THE BROWNS BOARD

The Brown won't lose again

Zombo

On 10/27/2019 at 6:10 PM, calfoxwc said:

I believe the players who are making mistakes constantly won't be here next year. Meanwhile,

not much to do to fix the oline and TE positions. This oline can't compete with the better defenses

the Browns have been facing. I hope they go on a winning run. It isn't like the patriots beat the Browns 42 to 7.

In the meantime don’t play them now.

These two are head scratchers in my opinion

Callaway?

Harris? Aside from his TD last week.

On 10/27/2019 at 8:04 PM, The Gipper said:

Z's argument is not based on Fantasy.  There is no team left that we shouldn't....or at least certainly couldn't beat:

9 Sun November 3 4:25PM ET preview     2-4 @ Denver Broncos                              
10 Sun November 10 1:00PM ET preview     2-4   Buffalo Bills                              
11 Thu November 14 8:20PM ET preview     2-4   Pittsburgh Steelers                              
12 Sun November 24 1:00PM ET preview     2-4   Miami Dolphins                              
13 Sun December 1 4:25PM ET preview     2-4 @ Pittsburgh Steelers                              
14 Sun December 8 1:00PM ET preview     2-4   Cincinnati Bengals                              
15 Sun December 15 4:05PM ET preview     2-4 @ Arizona Cardinals                              
16 Sun December 22 1:00PM ET preview     2-4   Baltimore Ravens                              
17 Sun December 29 1:00PM ET preview     2-4 @ Cincinnati Bengals

But these are all +1 games we have to overcome ourselves in each of these until we prove otherwise. 

The start would change of Offensive philosophy. Baker under center handing to Chubb and Hunt 30 times a game.  And the short game to OBJ, Landry, Hunt with 2 or 3 big playaction attempts per game.  It’s too boring for Freddie he wants to run criss cross shovel passes in the rain.

I’m half empty now with my thinking but we have room IMO for one more loss - we won’t see the playoffs at 9-7.  So can we put together 4 quarters where we aren’t stupid or the execution is decent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/27/2019 at 8:44 PM, D Bone said:

Man, I like your optimism Z and there's nothing I'd like more than for you to quote this post at the end of the season with a big ol' I Told U So attached, but this team just isn't good enough to win in the NFL right now.

It doesn't have near the talent that all of the kool sports talk dudes said it did during our highly hyped undefeated offseason, but worse than that is that it is also poorly coached....  Mondays to Saturdays, and especially on Sundays.

they are not built to go on any kind of a big  win streak....maybe a 2 game streak here and there against shitty teams like us, but other than that, lets face it, we are not going to the playoffs....my guess is that we lose at denver and somehow the ravens beat the pats this weekend...and that will be it....we will all be talking about the draft....

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I love Z's never-say-die enthusiasm...

... but would feel better if Salma had made the call...

i'd love nothing more to see us at least go 9-7, but that may be a stretch unless they get all this stuff figured out by sunday....saw odells presser yesterday on espn...he does not seem happy at all....me thinks he is going to implode soon... i believe something bad is already happening with him and good ole freddie...got a bad feeling about this..

On 10/27/2019 at 8:44 PM, D Bone said:

Man, I like your optimism Z and there's nothing I'd like more than for you to quote this post at the end of the season with a big ol' I Told U So attached, but this team just isn't good enough to win in the NFL right now.

It doesn't have near the talent that all of the kool sports talk dudes said it did during our highly hyped undefeated offseason, but worse than that is that it is also poorly coached....  Mondays to Saturdays, and especially on Sundays.

couldn't agree more....well put...

I agree with this post. The Browns will never lose again. Never. They will be undefeated for the rest of time. All will be great with the world. Its all rainbows and butterflies from here guys. 

I strongly advise buying your superbowl tickets right now.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:54 PM, Tour2ma said:

I love Z's never-say-die enthusiasm...

... but would feel better if Salma had made the call...

I love his confidence reminds me a bit of my guy Vince Lombardi...... even looks a bit like Joe Willie Namath circa 2019.   :lol:

You never  can give up the ship!

