THE BROWNS BOARD

Instead of Bashing Trump

Axe

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Gus Hall died 20 years ago. Who do you think would be a good choice today? ☺️

WSS

speaking of gus hall, Tiamsies should just go ask John Brennan who to vote for.

John Brennan’s President… Remembering Comrade Gus Hall ...

https://spectator.org/john-brennans-president-remembering-comrade-gus-hall

Mar 30, 2018 · The reader graciously remembered my piece for The American Spectator in September 2016 in which I noted that the same Mr. John Brennan had supported Mr. Gus Hall for POTUS back in the Brezhnev era....

Remembering Communist Gus Hall -- John Brennan's Heroic ...

https://www.accredited-times.com/2018/03/30/remembering-communist-gus-hall-john...

Mar 30, 2018 · Brennan admitted to voting for Communist Party candidate Gus Hall, who ran for President on the Communist Party ticket in 1972, 1976, 1980, and 1984. Brennan made a wise choice. Hall, who sadly went to atheist heaven in 2000, long championed progressive Marxist-Leninism.

Author: Black Lives Matter

6 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Reagan 1980, Reagan 1984, Bush 1988, Bush 1992, Dole 1996, Bush 2000, Bush 2004, Obama 2008, Romney 2012, Trump 2016.   2020  Undecided.

seriously you didnt vote McCain?  was it because of Sarah Palin?

anyways that was my voting record - I wasnt 18 yet for the 1976 election that gave us Carter - I wouldve voted for Ford also

SCREW the democrats...

Personally I'm not a fan of third-party candidates. I realize some people feel that it makes them hip or independent or they are making some sort of statement or maybe just a protest vote but just think about it, if this person doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning you were taking votes away from the one of the two remaining candidates whose policies would be similar and guaranteeing yourself the winner will be the one you hate the worst of the three.

WSS

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Palin turned me against McCain.  I didn't vote in 1976 although I could have, I was stationed on a ship out of Japan and really didn't even think about it.

The last Democrat I supported was Paul Tsongas. That being said the president of the United States is never responsible for my happiness or unhappiness and has very little effect on my day-to-day life. Maybe the last time it truly mattered is when there was still a military draft. But if I may quote sergeant Hulka "Son there ain't no draft no more."

WSS

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Palin turned me against McCain.  I didn't vote in 1976 although I could have, I was stationed on a ship out of Japan and really didn't even think about it.

Glad to see you are still on the Browns Board. I voted for McCain as the lesser of two evils 08. In 76 I our ship was on a Westpac tour and home ported in the Philippines. Growing up in a liberal democrat family I brainwashedly voted for Jimmy Carter then spent the next 4 years regretting the decision. I voted for Reagan in 80 and became a real conservative since that time. At first I agreed with conservatives on social issues such as being pro life and later I saw conservatives were right on the economic issues. 

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Any wild-eyed Trump hating psychopath is more than free to post whatever they want here. You, my friend, are living proof of that. And I'm not sure what you mean by Propaganda? If any of you guys think of a list of things that would make the country better if the Democrats would only do them let's hear it. Start singing the praises of Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden. Guess why that doesn't happen? Not because anybody's restricting it and not because this is a Trump propaganda board.

WSS

LOL! Nothing like taking a side as a mod. That being said I always take into account that 99% of the time you're very fair. But you proved my point that you can't post even something relatively reasonable here like the post you responded with that to without a gangbang getting started. So why would anyone with another opinion want to come here and post a different opinion?

Trump propaganda is always taking the side of Trump and using nothing but biased sources to prove how great he is and how despicable everyone else is who has ever had a negative thing to say about him (or testified about his wrongdoing) or who has quit his administration because they think he is unfit for the office. So yes, this forum is an extension of Foxnews and all the other right wingnut conspiracy theory based websites get linked daily. That evolved because of how people who don't like Trump get treated here. So they just stay away. I'm sure you are aware of it because it's been mentioned by several on the football forum.

And before anyone piles on about my sources used, they have been from the whole spectrum ranging from MSNBC to Fox and Newsmax in between, which I like because they do a good job of trying to have truthful articles from all sides even though they are a very conservative organization.

