THE BROWNS BOARD

Rigged? Browns getting screwed by refs

jbluhm86

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Oh....the NFL can be rigged.  But I don't think it has been, not really. I do think that possibly there is some kind of subliminal bias involved however.  Teams that have done well over the years seem to always get the benefit of the doubt.....those who have not done well do not.

If the NFL gets caught in a cheating or gambling scandal you can bury it on ESPN3.  They have enough trouble with the concussion, low interest by young people and other things like the soccer moms and dads that want junior to play soccer not tackle football.

They are fighting hard to keep it clean and promote interest in the game especially by kids there future audience......and players.

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

No I don't watch FOX News.  :lol:

Seriously though I can't see anyone pulling something like this off and risking the NFL brand maybe forever.  If people thought the games were fixed in any way the viewership and TV money would dry up real quick and the money is the life blood of any show.  No money no show.

And would the referees risk a $200,000++ /year part-time job for a stunt like this AND a lifetime ban?  Or the players risk millions? Would the owners risk ruining their billion dollar franchise?  No.

Well they might do it in Hollywood.   Maybe.

Are you aware that there have been books published saying so right? Better yet Have you seen any polls where they ask people what they think if games are fixed? Even more People KNOW the WWE is scripted yet have zero trouble filling arenas. Not trying to argue or even be a ass, just sayin. I have no problem with you as you are a fellow dawg only saying that we always get a high draft PICKS and never get any better what so ever, that alone says something fishy right by itself. But hey, GO BROWNS. BTW A really good book to name 1 is "Interference" By Dan Moldea 

17 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Are you aware that there have been books published saying so right? Better yet Have you seen any polls where they ask people what they think if games are fixed? Even more People KNOW the WWE is scripted yet have zero trouble filling arenas. Not trying to argue or even be a ass, just sayin. I have no problem with you as you are a fellow dawg only saying that we always get a high draft PICKS and never get any better what so ever, that alone says something fishy right by itself. But hey, GO BROWNS. BTW A really good book to name 1 is "Interference" By Dan Moldea 

Like.....

The Fix Is In: The Showbiz Manipulations of the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and NASCAR Paperback – April 1, 2010

by Brian Tuohy  (Author)

Nightmare in the Woods: One Family's True, Strange and Terrifying Encounter with Bigfoot in the Northeastern United States 1st Edition

by A. H. Verge  (Author)

(just for the sake of a good discussion on the subject, I don't believe that you are a wacko or anything)

There will always be books out there for the gullible wackos who want to believe in and buy them.  NO credible evidence has come to light or made national news on the NFL is fixed. 

Just like despite having cameras and film for over 100 years and now millions of people with cellphones NOBODY has ever come forward with true undeniable evedience of Bigfoot, UFOs, the lock ness monster and all of the boogey man stories that have been around forever.

Show me that and I'll check it out.  ;)

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Like.....

Just like despite having cameras and film for over 100 years and now millions of people with cellphones NOBODY has ever come forward with true undeniable evedience of Bigfoot, UFOs, the lock ness monster and all of the boogey man stories that have been around forever.

Show me that and I'll check it out.  ;)

I'm tellin' ya that growing up in Beaumont with the heart of the Big Thicket just to the north of us, all us kids knew about The Black Panther way before it became a superhero. When us scouts camped out in it, we were very scared to get out of our tents to pee at night. LOL!🌚

EDIT: In fact one local DJ had a "Black Panther Sighting" report going for several months on the radio. Got him a strong audience of us kids for sure.😱😰

https://texashillcountry.com/black-panthers-piney-woods/

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm tellin' ya that growing up in Beaumont with the heart of the Big Thicket just to the north of us, all us kids knew about The Black Panther way before it became a superhero. When us scouts camped out in it, we were very scared to get out of our tents to pee at night. LOL!🌚

That would scare the crap right out of you!

I remember in scouts we had a good troop with an old school bus that we would take at least one trip a month like WPAB (Wright Patterson AFB) camps all over including my old favorite Camp Chicagami in Parkman Ohio and Cook's Forrest in Western PA.  I remember one trip when we woke up and there was fresh bear dung between a few tents...... needless to say that we were all scared stupid that a bear would return and get one of us in the middle of the night. 

The same trip we were hiking among the many rock formations and streams when our leader said FREEZE......he smelled cucumbers the sign of the deadly and silent copperheads.  Needless to say that we were very careful where we stepped that outing.

Beautiful place, those trips help to build character !

17 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

To all of those out there who say the NFL isn't/can't be rigged, all one has to do is look at the story of Tim Donaghy and point shaving in the NBA to see how a ref can be influenced to change the outcome of a game in any major league sport.

When the NBA Officials started to have more of an impact on the game than the players - I stopped watching.  If I wanted to watch fictional sports competition - I'd follow the WWWF. 

