THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns @ Broncos Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

11 minutes ago, ATOM said:

fuckity fuck fuck 

go team

This. ALL of this. 

I never would've guessed our season would be over the first week of November. 

Dammit to heck man, now we gotta hear ALL about how our coach will be fired, our QB isn't good, OBJ is angry, and whatever else. It never ends. It literally never ends. 

And maybe it's because of how the season is going, but at no point during that game after the 1st quarter did I think we were going to win. It just felt like we, once again, had no "magic". We have nothing, ya know? No big strikes, no razzle-dazzle, no......just....ugh...never mind. It doesn't matter any more. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm so confused. Perfect play call and Baker wasn't close. This is about as frustrating as it gets. That would've been a huge gain. I just don't get it. Why is everything so hard for us? 

Because we're cursed....  

1 hour ago, Babernakle said:

So that saw an illegal use of hands but missed the two holds 

and a couple facemask calls...    

23 minutes ago, browns52 said:

get that fucking kid from osu....get that fucking kid from osu....should i say it again....they won't listen to me anyway, they will probably go for another skilled wr...

Sadly- we're not going to suckquite badly enough to get him.. but then again- lose out and we're in the running.  ;(  

20 minutes ago, Orion said:

We had 21 first downs to 13.   We had the ball for ELEVEN more minutes than Denver.  - very disheartening.  

More than disheartening. A season with so much promise- shot down in flames....   

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

This. ALL of this. 

Dammit to heck man, now we gotta hear ALL about how our coach will be fired, our QB isn't good, OBJ is angry, and whatever else. It never ends. It literally never ends. 

And maybe it's because of how the season is going, but at no point during that game after the 1st quarter did I think we were going to win. It just felt like we, once again, had no "magic". We have nothing, ya know? No big strikes, no razzle-dazzle, no......just....ugh...never mind. It doesn't matter any more. 

or a punch no kind of a roundhouse for us

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not shocked. 

Then again, Ghoolie got away with nonsense like that on here for years. 

ghoolie said a lot of messed up crap but i never thought him to be a racist hating sob I had more respect for him than i do diehard

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

O.T, but a little background on myself....  

LOL, all astronomy time is UT, or GMT. Whatever time it is in Greenwich England.  I got interested in astronomy way back in 1956 with one of the very close approaches of Mars- happens about every 17 years or so. After that, read everything I could about astronomy. My second grade teacher was so impressed what I knew she took me up to the eighth graders to try and stump the little kid. They failed. Used to be able to recite the names of all the known moons of the solar system- but with vastly improved imaging, they've discovered dozens more since.  For a long time I thought I wanted to be a professional astronomer- until I figured out what the were researching at the time didn't appeal to me. Plus to get your Doctorate- only way to go- you have to be pretty crack in physics and math- two of my weaker subjects.  The stuff they're doing now looking for exoplanets would have been considered Buck Rodgers 50 years ago. Guys currently are doing astrophotograpy in their back yards that matches anything the pros were with the Palomar telescope back in the 50s.  

I still belong to our local Astronomy club. One of my bucket list items is to spend a night in Hawaii on the top of Mauna Kea. Besides knocking off  another state high point- it's also one of the primo observing sites on the planet. LOL, bring winter clothes. To get permission, you have to ask the University of Hawaii's Astronomy department first, so they know you're not just some ordinary bozo. One of our lecturers said you can actually see more stars at the junior observatory at the 10,000' level, until you fully acclimate to the altitude. 

And speaking of seeing stars- it's one of the real tragedies in my opinion that due to ever increasing light pollution, a lot of people living in big cities have never seen a really dark sky. God told Abraham- "look up in the sky, and count the stars if you can". OK God- Dayton 2019, 2-4- 8-12. Some nights even less. When I first got my house back in 1979, on a really good night I could faintly see the Milky Way from my back yard. Those days are long gone. Speaking of that- one of the finest nights ever was on a backpacking trip in the Bridger Wilderness about  80 miles southeast of Yellowstone at 10,000' elevation. I'll never forget my big city pal mentioning to me- "you know, it would be a really nice night- except for that big cloud going across the sky".  "Um Mike, that's not a cloud- it's the Milky Way".  :D 

My Parents owned a bar and restaurant ... When I was a kid.. we had a small field behind the building.. I used to stand back there at night and see the Milky way.. I miss laying in bed at night and watching the perseid  meteor showers soar by... even with a clear full moon you could see them.. And yes.. I love that were discovering at least what is for now.. Jovian bodies far outside our solar System... There's sure to be Terran bodies like our Earth or close to it out there too , And that prospect excites me... I just pray we become a Type 1 or 2 Civilization that becomes a Space faring species before we do something stupid like blow ourselves up...