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! Nothing like taking a side as a mod. That being said I always take into account that 99% of the time you're very fair. But you proved my point that you can't post even something relatively reasonable here like the post you responded with that to without a gangbang getting started. So why would anyone with another opinion want to come here and post a different opinion?

Trump propaganda is always taking the side of Trump and using nothing but biased sources to prove how great he is and how despicable everyone else is who has ever had a negative thing to say about him (or testified about his wrongdoing) or who has quit his administration because they think he is unfit for the office. So yes, this forum is an extension of Foxnews and all the other right wingnut conspiracy theory based websites get linked daily. That evolved because of how people who don't like Trump get treated here. So they just stay away. I'm sure you are aware of it because it's been mentioned by several on the football forum.

And before anyone piles on about my sources used, they have been from the whole spectrum ranging from MSNBC to Fox and Newsmax in between, which I like because they do a good job of trying to have truthful articles from all sides even though they are a very conservative organization.

Taking sides isn't part of my job as a moderator. I've made it extremely clear I consider myself a moderate conservative. Leaning harder right to financial issues and slightly left on social issues. Republicans with the help of the Democrats have disappointed me on the former.

I haven't treated you or any of the guys on strike unfairly.

Nothing says that I have to be completely middle of the road and no one is.

Face the facts each and every political post is propaganda in one way or another. I pretty clear about the things I don't like about Trump, the things I do like about Trump and the stuff that I don't care about one way or the other.

WSS

I know what looks like "identity politics" when you vote one party almost exclusively... but that term describes todays uninformed voters

but this post is correctly asking dems to give a reason why I should vote for them .... and it has been crickets 

I didnt vote Obama either  because I thought there were MANY other capable people that were trampled over on King Obamas rise to worship level status 

There are two sides to a coin Tex. If you want to say those like me are rabid Trump supporters who believe everything we hear on right wing news to support Trump then anyone who reads your posts can clearly see you have TDS and believe every Trump hating MSM story as the truth and the only truth.  

Speaking for myself I support Trump because of his policies and the good things he has done for the country that you will not acknowledge because of your hatred of Trump.I would also note that those I liked better in 2016 such as Cruz and Huckabee are today big Trump supporters probably due to the same reason as me.

• Thanks 1

OBF I'm supportive slightly of the Christian agenda. I think Ted Cruz is extremely bright, problem is he's just funny looking which is an unfortunate part of the election process. I liked Mike Huckabee and thought he would have been a great candidate.

My personal favorite Republican has always been Newt Gingrich.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

OBF I'm supportive slightly of the Christian agenda. I think Ted Cruz is extremely bright, problem is he's just funny looking which is an unfortunate part of the election process. I liked Mike Huckabee and thought he would have been a great candidate.

My personal favorite Republican has always been Newt Gingrich.

WSS

I heard that about Cruz even from some Christians. "He is funny looking..I just don't like how he looks..etc"..which stunned me because Christians of all people should try to look more at what is going on inside a person and not judging from outward appearances. After Cruz, Huckabee was my personal favorite although I like Newt as well. Newt also has been very supportive of Trump.

10 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There are two sides to a coin Tex. If you want to say those like me are rabid Trump supporters who believe everything we hear on right wing news to support Trump then anyone who reads your posts can clearly see you have TDS and believe every Trump hating MSM story as the truth and the only truth.  

Speaking for myself I support Trump because of his policies and the good things he has done for the country that you will not acknowledge because of your hatred of Trump.I would also note that those I liked better in 2016 such as Cruz and Huckabee are today big Trump supporters probably due to the same reason as me.

Actually I think you are the most reasonable poster on here OBF. No complaints here for sure.🤩

16 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Taking sides isn't part of my job as a moderator. I've made it extremely clear I consider myself a moderate conservative. Leaning harder right to financial issues and slightly left on social issues. Republicans with the help of the Democrats have disappointed me on the former.

I haven't treated you or any of the guys on strike unfairly.

Nothing says that I have to be completely middle of the road and no one is.

Face the facts each and every political post is propaganda in one way or another. I pretty clear about the things I don't like about Trump, the things I do like about Trump and the stuff that I don't care about one way or the other.

WSS

Like I said 99% of the time more than fair. And quite honestly I would take you up on that beer if I didn't have some very serious health issues that just came to light with that hospital stay (not alcoholism LOL!) and as strange as it may sound I would take cal up on his root beer offer even though I'd go with a Sprite just to be ornery. You're welcome to join if I ever make it up that way.

