THE BROWNS BOARD

***Ravens VS Browns Gameday Thread***

Nero

55 minutes ago, hoorta said:

But IIRC didn't Kush still get nailed for a couple holding calls?  Also- what was up there Myles on the starting your rush about a second early on the Raven's two point try? That almost guaranteed them a score on the next play. 

One holding call and one false start (I think) for Kush, and yes...Myles had another one of his patented offsides that did hurt.  

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

One holding call and one false start (I think) for Kush, and yes...Myles had another one of his patented offsides that did hurt.  

I think Myles is in a 1 to 1 ratio offsides to sacks. I'll take that any day of the week since both strike fear in QBs.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That kinda speed would stun me... that's well above his Combine performance... albeit the Combine does not report top speed, just "average".

And while a 4.52 40 is nothing to sneeze at... his 10-yd time was outstanding.

40 Yard Dash: 4.52 seconds
40 Yard (MPH): 18.1 (MPH)
20 Yard Dash: 2.67 seconds
10 Yard Dash: 1.62 seconds

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Nick&l=Chubb&i=27055

Here's a link to the article.  Crazy, right?

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/nick-chubb-posts-fastest-td-run-in-nfl-giving-browns-2-in-top-5-for-2019?utm_source=google.com&utm_medium=referral

Thanks, jiggins... this really made me lol...

“He can roll,” said quarterback Baker Mayfield, who hit 18.92 miles per hour while chasing Chubb down the field in celebration. 

And I never would have guessed Chubb has more top end than OBJ...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Thanks, jiggins... this really made me lol...

And I never would have guessed Chubb has more top end than OBJ...

And just as I thought, that 7th gear in that run was faster than the top end in the 90 yarder last year by a full mph +. This is a very good thing. Shows he has fully recovered the speed I saw him with before injury at Georgia.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

In all fairness I had seen Chubb play pre and post extreme knee injury at Georgia and he had lost all of 7th gear. Today was the first time I saw him back to that pre injury top speed he had been so highly recruited for in the first place. Now that he has it back, I'm glad NE took Michel and we got the better of the two top backs in that draft.

Saquon says boo!!!!

While Gallman will never be mistaken for Saquon, his 118 combined yards and 2 TD performance Sunday was more than serviceable for the G-men.

At :57 seconds in that video.  A little wing trap from the gun to spring Chubb free for 8 yards.    This was something Romo (?) touched on during the Rams game and was surprised he didn't see more of.       

Little coaching adjustments like that, the attention to the finer details, it gives me a bit of hope for this staff.

.................... Imagine if Freddie would've handed the ball to Chubb - all 4 times if needed, against the Rams on that final 1st and goal series.

humphries was holding etc OBJ a lot of the game.

Check it out - Kitchens says they plan to follow up on the officiating.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-humphrey-beckham-browns-kitchens-20191001-qwiecexvhzgs7b6quwomcdnqgy-story.html

On 10/1/2019 at 12:10 PM, D Bone said:

.................... Imagine if Freddie would've handed the ball to Chubb - all 4 times if needed, against the Rams on that final 1st and goal series.

Smart coaches learn  from  their  mistakes, I  doubt  Freddie  makes  that one again.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2019 at 12:03 AM, The Cysko Kid said:

Saquon Barkley would have been a terrible choice for us considering what we got in that draft. 

I wasn't saying anything to the contrary. But saying Chubb and Michel were the top 2 backs I would say Saquon would certainly be in that conversation too

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I wasn't saying anything to the contrary. But saying Chubb and Michel were the top 2 backs I would say Saquon would certainly be in that conversation too

Top two that appeared available to us. SB was going well before them, but we needed a decent RB. They were the top two where we were choosing, but NE took Michel before he reached us. Prior to his injury Chubb really was the better of the two. All I can say is he appears fully healed now for sure. And ironically Michel has been injured a lot his first two years.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

All I can say is he appears fully healed now for sure. And ironically Michel has been injured a lot his first two years.

adding in same concern at time they were all drafted...Chubb had less fumbles in college than any of them/touch including Guice...as of 2 year pros= Michel has 2...Barkley 1....Chubb ZERO...

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Top two that appeared available to us. SB was going well before them, but we needed a decent RB. They were the top two where we were choosing, but NE took Michel before he reached us. Prior to his injury Chubb really was the better of the two. All I can say is he appears fully healed now for sure. And ironically Michel has been injured a lot his first two years.

That isn't what you said, but that makes sense. And Michel wasn't available then.

I honestly thought you just forgot about Barkley