It is IMO the next step in our evolution... The Earth won't be around forever..... Hopefully we learn our lesson  and prepare if we can can.. We have natural forces like Solar Flares.. Asteroid/comets.. Weakening the Van Allen Belt via Fossil fuel usage and industries pumping harmful smog into our atmosphere... It's bad enough we have natural harmful carcinogens in our terran atmosphere... I go on for hours on subjects like this.. It's a nice break from the reality TV society garbage thats spewed on TV at an alarming rate...

• Thanks 1

The post-game versions of these game day threads are sometimes like arguing whether it's the color, smell, or feel of a dog turd that makes it gross

Not knocking analysis and reflection, but eventually an extended poking and prodding of the turd by especially frustrated and angry people leaves everything smeared in 💩

Have a good night all after the venting is done 😁

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

This. ALL of this. 

Well, there's something wrong with Baker for sure.  He missed seeing two scores at least. As others have said, OBJ had his guy beat at the end of the game, earlier, ditto in the end zone on a crossing route that would have scored- Baker dumped the ball off short.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

My Parents owned a bar and restaurant ... When I was a kid.. we had a small field behind the building.. I used to stand back there at night and see the Milky way.. I miss laying in bed at night and watching the perseid  meteor showers soar by... even with a clear full moon you could see them.. And yes.. I love that were discovering at least what is for now.. Jovian bodies far outside our solar System... There's sure to be Terran bodies like our Earth or close to it out there too , And that prospect excites me... I just pray we become a Type 1 or 2 Civilization that becomes a Space faring species before we do something stupid like blow ourselves up...

It is IMO the next step in our evolution... The Earth won't be around forever..... Hopefully we learn our lesson  and prepare if we can can.. We have natural forces like Solar Flares.. Asteroid/comets.. Weakening the Van Allen Belt via Fossil fuel usage and industries pumping harmful smog into our atmosphere... It's bad enough we have natural harmful carcinogens in our terran atmosphere... I go on for hours on subjects like this.. It's a nice break from the reality TV society garbage thats spewed on TV at an alarming rate...

i really dig what you are saying but i disagree about the earth not being around for ever I believe in time it will shake us all off like fleas and move on 

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

i really dig what you are saying but i disagree about the earth not being around for ever I believe in time it will shake us all off like fleas and move on 

As the Sun dies.. So shall the earth.... And if we don't become space faring.. We will become extinct just like the Dinosaurs did...

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Because we're cursed....  

and a couple facemask calls...    

Sadly- we're not going to suckquite badly enough to get him.. but then again- lose out and we're in the running.  ;(  

More than disheartening. A season with so much promise- shot down in flames....   

I don't believe in being cursed (even though it seems that way) but this is way more than disheartening. This was a must win game and we didn't get the job done even with Denver playing their 3rd string QB. We dominated time of possession and first downs but had too many drives we didn't finish and had to settle for field goals and our defense broke down at critical  times. We should have won this game but as usual we find ways to lose games like this instead of winning them.

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Well, there's something wrong with Baker for sure.  He missed seeing two scores at least. As others have said, OBJ had his guy beat at the end of the game, earlier, ditto in the end zone on a crossing route that would have scored- Baker dumped the ball off short.  

I just don't understand it. And I promise I'm not trying to be the argumentative douche bag who comes to the board to spew venom. I'm simply frustrated that one of my favorite hobbies has turned into a shit storm again, and there's a chance it'll get WORSE. 

Baker is broken, and there's no arguing that. Look at the touchdown pass he finally got tonight. It really shouldn't have BEEN a freakin TD because the defender missed a pretty easy tackle. Baker does NOT throw the ball into paydirt effectively. He quite literally doesn't throw touchdown passes. Never any deep shots. No deep seam passes. Nothing. Nada. 

You remember that 4th and 7 Baker completed to Landry a few games ago. It was a great pass and obviously sustained a drive that I believe resulted in a FG. Anyway, it was another example of Baker missing OBJ for an easy touchdown. Go back and find that play. Might not have been against the Seahawks, but it was to Landry on 4th and 7.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Somehow this discussion about the Earth ending is actually less depressing than the Browns season is right now. 

there is no proof that the sun is dieing  now at some time the Browns fan base is could be up for discussion 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I just don't understand it. And I promise I'm not trying to be the argumentative douche bag who comes to the board to spew venom. I'm simply frustrated that one of my favorite hobbies has turned into a shit storm again, and there's a chance it'll get WORSE. 