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I heard that about Cruz even from some Christians. "He is funny looking..I just don't like how he looks..etc"..which stunned me because Christians of all people should try to look more at what is going on inside a person and not judging from outward appearances. After Cruz, Huckabee was my personal favorite although I like Newt as well. Newt also has been very supportive of Trump.

Here is the irony about Cruz. Guess which Republican publicly gave Trump a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. 

Here are the two choices.

1. Cruz

2. Not Cruz

Gold medal for the right answer.🥇😁

Tex I won't judge Trump and say he is not a Christian but I agree some of the things he says are some red flags. Even Huckabee will tell you Trump is not an evangelical Christian. Is he a Christian at all? That is between him and God. As a Christian I support Trump not because I see him as any kind of a Christian role model but he supports the things I support. He has been the most pro life president sine Roe and he is constantly coming down on the side of religious freedom. He campaigned and sought out the evangelical Christian voters saying he would support the things we support and he has kept that campaign promise. That said I would never vote for him to be a pastor...but he is my president and I thank God today that he is and not Hillary Clinton.

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Here is the irony about Cruz. Guess which Republican publicly gave Trump a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. 

Here are the two choices.

1. Cruz

2. Not Cruz

Gold medal for the right answer.🥇😁

I remember it well when Cruz said it. I was mad also at Trump and Fox news at the time because Trump was talking about Cruz's father and Cruz's father possibly being involved in the Kennedy assassination. A truly nutty conspiracy theory that Fox let him speak about without challenging him. That was when Cruz had enough and called Trump a narcissistic liar. 

I give credit for Cruz today though for putting the interests of the country first and supporting Trump. He could have joined the Never Trump camp but Trump is doing many of the things Cruz would be doing if he were president so he is standing with Trump and not being petty and vindictive.

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Tex I won't judge Trump and say he is not a Christian but I agree some of the things he says are some red flags. Even Huckabee will tell you Trump is not an evangelical Christian. Is he a Christian at all? That is between him and God. As a Christian I support Trump not because I see him as any kind of a Christian role model but he supports the things I support. He has been the most pro life president sine Roe and he is constantly coming down on the side of religious freedom. He campaigned and sought out the evangelical Christian voters saying he would support the things we support and he has kept that campaign promise. That said I would never vote for him to be a pastor...but he is my president and I thank God today that he is and not Hillary Clinton.

As I said before I get get that OBF. And the main reason I do not support him at all is the the evidence from his 2 hour secret meeting with Putin and his subsequent statements in Helsinki throwing his entire Intel community under the bus in favor of Putin got me convinced he is compromised. His subsequent knife in the back of the Kurds while abandoning our position to what Putin & the Turks wanted further solidified that belief. National defense has always been my highest priority and just about everything he has done to tear apart alliances and agencies which protect us is the primary reason behind my distrust of him. His pathological lying/narcissism is only secondary to that position.

LOL also as a Cruz supporter that was when in the GOP primary Cruz being the last man standing (Kasich was irrelevant) he had to win Indiana and who did Trump have campaigning for him in Indiana: None other than Bobby Knight, Lou Holtz and Digger Phelps.....Cruz would never have won Indiana...no way

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I remember it well when Cruz said it. I was mad also at Trump and Fox news at the time because Trump was talking about Cruz's father and Cruz's father possibly being involved in the Kennedy assassination. A truly nutty conspiracy theory that Fox let him speak about without challenging him. That was when Cruz had enough and called Trump a narcissistic liar. 

I give credit for Cruz today though for putting the interests of the country first and supporting Trump. He could have joined the Never Trump camp but Trump is doing many of the things Cruz would be doing if he were president so he is standing with Trump and not being petty and vindictive.

And I give him no credit for backpeddling. He did so because he was in a tight race with Beto and feared Trump's base would do him in. He was accurate to think that and he was just saving his own skin. That is a fact as folks here like to say. He would have lost had he not turned tail and eaten that shit, something no self respecting person would ever do. 

OH, and throw in Trump's despicable comments about Cruz's ugly wife. Did you forget that was a part of it too?

