THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone Else Going to The San Fran game?

stillmotion

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Thought about it but I decided to go to Wyoming instead. 

That is the safe choice I guess.

But I'd go to the that game in a heartbeat you can go get lost in the woods anytime. GO BROWNS, west coast style.

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Thought about it but I decided to go to Wyoming instead. 

Say if you find that half naked woman I saw in the wilds out there, say hello.🤗 On second thought that was around 1981 or 82, so nevermind.🙄

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That is the safe choice I guess.

But I'd go to the that game in a heartbeat you can go get lost in the woods anytime. GO BROWNS, west coast style.

Well...I am still contemplating going to the AZ game.  But that is now down to about 5%.  While hoorta is likely going, he is tied up with other commitments ...and no one else that I know of is going.  My potential travel companion has NO interest in going to the game.  I may still go to AZ to do other things I want to do...but just not go to the game...(which would save me &&...plus, hotels near the stadium...even meager hotels, want like 300-400 a night.    I would like to go to AZ.....but I have a wedding and a cruise coming up next year, and those events take up a bunch of money, so I may not be able to make it anyway.   If I had know that some others were going to SF game, I may have made plans to do that.  But now I am committed to Wyoming.  So...Yellowstone/Grand Tetons are my consolation. And those are hard places to beat...anywhere in the world, when it comes to sightseeing etc.  Fair to say?

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Say if you find that half naked woman I saw in the wilds out there, say hello.🤗 On second thought that was around 1981 or 82, so nevermind.🙄

Well....I don't even think I can find a half naked woman in the usual places you find half naked women.....because, since you asked I checked it out:

Find Gentlemen clubs in the following Wyoming cities:

I am not going anywhere near those towns.   (Jackson/Cody/Thermopolis/Lovell/Greybull.)   And they do not have "gentleman's clubs".  That I can tell.   So, I am not going to worry about it. 

On the other hand, there is also this:   Grand Tetons is French.....and in English it means:  Big Tits.  (that is absolutely true)

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Did you ask her if she was "game"?

20 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nope, but I did tell my wife when I got home it was all fine because I had drawn a doe license that year in the Wyoming hunting lottery.🧜‍♀️😜

So, when you pulled into Denver for the night.....you did some doe hunting there as well?

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=strip+club&find_loc=Denver%2C+CO

21 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Just moved out here to NoCAL a few months ago, a fellow clevelander and I are going to the game. Wondered if any of you will be attending or tailgating monday before the game?

Sorry to have gotten your thread off track.  I had thought about making one away game each year, but two things:   my experience has really shown me that I really actually quite dislike the stadium experience that the NFL gives us.  The tailgates are fine, but once the game starts, its a constant barrage of rap/heavy metal music,  advertising blaring, announcers screaming at you to make noise. Completely annoying.....but..I could probably put up with it if the team would not suck.  (The last two times I went....to Tennessee a couple of years ago, and Houston last year, the Browns cacked up furballs. )  And if I combine it with other travel...as I did last year in Houston, and which is what I would have done if I went to Santa Clara.

• Upvote 1

I wish man, California can be a cool place! I've been digging into the 49's and I have to say, they're pretty dang good. I think Garoppolo was sacked only 2 times through 3 games and both their DL and OL are pretty stout. I believe they're missing an important member of the secondary, but other than that, they're going to be much healthier than us. Although their LT is supposedly out, whatever that's worth. They have maybe the best TE in football, so be ready for that guy, lol. Should be a blast, bring home a winner. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’ll be there heading up from San Diego.  

So Sd is for San Diego BROWNS backer, nice. I didn't think you were from South Dakota. Enjoy the game!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That would be a cool road trip... too bad the 49ers play nowhere near the city they are named for though... 

That.....is a long story.  LOL.

You are correct....Levis is in Santa Clara which is about 45 minutes from SF. Reality tho is that the Niners kinda belong to entire Bay Area and not just SF. SF is the most famous city, but it isn't the largest. It can't be. Its surrounded on 3 sides by water.

Santa Clara is a very small city, but its immediate neighbor is San Jose, which is the largest city by size and population in the Bay Area. Its also the capitol of the silicon valley. When the 49ers were in SF, a much larger % of their season ticket holders were from the South Bay than from SF. In addition, they really wanted that Tech Industry $$$$$, so boom, Levis Stadium. Add to that a 20 year battle with the city of SF, that's why they moved.

Anyone who comes to the game will probably notice its surrounded by the Great America Theme Park (closed on Gamedays), Santa Clara Convention Center, and a Golf course (which is about to be ripped up and turned into a like 6 billion dollar mall/restaurant complex including a Joe Montana restaurant right across the street from the stadium).

Pretty much everything else will be tech companies....Dell, Citrix, Marvell, etc.

That last part is important for this reason...get there early. 5:15 West Coast kickoff puts it right in rush hour. Thankfully, I work at one of those tech companies so I'll be walking. I can actually look out the window and see the stadium from here. :)  Anyone flying in, San Jose Airport is VERY close (so close that Levis is in the flight path and it partially dictated the maximum height of the stadium).