I'm really worried the NFL is going in that direction.  Roger Goodfella really wanted the LA Market to have 2 teams.  When he was constantly reminded that even the LA Rams that made the Superbowl couldn't sell out playoff games - he took his God Complex to the next level.  That farce of a NFC Championship Game between the Rams and Saints had not 1, not 2, but 3 officials that live in LA on the officiating crew that just so happened to have the only humans in the country willing to claim they didn't see the blatant pass interference penalty. Roger's goal was met. There was 1 SB team and 1 playoff team now in the market.  That reminded me a lot of the NBA...

And what's up with multiple apology letters to the Browns about officiating blunders in games decided by those?  I had to laugh about the stink people had about the 2 phantom head to the face penalties that went against Detroit which happened to be the 1st 2 times the guy got those penalties in his 6 year career (in the very same same quarter - you don't say!). BUT, the Aaron Rodgers' magic is alive and well so all is good....

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The same trip we were hiking among the many rock formations and streams when our leader said FREEZE......he smelled cucumbers the sign of the deadly and silent copperheads.  Needless to say that we were very careful where we stepped that outing.

Didn't know you had them up that far north. 

On 10/25/2019 at 7:41 AM, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't believe the NFL is rigged. Even in the video they state they don't believe the NFL is rigged but the NFL has a problem with bad and plainly wrong calls that affect the outcomes of games. The NFL is not fully taking advantage of camera technology and they need to start doing it ASAP. Just about every play should be review able and terrible calls need to be reversed. Rule of thumb anything close goes to the refs on the field but obvious wrong penalties need to be reversed and no games should be decided by bad calls. That is my take as a long time football fan who gets as upset as anyone else with bad calls. 

I'm in the opposite corner. I think the crappy officiating is related to instant replay reviews.

Calls have always, and will continue to be missed. It's the "unreversed" calls or "reversed" calls that have everybody up in arms, more than ever.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I'm in the opposite corner. I think the crappy officiating is related to instant replay reviews.

Calls have always, and will continue to be missed. It's the "unreversed" calls or "reversed" calls that have everybody up in arms, more than ever.

For me it is when a call is shown to be wrong by clear and convincing evidence on instant replay and it is not reversed that upsets me the most. Proper use of instant replay would be to correct these obvious missed calls. Anything close I don't want to bother with instant replay review and go with the refs call on the field but no game should be decided by terrible calls.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:38 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Didn't know you had them up that far north. 

Yes the Northern Copperhead poisonous and smells like cucumbers with two rattlesnakes and the cottonmouth are the poisonous......but some from Pennsylvania are known to sneak into Ohio occasionally in the fall and winter.    ;)

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

......no game should be decided by terrible calls.

I agree, but so many have. 

I can think of several playoff games where that was the case. Quite a few in the "replay era"

Officiating in the NFL sucks and has way too big of an impact on outcomes. On that we can agree. But if you think the problem with the Browns is officiating.......... c'mon man. We have sucked the 1st 7 games. This thread is kinda sad. 

The 1st step to recovery is admitting you have a problem........

I honestly wonder - the referees benefit the NFL by favoring the money making/super bowl teams. and I suppose they can demand raises etc when the NFL makes more money.....

because too many non-calls and bogus calls do NOT make sense.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I honestly wonder - the referees benefit the NFL by favoring the money making/super bowl teams. and I suppose they can demand raises etc when the NFL makes more money.....

Uhm....I wonder about this.   Are there really teams that  make more money for the NFL than others? I mean, literally everything from TV money to paraphenalia sales are shared.  About the only thing I think not shared are stadium revenues:  ticket sales, loges, concessions, parking.

I mean, I think that "winning teams" probably do help.....but I don't know that they care which team is winning, do they?  I guess they do want good TV ratings....so they wan the winning teams to be seen more.....but the Browns are on primetime this year as much as any team this year.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The excuse-making this idiot makes over on the Political Board for the Orange Buffoon must be priceless. 

On 10/25/2019 at 1:34 PM, The Gipper said:

But since he is on this forum I assumed he was referring to an NFL team. 

Jesus Gipper, do you fight with everyone? Are you a kid? Let me know if you have some kind of disability. I don't want to be mean but damn. I get it, the Browns realky suck right now. It's gonna be ok. Damn.

2 hours ago, CoachToad said:

Jesus Gipper, do you fight with everyone? Are you a kid? Let me know if you have some kind of disability. I don't want to be mean but damn. I get it, the Browns realky suck right now. It's gonna be ok. Damn.

For a guy that has been on this forum for all of  like 5 days, maybe you should not stick your nose into shit you know fuck all  about.  Woody is a Michifuck fan....because he went there, which is all well and good. I am sure he is a good, smart kid with a fine education,  be we (not just me) here loyal Ohio State fans still have to chap his ass about it.  And this post is just a carry over on that.  You do know that there is a big rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan, right? Or maybe not. So, until you get a clue, piss off.

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2019 at 4:01 PM, Bob806 said:

This is true - I try to allow for that watching games...but when all the action is right THERE, and the ref is looking right THERE.

Just like the Patriot wr who shoves the Browns defender in the facemask, shoving him away from him right before he turns and catches the pass along the sideline. NO CALL ?  It isn't away from the play, it IS the play ! and the ref is looking right at it.

• Upvote 1