THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns @ Broncos Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Why are we analyzing the game like it matters.  The entire team is disconnected with each other.  So what the defense can't tackle and the offensive line can't protect.  We all think they can just make a few adjustments and they can win.  These are the Brown's we will find new and innovative ways to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.  Even if the defense steps up and stops Buffalo's running and passing game, the offense will sputter and cough because the the light reflecting off their receiver's shoes will blind them.  Thus allowing Buffalo to win 10 to 7.  For Pittsburgh the offense shows up and scores 37 points but then the defense doesn't and plays two-hand touch football allowing for 48 points.  The entire team shows up for Miami but with close to 680 yards of penalties Miami wins 27-14.  There is no smoking gun and there is no one point of failure.  This team is not a team but a collection of talent wearing the same outfits.  I'm a Brown's fan, there's always next year.       

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hunter33109 said:

Why are we analyzing the game like it matters.  The entire team is disconnected with each other.  So what the defense can't tackle and the offensive line can't protect.  We all think they can just make a few adjustments and they can win.  These are the Brown's we will find new and innovative ways to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.  Even if the defense steps up and stops Buffalo's running and passing game, the offense will sputter and cough because the the light reflecting off their receiver's shoes will blind them.  Thus allowing Buffalo to win 10 to 7.  For Pittsburgh the offense shows up and scores 37 points but then the defense doesn't and plays two-hand touch football allowing for 48 points.  The entire team shows up for Miami but with close to 680 yards of penalties Miami wins 27-14.  There is no smoking gun and there is no one point of failure.  This team is not a team but a collection of talent wearing the same outfits.  I'm a Brown's fan, there's always next year.       

ha ha ha i love it....so true....and so sad..

38 minutes ago, Hunter33109 said:

Why are we analyzing the game like it matters. 

That's what you do when you care too much.

All this talent, yet it seems that we don't use it properly. 

Damarious Randall gets injured so our defense just falls apart... offense has weapons, yet isn't using them to score points. It's maddening. 

16 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

We did everything fine except for score in the red zone. No turnovers, limited penalties, and won time of possession. But if you kick FG's instead of getting touchdowns, you will lose unless you have a rare defense. We most certainly don't have THAT. Ya know, I'm about sick of hearing about our defensive line. Those assholes haven't done SHIT. You know what's really funny? Myles Garrett echoed the very same sentiment that I said about him. The same message that a member here ripped me for, and that's his failure to make any meaningful plays during the game. Where are our stars? They certainly don't shine on Sunday, I know that much. 

garrett needs some help.....god i' would like to see us get that kid from osu....this kid will be another bosa....and you are right, the dl has not done shit...we were 29th against the run before yesterdays game...not sure what denver ended up with but it seemed alot...so we probably dropped yet anohter notch...

20 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

This. ALL of this. 

I never would've guessed our season would be over the first week of November. 

Dammit to heck man, now we gotta hear ALL about how our coach will be fired, our QB isn't good, OBJ is angry, and whatever else. It never ends. It literally never ends. 

And maybe it's because of how the season is going, but at no point during that game after the 1st quarter did I think we were going to win. It just felt like we, once again, had no "magic". We have nothing, ya know? No big strikes, no razzle-dazzle, no......just....ugh...never mind. It doesn't matter any more. 

i already have that same feeling this week against buffalo and the game has not even started yet.....

8 hours ago, Hunter33109 said:

The Browns have given up.  The defense, especially the back field, think this game is more like two hand touch.  I've never seen so may safeties and corners pull up on a tackle only to realize the receiver did not go down but continue for another 10 to 15 yards.  Why should the care?  These guys are already looking forward to next year and hopefully free agency and get a pass to get the hell out of Cleveland.  I wish I could point the finger at something, the coach, the qb, the defense or the offensive line but this is beyond that.  There will be no more "wait till next year" or "all we need is a ...".  It's time to realize that this team is cursed and there will no next year and the Browns are destine to be a sad side note in the NFL.  Art Modell  realized that and left Cleveland and produced a Super Bowl winner a few years later in Baltimore.  Haslam needs to realize that and relocate the team to another state, a sort of a hard reset.  Let the Browns die with two parts that tell their story, one part that entertained and won here and there and were champions and the second part that they were the laughing stock of the NFL.  St Louis is looking for a NFL team for their brand new stadium.  All Haslam has to do is wait till the contract he has with the city expires around 2023, then pack the buses and moving vans and head south-west.  Let the Browns die and let all their fans off the hook so we can move on to other teams, like the Steelers or Bengles or Buffalo...or I dare say the Ravens!!

Browns will lose out the season.  Yes even they will get beat by Miami.  0-2 against the Steelers, 0-2 against the Bengles, 1-1 against the Ravens, with loses to Buffalo, Miami and Phoenix .  It's about time for the Browns to take their rightful place in the basement of the AFC North.   

if i had a crystal ball back in 99 to see what has happened between then and now, i would have voted to not bring this franchise back.....what a total cluster fuck it has been....

7 minutes ago, browns52 said:

i already have that same feeling this week against buffalo and the game has not even started yet.....

Buffalo is the EXACT team we don't play well against. Tough, physical defense that will kill our OL. 

On the flip side, Buffalo plays a dangerous game of winning ugly. They can be beaten, but I'd never actually bet on us. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Buffalo is the EXACT team we don't play well against. Tough, physical defense that will kill our OL. 

On the flip side, Buffalo plays a dangerous game of winning ugly. They can be beaten, but I'd never actually bet on us. 

couldn't agree more....plus buffalo is right on the heels of the pats and they play them again....they played them tough the first time....they have alot to play for and yes, they can beat the browns with their defense alone...

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

sorry man but it is true, it has been a clusterfuck...if you can't see that then you are blind...alright maybe i wouln't have voted not to bring them back because i just love feeling totally depressed just about every monday....dang i would miss that....

The Browns actually made it to the playoffs in their fourth season back, not too shabby at all.

It has been - with the exception of one random season a dozen years ago - a complete dumpster fire since.  

3 hours ago, browns52 said:

sorry man but it is true, it has been a clusterfuck...if you can't see that then you are blind...alright maybe i wouln't have voted not to bring them back because i just love feeling totally depressed just about every monday....dang i would miss that....

I see all that......that is not the point.. Fuck you if you are saying that you would not have wanted a team here. 

Nothing is forcing you to be a fan, to post here, to even watch football.    You can terminate all those things if you wish.