33847414_181545769349305_3268033765053562880_n (1).jpg

2 hours ago, CoachToad said:

I agree with this post. The Browns will never lose again. Never. They will be undefeated for the rest of time. All will be great with the world. Its all rainbows and butterflies from here guys. 

I strongly advise buying your superbowl tickets right now.

It’ll be wonderful. I look forward to the day when we get bored with Canton updating the “longest winning streak...ever” plaque on a weekly basis until 2042, which is of course when the robots and aliens will join forces to destroy us all. But man it’ll be a good ride until then.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

It’ll be wonderful. I look forward to the day when we get bored with Canton updating the “longest winning streak...ever” plaque on a weekly basis until 2042, which is of course when the robots and aliens will join forces to destroy us all. But man it’ll be a good ride until then.

OK, what is the current longest winning streak ever?

38 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winning_streak_(sports)

Looks like the Pats, of course, at 21 games.

I have the feeling the 49ers may take over that spot at season's end. Those guys look good. Have a watch in just a few minutes @ Arizona.

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winning_streak_(sports)

Looks like the Pats, of course, at 21 games.

You had to look it up.

note....the longest winning streak is NOT the same as the longest  unbeaten streak.  That, I think is  24 or 25 games...by the Canton Bulldogs.   The Bulldogs of course played in an era where if a game was tied at the end of regulation, the game was just a tie.  NO OT.   The Pats in their win streak had a couple of OT games that, to their credit, they won.  But under the old rules, their winning streak would have ended. 

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You had to look it up.

note....the longest winning streak is NOT the same as the longest  unbeaten streak.  That, I think is  24 or 25 games...by the Canton Bulldogs.   The Bulldogs of course played in an era where if a game was tied at the end of regulation, the game was just a tie.  NO OT.   The Pats in their win streak had a couple of OT games that, to their credit, they won.  But under the old rules, their winning streak would have ended. 

Sorry Gip. There's a difference between ties and wins. Go put on your leather helmet and pine for day s past. The rules changed, and the record stands. You'd have a case if some of the Patriot games had ended in ties.... 

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sorry Gip. There's a difference between ties and wins. Go put on your leather helmet and pine for day s past. The rules changed, and the record stands. You'd have a case if some of the Patriot games had ended in ties.... 

The point is:   the Patriots had at least 2 games that WOULD have ended in ties under previous rules. 

I am not pining for the old days. I much prefer the use of OT.   I am just saying that the FACTS are that, maybe if the Bulldogs had been allowed to also play an OT when their games ended in ties...they may have won those games. 

If you don't think that rule changes change the game, then maybe you would like to go back to days when the bump and run were allowed all over the field except when the ball is in the air.  

In those days, any pass completion pct. over 50% was good.  Any TD to Int. ratio better than 1-1 was good. 

https://www.insidehook.com/article/sports/nfl-rule-changes-created-golden-era-quarterback-stats

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The point is:   the Patriots had at least 2 games that WOULD have ended in ties under previous rules. 

I am not pining for the old days. I much prefer the use of OT.   I am just saying that the FACTS are that, maybe if the Bulldogs had been allowed to also play an OT when their games ended in ties...they may have won those games. 

If you don't think that rule changes change the game, then maybe you would like to go back to days when the bump and run were allowed all over the field except when the ball is in the air.  

In those days, any pass completion pct. over 50% was good.  Any TD to Int. ratio better than 1-1 was good. 

https://www.insidehook.com/article/sports/nfl-rule-changes-created-golden-era-quarterback-stats

And the rest of the world says BIG WHOOP. 

42 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The Bulldogs also may have lost them. The Bulldogs also could have magically turned into corndogs during the game. I’m sure that’s a record that would’ve stood for a while. Not every day you see an entire football team turn into corndogs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have the feeling the 49ers may take over that spot at season's end. Those guys look good. Have a watch in just a few minutes @ Arizona.