Good Luck gentlemen.

• Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

So Sd is for San Diego BROWNS backer, nice. I didn't think you were from South Dakota. Enjoy the game!

Actually Grew up in Youngstown OH.

Very excited about the Game.  I’ve only been to a few Browns road games actually first Browns game outside of San Diego.  Although Jack Murph May as well been Browns second they always had huge followings there. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Marvin49 said:

You are correct....Levis is in Santa Clara which is about 45 minutes from SF. Reality tho is that the Niners kinda belong to entire Bay Area and not just SF. SF is the most famous city, but it isn't the largest. It can't be. Its surrounded on 3 sides by water.

Santa Clara is a very small city, but its immediate neighbor is San Jose, which is the largest city by size and population in the Bay Area. Its also the capitol of the silicon valley. When the 49ers were in SF, a much larger % of their season ticket holders were from the South Bay than from SF. In addition, they really wanted that Tech Industry $$$$$, so boom, Levis Stadium. Add to that a 20 year battle with the city of SF, that's why they moved.

Anyone who comes to the game will probably notice its surrounded by the Great America Theme Park (closed on Gamedays), Santa Clara Convention Center, and a Golf course (which is about to be ripped up and turned into a like 6 billion dollar mall/restaurant complex including a Joe Montana restaurant right across the street from the stadium).

Pretty much everything else will be tech companies....Dell, Citrix, Marvell, etc.

That last part is important for this reason...get there early. 5:15 West Coast kickoff puts it right in rush hour. Thankfully, I work at one of those tech companies so I'll be walking. I can actually look out the window and see the stadium from here. :)  Anyone flying in, San Jose Airport is VERY close (so close that Levis is in the flight path and it partially dictated the maximum height of the stadium).

Good Luck gentlemen.

Thanks for the advice any good places to eat in the area doesn’t matter cuisine.  

10 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Thanks for the advice any good places to eat in the area doesn’t matter cuisine.  

There WILL be once it gets built out, but nothing really close. There is a true hole in the wall (I mean like a house converted into a restaurant) called Maria Elenas (Mexican Food...and technically in Alviso, but very close) that's pretty good and popular. Food is really good. I actually ran into Jed York there once (49ers offices are right next to the stadium). If you check it out tho....I warned you. Hole in the Wall. LOL.

Everything else is just standard Togos, Taco Bell, Carls Jr, etc.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Marvin49 said:

There WILL be once it gets built out, but nothing really close. There is a true hole in the wall (I mean like a house converted into a restaurant) called Maria Elenas (Mexican Food) that's pretty good and popular. Actually ran into Jed York there once (49ers offices are right next to the stadium).

Everything else is just standard Togos, etc.

If any Clevelanders are making the trip be sure to  try some CA Mexican food.  I have had some of the best Mexican food in CA in places that were dirty as all.  

Sounds like the 9ers are doing something similar to Jerry World in Dallas with the restaurants across from the stadium.  I did lay over in Dallas last year and did the Jerry World tour.  Wow- what a stadium.  If/when the Browns travel to Dallas that’s my next road trip.  They are tearing down a perfectly built baseball stadium across from Jerry World because it’s too hot.  That would never happen in CA or Cleveland 

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

If any Clevelanders are making the trip be sure to  try some CA Mexican food.  

Sounds like the 9ers are doing something similar to Jerry World in Dallas with the restaurants across from the stadium.  I did lay over in Dallas last year and did the Jerry World tour.  Wow- what a stadium.  If/when the Browns travel to Dallas that’s my next road trip.  They are tearing down a perfectly built baseball stadium across from Jerry World because it’s too hot.  That would never happen in CA or Cleveland 

Kinda, but a difference....

1) Jerrys World was in a BIG open space in Texas. Levis was build in a reserve Parking Lot for Great America. Why does it matter? Space. They are restricted. The stadium is 20 feet from the street (Tasman). I drive past it every day. Its surrounded so hard to expand. They are bulldozing a golf course for this project.

2) The other project across the street is:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/8-billion-in-offices-retail-and-housing-to-be-13847339.php

https://www.relatedsantaclara.com/

Essentially the project is designed to be a new downtown for Santa Clara.

3) I forgot Michael Minas.  :)  Michael Minas is a Steakhouse/Grill that is actually attached to the stadium. Good food, but WAY overpriced. I mean WAY. Also pretty small so might be impossible to get in on a gameday.

4) I know Niner history probably doesn't mean much to ya, but the Museum is pretty cool too. Might also be closed on gamedays tho. They have "The Catch" ball, all 5 Lombardis, and a pretty cool hall of statues of 49er Hall of Famers that you can walk among.

