone even a good Oline.  Just checking out the pressures surrendered from Sunday should be enough to show how magnificent Mahomes is negating the below average line in front of him by using his mind, arm and legs.

It's ok to admit that you rush to judgement on occasion.  It's ok to be wrong and to look at another perspective. I try to do so before I post.      But I'll book mark your comments for later and remind you of them should that "great oline" sink another playoff run for KC.

well, you just go ahead. How do you figure the Chiefs laid 33 points on a "top ten" defense, sir bragalot? and they put 40 points on the Jags in week one. I would say that is pretty good offensive line play helping the scoring. But it's okay - you can just go ahead and channel Rich in thinking offensive lines don't matter.

They are 3-0. Their oline is playing at a very high level. Just my opinion, and your napoleonic arrogance isn't going to stop me or anyone else from just having opinions, even though I never got to play football like you bragged about before.

If the chiefs offensive line starts to falter, ok. But so far, I'm seeing coordination that warrants a very high rating. Sure, the squealer oline is rated higher, blah blah... they are 0-3, so take your x's and o's and shove em.

If I wasn't fine with being wrong once in a while..? then I just would never have any opinion. So, why do you let other folks' opinions crawl down your shorts and bite you ?

37 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So the helmet you wear regularly is for another reason? 

MF just doesn't know when to quit.    

Says something that can be proven otherwise rather easily. Yet can't be swayed in any way, shape or form when shown evidence by someone perhaps with more insight than him.

Cal, ladies and gents... in a nutshell.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Says something that can be proven otherwise rather easily. Yet can't be swayed in any way, shape or form when shown evidence by someone perhaps with more insight than him.

I can only imagine the idiocy he spews on the regular over on the Political Board. 

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

you didn't prove anything, you big mouth sissy. When has your pinko highness ever been "swayed".

You bitch too much, bitch. You don't get to be alpha fake dawg here or there. But you think you are superior to everybody else -like you said, YOU played football, so everybody who has an opinion that doesn't match yours, should STFU and not cause you to wet your pants?

That's you on both forums. Wannabe bigshot. Just a dud. The only time I think you are right about stuff, is when you agree with Tour.

LIttle Tiamsies gets the sissy hissy fitsies ? well, tough turkeys, feebles.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you didn't prove anything, you big mouth sissy. When has your pinko highness ever been "swayed".

You bitch too much, bitch. You don't get to be alpha fake dawg here or there. But you think you are superior to everybody else -like you said, YOU played football, so everybody who has an opinion that doesn't match yours, should STFU and not cause you to wet your pants?

That's you on both forums. Wannabe bigshot. Just a dud. The only time I think you are right about stuff, is when you agree with Tour.

LIttle Tiamsies gets the sissy hissy fitsies ? well, tough turkeys, feebles.

Funny thing is, seeing the group pic I saw posted with you in it a ways back, I can say with 100% confidence you would never talk half the shit to people in person that you do on this board.  Otherwise you would promptly and deservedly have the shit slapped out of you.    But I'll be in the muni for the cincy home game if you want to settle this over some flip cup.

As a reminder to you and this board; your gripe began with a tangent about some stupidity that I can't recall (as they usually do)

You went on about (my?) leadership, knowing your team, the locker-room, yada yada.  Real cliche' shit.   I simply refreshed you in a much harsher tone - that you don't have a god damn clue what you're talking about and not to lecture if you never played.   That isnt me "bragging" in the least.  Just reminding you of your place when you attempt to talk someone down.

Now scram back over to the poli board. Im sure you have empty threads where you need to keep responding to yourself.     Miss me with your dribble unless you have something intelligent to say over here.  Because you aren't just disagreeing with me on this, but other respected posters that have played the position, PFF, and the KC front office rumored in trades, and the hit and pressure counts.