Baker is broken, and there's no arguing that. Look at the touchdown pass he finally got tonight. It really shouldn't have BEEN a freakin TD because the defender missed a pretty easy tackle. Baker does NOT throw the ball into paydirt effectively. He quite literally doesn't throw touchdown passes. Never any deep shots. No deep seam passes. Nothing. Nada. 

You remember that 4th and 7 Baker completed to Landry a few games ago. It was a great pass and obviously sustained a drive that I believe resulted in a FG. Anyway, it was another example of Baker missing OBJ for an easy touchdown. Go back and find that play. Might not have been against the Seahawks, but it was to Landry on 4th and 7.

Maybe Beckham slept with Bakers wife and hes pissed.. Sorry.. I know thats a sick joke..

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

OBJ with 1on1 coverage=OBJ should probably be targeted.

Just going by the looks of how dominant he is when the ball actually goes his way. Baker doesn’t get it yet.. maybe that OTA stuff really did caused this lack of chemistry...

9 minutes ago, ATOM said:

Forever is a long long time Atom. And we're here because the sun is doing it's job turning hydrogen into helium. Einstein's E=MC2.  It doesn't take turning much matter into energy to create a lot of it. The sun is essentially a controlled hydrogen bomb.  FWIW, the amount of matter turned into energy when a atom bomb goes off is a fraction of an ounce.  Yeah, that's a little bit of a digression, but the amount of hydrogen our sun has is finite, and when it uses it up- goodbye earth. The sun is going to go on expansion diet to keep up, just like plenty of other stars we already know about. Earth may wind up as a cinder inside it- there's giant stars we know about that a lot of our solar system up to Saturn would be inside it.  The good news is that's billions of years in the future that we're not going to have to worry about. 

As to Nickers us being a space faring populace- I hope so. The last thing to figure out will be how to break the "light barrier" shades of Star Trek and Star Wars. As back in the 40s trying to break the sound barrier- it seems that the speed of light- 186,000 miles per second- is the speed limit of this universe. And currently we're snails on that scale getting anywhere close to that speed. & Why if we ever get close? Because of another of Einstein's strokes of genius- space and time are linked. The faster you go, the closer time gets to zero. If Albert is right- if you ever break the light barrier- time will start going backwards. Now how's that for a thought to get your mind of a Browns loss?  

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Forever is a long long time Atom. And we're here because the sun is doing it's job turning hydrogen into helium. Einstein's E=MC2.  It doesn't take turning much matter into energy to create a lot of it. The sun is essentially a controlled hydrogen bomb.  FWIW, the amount of matter turned into energy when a atom bomb goes off is a fraction of an ounce.  Yeah, that's a little bit of a digression, but the amount of hydrogen our sun has is finite, and when it uses it up- goodbye earth. The sun is going to go on expansion diet to keep up, just like plenty of other stars we already know about. Earth may wind up as a cinder inside it- there's giant stars we know about that a lot of our solar system up to Saturn would be inside it.  The good news is that's billions of years in the future that we're not going to have to worry about. 

As to Nickers us being a space faring populace- I hope so. The last thing to figure out will be how to break the "light barrier" shades of Star Trek and Star Wars. As back in the 40s trying to break the sound barrier- it seems that the speed of light- 186,000 miles per second- is the speed limit of this universe. And currently we're snails on that scale getting anywhere close to that speed. & Why if we ever get close? Because of another of Einstein's strokes of genius- space and time are linked. The faster you go, the closer time gets to zero. If Albert is right- if you ever break the light barrier- time will start going backwards. Now how's that for a thought to get your mind of a Browns loss?  

so your saying there is a chance The Browns win a Super Bowl before the lights turn out ?

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Precisely Larry!..

Just now, ATOM said:

so your saying there is a chance The Browns win a Super Bowl before the lights turn out ?

To put it in in an astronomic perspective, the odds of the Browns making the playoffs now is about the same as the earth getting hit by a major earth targeting asteroid in the same time frame....  

In a billion or so years- anything is possible.  

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

To put it in in an astronomic perspective, the odds of the Browns making the playoffs now is about the same as the earth getting hit by a major earth targeting asteroid in the same time frame....  

In a billion or so years- anything is possible.  

well some day hopefully we will make it 

but my point was that humanity will be the end of earth as we know it and the planet will move on sorry i misunderstood what you were saying