They are doing this with backup tackles.  Amazing.  On offense It’s Smart football it’s smart play calls and a great Scheme 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The Bulldogs also may have lost them. The Bulldogs also could have magically turned into corndogs during the game. I’m sure that’s a record that would’ve stood for a while. Not every day you see an entire football team turn into corndogs.

Yes, certainly the Bulldogs could have lost them.  

Beyond that, I think you are trying to make some kind of joke....but beyond it just being completely random, I guess I don't get it. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well, a lot of the world lives in poverty, hunger and ignorance.  People say Big Whoop to that as well.

Non sequitur, out of order.... Ancient football records are not the same as starving people. Those millions of underfed people in Africa don't know or care about stinking football records. And it just got pointed out that if there had been overtime in the days of leather helmets, the Bulldogs just might have lost.  

44 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Non sequitur, out of order.... Ancient football records are not the same as starving people. Those millions of underfed people in Africa don't know or care about stinking football records.

Nor do a Billion Chinese...per Sam Rutigliano

And it just got pointed out that if there had been overtime in the days of leather helmets, the Bulldogs just might have lost.  

Perhaps,  maybe...but they tied.  If it had not been for a major rule change, the Patriots without much of a doubt would have tied as well. The point is, because of that major rule change, the Pats had the opportunity to win their games that were tied at the end of regulation. The Bulldogs never had that opportunity.   The moral of the story is that "rule changes can and do have a major effect on the game". 

But, there are still some things that seem to be an anomaly:   See the article linked above.  It still seems beyond comprehension that the record for most passing yards in a game is still held by Norm Van Brocklin, set in like 1950 with 554 yards.

Also....seemingly anamolous, but perhaps not really, is that   Otto Graham, Sid Luckman, and Van Brocklin are still 1,2,3 in yards per pass attempt.  The perhaps not is because back in those days a pass was a pass....it was a means for a team to go for a long gain.  And that is how it was employed.   With rule changes now, not so much, particularly the bump and run rule, and others. A pass to a great extent can be  just an elongated handoff.  So, a lot more dinks and dunks are employed....and ergo, the yards per pass attempt have gone way down.

kPlayerY/AYearsTm

1Otto Graham+9.01 946-1955cle

2Sid Luckman+8.4 1939-1950chi

3Norm Van Brocklin+8.2 1949-19602TM

4Steve Young+8.0 1985-19992TM

5Kurt Warner+7.9 1998-20093TM

Russell Wilson7.9 2012-2019

Tony Romo7.9 2004-2016dal

Ed Brown7.9 1954-19653TM

9Bart Starr+7.8 1956-1971gnb

Aaron Rodgers7.8 2005-2019gnb

Ben Roethlisberger7.8 2004-2019pit

Philip Rivers7.8 2004-2019sdg

Johnny Unitas+7.8 1956-19732TM14

Earl Morrall7.7 1956-19766TM 

Kirk Cousins7.7 2012-20192TM

Dan Fouts+7.7 1973-1987sdg

Len Dawson+7.7 1957-19753TM

Roger Staubach+7.7 1969-1979dal

Jared Goff7.7 2016-2019ram

Peyton Manning7.7 1998-20152TM

These are the career leaders in yards per pass attempt.  

It seems an interesting mix of older players (OG, Luckman, Van B. Ed Brown)......Middle era players...guy from like the 60s to 80s, plus more current players. (actives in bold).   An interesting dichotomy

On 10/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, Zombo said:

Growing pains did not pair well with early schedule.

Not one team left on schedule that we shouldn't beat.

And we will take them all.

TGZ guarantee .

Z

Please dont drink and drive Zombo.

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2019 at 12:18 AM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

11-5 sounds kinda crazy. But if you believe in the talent on this team, it really is NOT far fetched at all. 
If I was betting, it’d be on the Browns for the last 9 games.

All WHAT talent? JUst because so many keep saying that doesn't make it true. What? All the QB talent? No. Chubb is a good back, and then.....? OL is not talented in the least. WRs best talent is shown off pre-game, and then what? LBs are subpar. DL talented on paper but then what happens?