Oh and... By show of hands, anybody here believe the KC Oline is that good?  (I can already tell the answer now) 

Edit:  you aren't wrong that they play with great cohesion. They know their assignments and that's step one.  However the lack of talent leads to bad execution and win rates.  Chemistry only takes you so far.  They are, by almost every subjective measure, subpar.    Period.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Because you aren't just disagreeing with me on this, but other respected posters that have played the position, PFF, and the KC front office rumored in trades, and the hit and pressure counts.

except other posters who played football don't wet their pants because I have a dumb opinion, which I do ever so often.....   

you started your crap long ago - BITCHING and bragging about how you played football, so you were THE "authority" and other opinions were not appreciated. I can only go with what I've learned from guys with their heads screwed on straight - like Flugels, and other guys I know - and having watched football since i was kid.  You looked at my group pic ...and you know you can "slap the...." ??? Seriously? You started this crap long ago, princess tiamsies, and now you are threatening to slap me around if I talked to you in person?

Yeah, princess tiamsies, you're a girly man. Nobody else on this board thinks he can slap people around because he played football.

You always seem to feel that nobody on the other board is allowed to disagree with you, or have an opinion you don't have...

why? because little princess tiamsies girly man played football? seriously? A lot of guys played football - none of them on this board acts like a psycho girlie man - that's you. As far as threatening me - you don't know me. "Fighting not good".

one more thing - you look like an idiot with that bread on your head.

1dfbbc5bcff9502aed05d84426c462ba.jpg

• Haha 1

You guys can analyze this all you want, but the stats don't lie:

We are 1-0 when Nero starts the Official Gameday Thread and 0-2 when BrownsDawgBot starts it.

The season is clearly in Nero's hands ... Either he steps up, or he doesn't.

Zombo

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

On 9/23/2019 at 2:12 PM, calfoxwc said:

on that one point, it's nonsense. 

This is your first response to my post in this thread about the KC Oline. Keep in mind, before this we had no dialogue in this thread. You didn't say " I believe you're wrong and here's why xyz".   Nah, I just post "nonsense".  And at me - knowing full well I don't formulate football opinions and ideas on a whim.   Way to project what YOU do there guy.

Yet I'm the one you say people aren't allowed to disagree with....?   What a joke.

To clear this up - You're a fucking clown, Cal. With a Napolean complex -  Nothing more. I have zero respect for you as a poster, an athlete and as a man.  Already told you where I'll be that Sunday morning vs Cincy.  Be happy to even toss you my number said morning so you don't get lost.   

Edit; you're going on ignore on this side of the board.  PM me should you want to extend the olive branch.  Im done with you.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

This is your first response to my post in this thread about the KC Oline. Keep in mind, before this we had no dialogue in this thread. You didn't say " I believe you're wrong and here's why xyz".   Nah, I just post "nonsense".  And at me - knowing full well I don't formulate football opinions and ideas on a whim.   Way to project what YOU do there guy.

Yet I'm the one you say people aren't allowed to disagree with....?   What a joke.

To clear this up - You're a fucking clown, Cal. With a Napolean complex -  Nothing more. I have zero respect for you as a poster, an athlete and as a man.  Already told you where I'll be that Sunday morning vs Cincy.  Be happy to even toss you my number said morning so you don't get lost.   

Edit; you're going on ignore on this side of the board.  PM me should you want to extend the olive branch.  Im done with you.

yes, princess tiamsies poutsies, that is what I said. Your POINT was nonsense, as in, wrong. I didn't attack you personally, you attacked me personally, dimwit girlieman. I dared to disagree with your POINT. ooooooohhhhh, tiamsies sissypants goes apecrap on the board.

I disagree with points, this one time the point was yours. and you can't handle one of your points contradicted. The joke is on you - your immature crap about "slapping" etc etc. Yeah, real intellectual sophisticated explanation about why you disagree with me disagreeing with you.

You know a lot about the x's and o's, ok. But it's been said for years and years by those who played football at a far higher level than you ever did - in the pros - that football is "90% emotional". No "x's and o's" there for you, tiamsies. You have no heart.

Please do "ignore", if all you can do is dirty up the board with slapping etc threats. How old are you? 12? You even pulled your football playing on the other forum at me, to say I shouldn't disagree with you over there.

Go ahead, try to explain THAT one.

and your disrespect? LOL I couldn't care less, twinkletoes. Unlike you, I"m not here to show off, alphaprincess... like you do.