THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 4 - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SPECIAL - One man's opinion on Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

mjp28

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

... and he's finding out that being the #1 WR is not a lot of fun...

... especially with a back up QB.

It doesn't seem to be bothering him any. As Mason improves juju will get more attention. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, I  saw Dionte, had to go to page #2 of the stats on nfl.com to find him though. :D:D :D . He'd be about the Browns  #4 wr. Face it, right now  you have Ju-Ju and not much  else at the position. Conner is  #3 in receptions, the other guys aren't  getting  targets probably  because  they're not  getting open. As I  predicted, teams are going to  put their  #1 corner on Ju-Ju or double  him, dare  the Steelers to  beat them on the  ground  with  Conner or Samuels, and ignore  everyone else. The Bungles are too bad  of a team pull  that off.  

I watch a lot of steeler tape, I watch a lot of scout breakdowns and analyst break down. Johnson creates separation almost at will so my comments aren't based on just game tape. It could be something from training camp, preseason whatever. If you watched the game against the bungles you would have seen a lot of the passes were designed runs. It was the game plan and they ran it. Mason needs to get more comfortable with his reads and the offense and things will open up. The Steelers have more than juju. Washington and Johnson are both going to be solid and the steelers have a track record to flesh it out. 

Good luck against that niner pass rush with your offensive line.

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

It doesn't seem to be bothering him any. As Mason improves juju will get more attention. 

Uhm.....am I hearing that he may be inactive for this coming game vs. the Ratfuckers?

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2019/10/juju-smith-schuster-sits-out-practice-with-toe-injury-vince-williams-returns-more-from-the-steelers-injury-report.html

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It's exactly this kind of shit that proves my point. You talk out of your ass. It makes no mention of him being inactive. If he doesn't practice tomorrow maybe he doesn't play. If he doesn't it's next man up. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

It's exactly this kind of shit that proves my point. You talk out of your ass. It makes no mention of him being inactive. If he doesn't practice tomorrow maybe he doesn't play. If he doesn't it's next man up. 

There was speculation on TV you know main stream sports media not your esoteric biased Steeler bullshit

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There was speculation on TV you know main stream sports media not your esoteric biased Steeler bullshit

Yea speculation. People speculated the steelers were the problem with antonio brown annnnnnd then. You know what they say about assumptions don't you gipper? I won't be shocked if he doesn't play seeing as its the same toe that bothered him week one. It still doesn't change my point. I would wager everything you say smells like shit. You routinely talk straight out of your ass.

37 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Yea speculation. People speculated the steelers were the problem with antonio brown annnnnnd then.

No, people speculated that the problem was that yinzers had oh so many drama queens on your team:  AB, BR, Bell.  People were right. Now you are essentially shed of all those queens.  So maybe the horseshit surrounding that team has tone downed tremendously. I think that is probable.  

You know what they say about assumptions don't you gipper? I won't be shocked if he doesn't play seeing as its the same toe that bothered him week one. It still doesn't change my point.

You actually have no point.  Or, if you do...it is to argue with reports made about your team that have been made in the media. Which is the same as having no point.

I would wager everything you say smells like shit. You routinely talk straight out of your ass.

You of all people should know that my ass smells like lilacs in bloom.  Your nose is there so often. Nevertheless...I get my information from mainly mainstream sports media.  Sure.   Where else...in your opinion, should I get it?  And where do you think the mainstream media get most of their information?   From reports that come directly from the teams.  Like...the injury report.  Who makes those out? 

So...if I say that it has been reported the JJSS may not play....it is because the team has told the world that he is questionable.  So, I guess, really, your argument is with the information your own team puts out.

12 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

When the Steelers beat a terrible pop warner bengals team, look who shows up!

going 0-3 beforehand however, the crickets played an amazing symphony for you Steelers twat boys!  You guys suck

That's one of the wonderful things about our country everyone can express their opinions on about anything....... whether they are right or not, who cares it's America and I'm online!  :lol:

But is Pittsburgh a smart pick this week? Let's check with Vegas where money talks and well you know.   http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1984334

Kornegay said their top sharp plays at the Superbook this week have been the Steelers, Buccaneers, Broncos and Falcons

The SuperBook opened the Ravens as four-point road favorites at Pittsburgh and the Ravens are -3 now. The Ravens have lost their last two games while the Steelers picked up their first win last Monday at home against the Bengals. The favorite has covered the number only once in the last nine meetings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you go. Now take your pick, for fun of course.   ;)

"Is this a great country or what!"

13 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That's one of the wonderful things about our country everyone can express their opinions on about anything....... whether they are right or not, who cares it's America and I'm online!  :lol:

But is Pittsburgh a smart pick this week? Let's check with Vegas where money talks and well you know.   http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1984334

Kornegay said their top sharp plays at the Superbook this week have been the Steelers, Buccaneers, Broncos and Falcons

The SuperBook opened the Ravens as four-point road favorites at Pittsburgh and the Ravens are -3 now. The Ravens have lost their last two games while the Steelers picked up their first win last Monday at home against the Bengals. The favorite has covered the number only once in the last nine meetings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you go. Now take your pick, for fun of course.   ;)

"Is this a great country or what!"

Ravens crush...by 20!!

1 minute ago, Kvoethe said:

Ravens crush...by 20!!

My gut feel says that you are right -but- this is the wacky NFL and strange things do happen.  As and pizzburgh has to feel desperate to turn the season around........or maybe they are going for a top draft pick and a new coach.   :lol:

19 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Yea speculation. People speculated the steelers were the problem with antonio brown annnnnnd then. You know what they say about assumptions don't you gipper? I won't be shocked if he doesn't play seeing as its the same toe that bothered him week one. It still doesn't change my point. I would wager everything you say smells like shit. You routinely talk straight out of your ass.

Shoot Breath, this might be the most adorable example of Coyote Ugly I've ever seen.  Just to refresh your memory - you couldn't even talk about AB in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 without needing an underwear change.  You sounded like you were on ecstasy every time you posted about him.  It got so creepy I almost bought stock in Fruit of the Loom. 

It wasn't that long ago somebody in here was warning Cleveland fans about how many Superbowls the Killer Bees were going to win together with all that time they had left in Pittsburgh. HINT: It wasn't Gipper...  Gee, who could have shared such a Careless Whisper?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Shoot Breath, this might be the most adorable example of Coyote Ugly I've ever seen.  Just to refresh your memory - you couldn't even talk about AB in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 without needing an underwear change.  You sounded like you were on ecstasy every time you posted about him.  It got so creepy I almost bought stock in Fruit of the Loom. 

It wasn't that long ago somebody in here was warning Cleveland fans about how many Superbowls the Killer Bees were going to win together with all that time they had left in Pittsburgh. HINT: It wasn't Gipper...  Gee, who could have shared such a Careless Whisper?

1. They were never healthy together. I don't remember the stat but the total number of games the three of them were on the field (especially the playoffs is low or non-existent)

2. Mike Tomlin and the steelers did a tremendous job of keeping his bs in house. According to ryan Clark it started back in 2012 so for it to carry on as long as it did with minimal blowback in the media is remarkable.

3. He was the best wr in the league, my praise of him was there for a reason. 

In typical flugel fashion you come out spinning like a top in Jerusalem.