THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 4 - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SPECIAL - One man's opinion on Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

mjp28

WEEK 4 - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SPECIAL - One man's opinion on Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

Yesterday in the NFL, there was an 0-3 home favorite with a proud post-season past expected to win because they were home and playing a weak opponent. That was Denver, against Jacksonville. They didn’t win. They lost. Had a lead, too, in Mile High Stadium, such a hard place for a visitor to win. 

The Steelers are an 0-3 home favorite with a proud playoff past expected to win because they are playing at home — on Monday Night, no less, the franchise’s historically dominant evening — against a weak opponent. But Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell aren’t walking through that door and if Big Ben does, he won’t be in uniform. Like the Broncos’ pretty logo, Pittsburgh’s familiar black-and-gold colors can’t perform for them. 

The players they have, have not either.

SO what to do?  Easy again all you BROWNS fans TAKE CINCINNATI AND THE POINTS plus maybe the UNDER and enjoy the game. Who knows maybe they will  tie 0-0.  :lol:

54 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yesterday in the NFL, there was an 0-3 home favorite with a proud post-season past expected to win because they were home and playing a weak opponent. That was Denver, against Jacksonville. They didn’t win. They lost. Had a lead, too, in Mile High Stadium, such a hard place for a visitor to win. 

The Steelers are an 0-3 home favorite with a proud playoff past expected to win because they are playing at home — on Monday Night, no less, the franchise’s historically dominant evening — against a weak opponent. But Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell aren’t walking through that door and if Big Ben does, he won’t be in uniform. Like the Broncos’ pretty logo, Pittsburgh’s familiar black-and-gold colors can’t perform for them. 

The players they have, have not either.

SO what to do?  Easy again all you BROWNS fans TAKE CINCINNATI AND THE POINTS plus maybe the UNDER and enjoy the game. Who knows maybe they will  tie 0-0.  :lol:

I take issue with one point:   In what world do you think that the Broncos have a pretty logo?  :lol:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Now Pittsburgh is a 3 point favorite and the O/U is 45....... just FYI.

Anyone going to watch?

I will, on tape delay for kicks and giggles.... I don't put money on games, but I fully expect the Steelers to win......  but that's OK, because they'll be 1-5 at the bye after they lose to the Ravens and Chargers the next two weeks.....  

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I take issue with one point:   In what world do you think that the Broncos have a pretty logo?  :lol:

Well maybe some think it's pretty?

fuck-zike-me-aww-s-well-and-fopu-denver-broncos-52682532.png

16 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I wish I they could both lose. 

I guess that a scoreless tie would be nice too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Tie score and several new names on IR

And an outbreak of the crabs too.   :o

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Orion said:

I just want Mason Rudolph to NOT be the next big thing for the steelers.

In judging just from his 4 year contract for nearly $4M and being behind big Ben maybe he can show something this year but unless #7 retires I don't know when he will get a shot with a decent contending Steeler team.  Still not too bad for a 3rd rounder.....from Spotrac:

Screenshot_2019-09-30_185539.jpg

23 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Joe Haden dropping a pick go figure.  He has to be a leader in that category 

I thought the same thing. 

Reminds me of the old saying: "If DBs had good hands they would play offense"

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I thought the same thing. 

Reminds me of the old saying: "If DBs had good hands they would play offense"

Yes and maybe a few former BROWNS WRs might have made good DBs? Eh?  :lol:

10 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Man.... Bengals defense looks bad... 

And yet it's only pit 10 cin 3.  Can cin tie it up in the second half?  A snoozer so far.

27 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And yet it's only pit 10 cin 3.  Can cin tie it up in the second half?  A snoozer so far.

Doesn't look like it pit 24-3.    3rd quarter 9:24.

Cinci is the dregs of our division... Maybe theres'a small chance that they can make a little noise after getting AJG back, but ottherwise??? Only Nick Vigil stood out on D.

PTG? OL and front 7 on D look Steeler-like especially with White in the line up, but it's the Cinci "scheme" that is making TJ Watt look like an all-pro.... I mean a TE blocking him??? C'mon man...

Rudolph? Meh... best thing is he's good-lookin' enough that he won't have to force himself on women to get any action.

• Haha 1