THE BROWNS BOARD

The Brown won't lose again

Zombo

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Growing pains did not pair well with early schedule.

Not one team left on schedule that we shouldn't beat.

And we will take them all.

TGZ guarantee .

Z

I agree about not one team on the schedule they shouldn’t beat. But can they keep from beating themselves?

15 minutes ago, Zombo said:

TGZ guarantee .

Z

how many penalties did we have today.........13-15....keep that up, we won't win most of those games we have left......nantz and romo said something about kitchens is trying to bench players for the penalties....if he does that, we won't have a team.....man does this team have issues or what....we'd have to play like the pats did today for us to win out....discipline football....no turnovers....you think we can do that.....i don't...we might clean our act up for maybe a game or 2, but in the end, the issues usually come back again......seen it in every sport...these problems should have been taken care of during training camp and pre season and they were not..

Man, I like your optimism Z and there's nothing I'd like more than for you to quote this post at the end of the season with a big ol' I Told U So attached, but this team just isn't good enough to win in the NFL right now.

It doesn't have near the talent that all of the kool sports talk dudes said it did during our highly hyped undefeated offseason, but worse than that is that it is also poorly coached....  Mondays to Saturdays, and especially on Sundays.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

TGZ guarantee .

Z

Zombo, you know you're my dawg and all, but damn son. Lol. You cray-cray. 

The Bills and probably Broncos are going to obliterate us. We literally threw the ball to a DL, had a defensive TD caused by our OL kicking the ball from our RB, and when we were about to score a long rushing TD, we STILL fumbled it. 

But we're going to beat someone?! 

I believe the players who are making mistakes constantly won't be here next year. Meanwhile,

not much to do to fix the oline and TE positions. This oline can't compete with the better defenses

the Browns have been facing. I hope they go on a winning run. It isn't like the patriots beat the Browns 42 to 7.

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I believe the players who are making mistakes constantly won't be here next year. Meanwhile,

not much to do to fix the oline and TE positions. This oline can't compete with the better defenses

the Browns have been facing. I hope they go on a winning run. It isn't like the patriots beat the Browns 42 to 7.

Without penalties I think we beat the Patriots today. Our running game was dominant. It’s going to get even better. Some kind of change needs to happen now to drive discipline. If we need to fire a coach or bench a “star” so be it. 

4 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Without penalties I think we beat the Patriots today. Our running game was dominant. It’s going to get even better. Some kind of change needs to happen now to drive discipline. If we need to fire a coach or bench a “star” so be it. 

am so sick of pre-snap flags the bonehead should be fined a grand than donate it locally...if legal? fred should seriously consider it  

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I think the o line played well today, and vs Seattle, Baltimore. 

It's maddening watching the same stupid penalties, same stupid turnovers. Chubb, of all people ouch..I feel bad for him. .

I think that all the teams who have lost to the patriots so far...won't be firing their head coaches... surely Kitchens has made mistakes, but he is a first year head coach. My opinion is, he has the right stuff overall, and he will grow with the team. They play excited, and all out kick ass.

I do expect him to replace players who keep making the dumb mistakes. I fully expect to see a new TE and at least a new OT on both sides. Need better pass protection desperately.

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

TGZ guarantee .

Z

this is probably about a .500 team(going forward against a normal schedule I mean).....

yeah, it's theoretically possible to win every game left.  it's also theoretically possible to go 3-6 during the last 9.

Right now our 'updated' o/u is probably 6.5 to 7 wins, which sounds about right.

We're better than 2-5.  Crappy play, some bad luck, and a hard schedule came together to take us there

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

eh...I don't know about 'dominant'.  Take the long run which was basically a punt(so let's call it even) out of the equation, and chubb averaged 4.0 yards per carry and another fumble that resulted in a td(on top of the fumble that was basically a punt).

Now you could say "oh, but you can't take away a 50 yard run" and to that I would say "oh, well you can't take away the impact of a fumble"

Let's be real- out of the running game today we had 2 lost fumbles.  And 80 or so yards from chubb outside the long run on 19 other carries. 

there is nothing 'dominant' about that.  The td on that fumble killed is.  And running the ball in 2019 in the nfl today as a core strategy(and not an occasional switch up) is pretty damn stupid

Z's argument is not based on Fantasy.  There is no team left that we shouldn't....or at least certainly couldn't beat:

9 Sun November 3 4:25PM ET preview     2-4 @ Denver Broncos                              
10 Sun November 10 1:00PM ET preview     2-4   Buffalo Bills                              
11 Thu November 14 8:20PM ET preview     2-4   Pittsburgh Steelers                              
12 Sun November 24 1:00PM ET preview     2-4   Miami Dolphins                              
13 Sun December 1 4:25PM ET preview     2-4 @ Pittsburgh Steelers                              
14 Sun December 8 1:00PM ET preview     2-4   Cincinnati Bengals                              
15 Sun December 15 4:05PM ET preview     2-4 @ Arizona Cardinals                              
16 Sun December 22 1:00PM ET preview     2-4   Baltimore Ravens                              
17 Sun December 29 1:00PM ET preview     2-4 @ Cincinnati Bengals

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Our O line performed well overall...we take away those 3 crap fluke plays and its a game we can win.

20 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Our O line performed well overall...we take away those 3 crap fluke plays and its a game we can win.