I vote for Cornyn when he's up, but never Cruz. He's a squirmy little toad.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I give him no credit for backpeddling. He did so because he was in a tight race with Beto and feared Trump's base would do him in. He was accurate to think that and he was just saving his own skin. That is a fact as folks here like to say. He would have lost had he not turned tail and eaten that shit, something no self respecting person would ever do. 

OH, and throw in Trump's despicable comments about Cruz's ugly wife. Did you forget that was a part of it too?

But how do you sleep at night after having voted for Beto? 😊

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Gus Hall died 20 years ago. Who do you think would be a good choice today? ☺️

WSS

At this point, I'll listen to anyone who isn't shouting about intetsectional feminism or ranting about walls and further government overreach.   Sadly, this narrows down the field a great deal.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Also Tex someone in the Cruz campaign had put out a photo of Trump's wife when she was a model that was a cheap shot and Trump in typical Trump fashion made his comment about Cruz's wife being ugly...I fault Trump for saying what he said but it was not an unprovoked attack.

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

But how do you sleep at night after having voted for Beto? 😊

Oh I knew Beto would not win on my little protest vote, so I sleep just fine thank you. 😴  

Beto's crazy as a hoot owl, but he doesn't eat shit from Trump.💩

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Oh I knew Beto would not win on my little protest vote, so I sleep just fine thank you. 😴  

Beto's crazy as a hoot owl, but he doesn't eat shit from Trump.💩

He eats dirt though..for "regenerative" powers

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/beto-orourke-ate-dirt-after-losing-to-ted-cruz

20 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As I said before I get get that OBF. And the main reason I do not support him at all is the the evidence from his 2 hour secret meeting with Putin and his subsequent statements in Helsinki throwing his entire Intel community under the bus in favor of Putin got me convinced he is compromised. His subsequent knife in the back of the Kurds while abandoning our position to what Putin & the Turks wanted further solidified that belief. National defense has always been my highest priority and just about everything he has done to tear apart alliances and agencies which protect us is the primary reason behind my distrust of him. His pathological lying/narcissism is only secondary to that position.

China is our biggest threat and former administrations sold this country out to China with terrible trade deals.  I don't believe for a second China would have given Hunter Biden that 1.5 billion deal except Hunter was travelling along with his dad and getting these deals because they were influence peddling..there was no reason at all China would have given Hunter Biden the 1.5 billion deal. I cannot believe you will not give Trump credit for what he is doing to try to fix the terrible trade agreements we have made with China that has turned them into a mfg giant at the expense of mfg in our own country. 

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

LOL! Was it blessed by a Zuni priest? I'd do it. That tribe survived Coronado by bunkering in on the top of their sacred flattop mountain. My son got honored by them after he and the head coach brought Zuni their first district football championship and win over the Shiprock Navajo HS in over 30 years. They were taken to the top of the sacred mountain (only tribal members allowed there) and blessed by the tribe.

15 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

At this point, I'll listen to anyone who isn't shouting about intetsectional feminism or ranting about walls and further government overreach.   Sadly, this narrows down the field a great deal.

Actually that would just about lock the door and turn out the lights.

btw I met Gus back in the 70s and he was a very nice man.

WSS

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! Was it blessed by a Zuni priest? I'd do it. That tribe survived Coronado by bunkering in on the top of their sacred flattop mountain. My son got honored by them after he and the head coach brought Zuni their first district football championship and win over the Shiprock Navajo HS in over 30 years. They were taken to the top of the sacred mountain (only tribal members allowed there) and blessed by the tribe.

If it was it didn't work for Beto

https://nypost.com/2019/11/02/trump-beto-orourke-quit-like-a-dog-in-dropping-out-of-presidential-race/

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

China is our biggest threat and former administrations sold this country out to China with terrible trade deals.  I don't believe for a second China would have given Hunter Biden that 1.5 billion deal except Hunter was travelling along with his dad and getting these deals because they were influence peddling..there was no reason at all China would have given Hunter Biden the 1.5 billion deal. I cannot believe you will not give Trump credit for what he is doing to try to fix the terrible trade agreements we have made with China that has turned them into a mfg giant at the expense of mfg in our own country. 

A for effort. But I'll await the final "deal" before I award any A+. It does not balance out "Putin compromised" for me though. Major destruction to our alliances & protective agencies that make us vulnerable to both Russia and China.