Anyway, have a ball guys....just not too much in the game.  :)

2 hours ago, Marvin49 said:

You don't count the Oakland Raiders?  (and of course, you shouldn't...seeing that they abandoning the Bay Area...once again)

Santa Clara is a very small city,

It was like when we had the Cavaliers playing in Richfield....mostly farms around there. The Richfield Coliseum got the name "The Big House on the Prairie" because of it.

but its immediate neighbor is San Jose, which is the largest city by size and population in the Bay Area. Its also the capitol of the silicon valley. When the 49ers were in SF, a much larger % of their season ticket holders were from the South Bay than from SF. In addition, they really wanted that Tech Industry $$$$$, so boom, Levis Stadium. Add to that a 20 year battle with the city of SF, that's why they moved.

And the area around Candlestick looks like it has become a war zone.  I went by there just last year....it look burned out, with drug dealers hanging around.  It was not in a good spot in the end, I am sure.

Good Luck gentlemen.

So....money talked and bullshit walked?

1 hour ago, Marvin49 said:

Kinda, but a difference....

1) Jerrys World was in a BIG open space in Texas. Levis was build in a reserve Parking Lot for Great America. Why does it matter? Space. They are restricted. The stadium is 20 feet from the street (Tasman). I drive past it every day. Its surrounded so hard to expand. They are bulldozing a golf course for this project.

2) The other project across the street is:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/8-billion-in-offices-retail-and-housing-to-be-13847339.php

https://www.relatedsantaclara.com/

Essentially the project is designed to be a new downtown for Santa Clara.

3) I forgot Michael Minas.  :)  Michael Minas is a Steakhouse/Grill that is actually attached to the stadium. Good food, but WAY overpriced. I mean WAY. Also pretty small so might be impossible to get in on a gameday.

4) I know Niner history probably doesn't mean much to ya, but the Museum is pretty cool too. Might also be closed on gamedays tho. They have "The Catch" ball, all 5 Lombardis, and a pretty cool hall of statues of 49er Hall of Famers that you can walk among.

Anyway, have a ball guys....just not too much in the game.  :)

It means something to us.  The 49ers and the Browns are the only two teams left that came over from the AAFC together.  That merger also included both the AAFC Baltimore Colts, and the New York Yankees football team. Both of those folded eventually, however. Not sure why since both cities got another team within a decade.   The AAFC Colts folded, and the league then formed a team called the Dallas Texans from the remnants thereof...which only lasted one year (and which ended up making the Akron Rubber Bowl its home field).  That is the last NFL team to fold.  But, again, within a year that Texans teams was basically converted into the "new" Baltimore Colts...which franchise still exists and plays in Indianapolis.  But, I digress.

So...the two teams, Browns and 49ers DO have an historical connection.   

Since this is the 100th anniversary of the NFL, and since they are supposedly honoring history...and since there were just the two mergers in the NFL's history:  AAFC and AFL....this game should be dubbed the  AAFC Bowl, or something. To honor that bit of history.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You don't count the Oakland Raiders?  (and of course, you shouldn't...seeing that they abandoning the Bay Area...once again)

Santa Clara is a very small city,

It was like when we had the Cavaliers playing in Richfield....mostly farms around there. The Richfield Coliseum got the name "The Big House on the Prairie" because of it.

but its immediate neighbor is San Jose, which is the largest city by size and population in the Bay Area. Its also the capitol of the silicon valley. When the 49ers were in SF, a much larger % of their season ticket holders were from the South Bay than from SF. In addition, they really wanted that Tech Industry $$$$$, so boom, Levis Stadium. Add to that a 20 year battle with the city of SF, that's why they moved.

And the area around Candlestick looks like it has become a war zone.  I went by there just last year....it look burned out, with drug dealers hanging around.  It was not in a good spot in the end, I am sure.

Good Luck gentlemen.

So....money talked and bullshit walked?

1) Raiders are East Bay, across the Bay from SF. That's why the symbol for the Warriors is a bridge...the Bay Bridge. It bridges SF and Oakland. Oakland has always been kinda second fiddle.....Giants over As, Niners over Raiders. It doesn't help that the Raiders have now moved twice, but I'll say this, Raider fans are loyal. There are just more 49er fans.

2) Kinda, but Santa Clara isn't a prairie town. Its all Tech. Google, Apple, EBay....all in the area. Its small in size, but its right in the middle of everything.

3) Candlestick hadn't become a warzone....it was always a warzone. The land itself that it was built on was a boondoggle. How the city got the land is a story in itself. Candlestick point is notoriously and consistently the coldest area in the entire Bay Area. It was built as a baseball stadium, and not a very good one. Then it was expanded and enclosed. It was really NEVER a good building. I loved the place myself, but it wasn't because of its charms...it was the history.

It was located at Hunter Point tho, which is the roughest neighborhood in the whole of SF. BAD Neighborhood. Levis nothing like that.

4) Yup.

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

If/when the Browns travel to Dallas that’s my next road trip.

See you there.

1 hour ago, Marvin49 said:

5 Lombardis

What are these??? Old cars?