There's  the problem. Why do those crap  fluke  plays  only  happen to the Browns?  OL guy kicks the ball out of Chubb's hands, Ward just misses a int in the end zone. I'm  starting to  think that  the team is  cursed.

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

TGZ guarantee .

Z

me thinks we are done for this season....got all this talent and we hire a rookie hc that cannot handle the job at all.....that says it all.....

10 hours ago, MDDawg said:

We're going to win games but this team is too poorly coached to run the table. Having said that I hope you're right TGZ.

you are correct on that.....we won't even end up with a winning record....this coach is a blockhead.....who the fuck hired him....does the gm have that responsiblity or the owner or both...or do we even know....yeah, we will win games....maybe split with the bungles and maybe....just maybe we can beat the dolphins....i think at this point the steelers can beat us twice, even with a backup qb because they have a better defense  and they are more disciplined by far....ravens will probably smack the shit out of us next time we play them....why oh why did we hire kitchens....ughhhhhhh

13 hours ago, browns52 said:

you are correct on that.....we won't even end up with a winning record....this coach is a blockhead.....who the fuck hired him....does the gm have that responsiblity or the owner or both...or do we even know....yeah, we will win games....maybe split with the bungles and maybe....just maybe we can beat the dolphins....i think at this point the steelers can beat us twice, even with a backup qb because they have a better defense  and they are more disciplined by far....ravens will probably smack the shit out of us next time we play them....why oh why did we hire kitchens....ughhhhhhh

Kitchens was a Dorsey hire, the Haslams were enamored with his first full season of work and handed him the keys to the kingdom. If Freddie's fired, Dorsey will most likely hire a veteran coach of which Mike McCarthy and Jim Schwartz are presumed frontrunners.

40 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Kitchens was a Dorsey hire, the Haslams were enamored with his first full season of work and handed him the keys to the kingdom. If Freddie's fired, Dorsey will most likely hire a veteran coach of which Mike McCarthy and Jim Schwartz are presumed frontrunners.

forgot about mccarthy.......if he's interested.....schwartz would be my 2nd choice....he'd be ok too.....

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Hey....let's really stir up some shit:    what about Jim Harbaugh!!  

1st folks talked about the Browns winning this year. Then they talked about problems with  the Browns. Now they're 2-5 and nobody is talking about them at all. The only way to stir things up is to start winning. Kinda sad.

29 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

1st folks talked about the Browns winning this year. Then they talked about problems with  the Browns. Now they're 2-5 and nobody is talking about them at all. The only way to stir things up is to start winning. Kinda sad.

Everybody  loves a winner. Problem is, the three  big additions- OBJ, Vernon, and Richardson  have underperformed. And Baker is  mired in a  sophomore slump. I watched  his post  game presser, and he looked  really down. 

Sure, he didn't  have to  go into  specifics, they know  damn well why they're  losing  games. Turnovers and stupid  penalties.

2 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

NSS. Sorry I forgot the post in pinkSorry I forgot the post in pink

OK great Zomboni has officially predicted the Browns will win out. That is done. So much help do we need to make the playoffs?

Winning out drops losses on fellow AFC contenders Denver, Buffalo, Pittsburgh (twice) and the Ravens and puts the browns at 11-5

Winning the Division

The Ravens only need to drop to 5 losses because we would hold the tiebreaker and drop a third loss on them. So they would need to lose two other games. They have the Patriots, Texans, Rams, 49ers and Steelers left among others, so I see extra losses for sure.

If somehow the Ravens finish 12-4 or better, then:

Wild Card

image.png

So, of the teams ahead of us, we would drop a 3rd loss on the Bills, and a 5th and 6th loss on the Steelers, eliminating Pittsburgh from the conversation.

Chargers we would best in conference record if we tied

So that leaves Raiders, Titans, Jags, Texans and Bills in the hunt with us. One of them could finish ahead of us and we'd still make the playoffs. realistically. 10-6 should make it so, it shouldn't be a problem.

We'll run a more detailed playoff picture next week, but I'll give the Browns at least  a 99% chance of making the playoffs at 11-5.

Zombo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

OK great Zomboni has officially predicted the Browns will win out. That is done. So much help do we need to make the playoffs?

Winning out drops losses on fellow AFC contenders Denver, Buffalo, Pittsburgh (twice) and the Ravens and puts the browns at 11-5

Winning the Division

The Ravens only need to drop to 5 losses because we would hold the tiebreaker and drop a third loss on them. So they would need to lose two other games. They have the Patriots, Texans, Rams, 49ers and Steelers left among others, so I see extra losses for sure.

If somehow the Ravens finish 12-4 or better, then:

Wild Card

So, of the teams ahead of us, we would drop a 3rd loss on the Bills, and a 5th and 6th loss on the Steelers, eliminating Pittsburgh from the conversation.

Chargers we would best in conference record if we tied

So that leaves Raiders, Titans, Jags, Texans and Bills in the hunt with us. One of them could finish ahead of us and we'd still make the playoffs. realistically. 10-6 should make it so, it shouldn't be a problem.

We'll run a more detailed playoff picture next week, but I'll give the Browns at least  a 99% chance of making the playoffs at 11-5.

Zombo

So Z, what  are the odds of  us running  the  table? Not  good  in my estimation. Heck, even the Dull-phans are  playing  better. If you  watched the  MNF game, they had the  Steelers  on the ropes until they  started playing  like  the  Browns at the end of the  first  half.