THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

James Harrison never did anything close, ever and the steelers weren't "trying to score" as  they ran one damn play. They weren't burning timeouts. Garrett didn't need to take Rudolph to the ground and what Garrett did is the dirtiest thing I've seen in professional sports. Period.

Fuck off. Harrison nearly killed at least three of our players with blindside hits. Mason got booped on the nose and he started that fight. What Damarious Randall did might have legit killed that guy. But that gets excused as a football play. Garrett shouldn't have taken the bait and that's on him but Mason Rudolph had an ass whipping coming. He's probably lucky as fuck Marquis pouncey was there to babysit him. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Garrett had Rudolph in a bear hug- and didn't let go. MHO? As dirty as anything Vontaze Burfect ever did.

If that's your honest opinion, please lie...

MG's initial take down was as gentle as it could be... it was practically in slow motion and it protected both players.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I thought Baker Mayfield showed a lot of maturity,  wisdom and leadership in his interview directly after the game with his comments about what Garrett did being inexcusable and hurting the team. We just had a big win over the Steelers coming after a big win over the Bills. We should be celebrating now and moving forward but all anyone is going to talk about is what Garrett did with 8 seconds left in a game we had already won. Now more than ever the team is going to need leadership. Mayfield has taken the first step with his comments and Garrett himself has taken responsibility for his actions and apologized for them. What Garrett did is in the rear view mirror now and today is the first day  of the rest of the season for the Browns. Next up the Dolphins. The Browns can overcome this and move forward but it is going to take leadership. 

Man, I totally agree and that's an understatement. I was blown away by Baker's brutal honesty, especially so soon after the incident....... Too bad a lot of fans are so homeristic that they can't see what a selfish act it was. 

I'm guessing when those people's kids get a D on their test, they immediately blame the teacher and take little Johnny out for some ice cream.

9 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I didn't say I condone Myles' actions. He snapped, like a lot of us would in that situation. I just think it's funny that you all are gonna let Rudolph play the victim... that's what is wrong with the world today. Myles fucked up, period. But he was provoked. He should be suspended for 3 games.

3 hours ago, bbedward said:

6 games and a hefty fine sounds about right to me, it sucks losing him but can't argue with whatever punishment the NFL hands down.

A 6 game suspension is automatically a "healthy fine".

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Could this be anymore Browns?

Garrett is a POS.  Defensive player of the year, LOL.  Maybe try to be effective for 16 games for fucks sake.

I seldom say this, but .... fuck you.

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He's going to get more than 6 games. It's not the first time this season. Punched delanie walker, took out Trevor Simeon on a late hit and this one. Burfict got repeat offender treatment but he never did anything as bad as what happened last night. It was full blown assault and Mason trying to pull his helmet off isn't justification for it. Emotions run high, I certainly understand that especially in a division game where the Browns had to win. You never drag a dude by his helmet, rip the shit off and then try to knock him unconscious with it. Frankly Garrett is lucky he didn't really hurt Rudolph.

I'm just glad there are some here taking it seriously. It's the people I expect to take it seriously though so I'm not surprised. Garrett never should have taken Mason to the ground in the first place, play call or not. The game is over and Garrett went for extra. Period.

If Mason were tom brady they may have dropped an air strike on Garrett. 

Since the dam already broke... Fuck you, too...

Open handed slap equals punch?

As for Siemian...

Yeah.... fuck you...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Dammit - absolutely true. btw, the pittspuke defender pulled sissy mason's helmet off - Garrett just had a hold of it. At that angle, sissy mason could have broken Garrett's neck....

Gtfo. Helmet to helmet hits are one thing, dragging a qb by his head a few feet and then clubbing him with his own helmet is on another level you deluded **MASK**.

and brown was just trying to make a play, it wasn’t like “oh I’m going to karate kid this dude in the face” 

They aren’t close to the same and you have to be a serious dumb ass to think different. You should just be glad Ben is sidelined for the year or you would have gotten throttled on the scoreboard too.

How hard would I have to search to find your praising of Rudolph?

Fuck you....again...

James Harrison never did anything close, ever and the steelers weren't "trying to score" as  they ran one damn play. They weren't burning timeouts. Garrett didn't need to take Rudolph to the ground and what Garrett did is the dirtiest thing I've seen in professional sports. Period.

You are fortunate that Tomlin's decision to call a play instead of taking a knee did not result in a serious injury to Rudolph.  And it is a fact that because Garrett's actions were provoked and because Rudolph suffered no injury whatsoever that will mitigate any punishment that is meted out. 

On the other hand, I have heard that some Steeler fans would not be all that upset about having the other guy on your roster, (forget his name)  be the starter for them.   Where do you fall in that regard.

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

What has garret done for us? Game changing plays? Turnovers? D scores? Yes he’s been disruptive but that gets balanced by penaltys.  I haven’t seen his value yet. Coach don’t help any either. 

His value is with teams starting their gameplan to account for his presence and ending the discussion with “find Myles Garrett”.  Maybe pose this question to the 10 offensive coordinators that the Browns played.  

3 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Ok now that this has had a night to settle here is my break down.  One yes the hit was a little late, but he pulled him down slow nothing hard.  They mason gets mad cause he has thrown 4 picks and lost the game try’s to pulls his helmet off.  So as is always goes Garrett grabs his and yanks it off.  At this point it would have been penalties and been done.  Then mason kicks Garrett In The dick and de Castro grabs Garrett and pulls him off.  At this point the fight is done, but then mason re-engages Garrett and he swings.  Yeah I feel is was bad and stupid but not the worst I’ve seen two game is fair.  But the pouncy comes and in and throw 6 punches and kicks him while he’s on the ground.  They all need two games and move on 

This is pretty much excellent appraisal. mason was a punk. Garrett could easily have hurt him on the sack.

Proud for my boy Miles. STR we have had countless Steelers like Harrison and Polamalu head hunt our QBs and defenseless WR and straight up laugh about it. The NFL has let that shit happen for 20 years. Finally someone stands up for the team. This should warn them that we ain't taking their shit anymore. How cares if his suspended the season was lost anyways. Also wasn't Miles suppose to be some mild mannered Zumba instructor?

He's going to get more than 6 games. It's not the first time this season. Punched delanie walker, took out Trevor Simeon on a late hit and this one. Burfict got repeat offender treatment but he never did anything as bad as what happened last night. It was full blown assault and Mason trying to pull his helmet off isn't justification for it. Emotions run high, I certainly understand that especially in a division game where the Browns had to win. You never drag a dude by his helmet, rip the shit off and then try to knock him unconscious with it. Frankly Garrett is lucky he didn't really hurt Rudolph.

I'm just glad there are some here taking it seriously. It's the people I expect to take it seriously though so I'm not surprised. Garrett never should have taken Mason to the ground in the first place, play call or not. The game is over and Garrett went for extra. Period.

If Mason were tom brady they may have dropped an air strike on Garrett. 

I have no clue how many games Garrett may miss so I won't hazard a guess other than to say I am confident it will be multiple games. He did swing or punch walker but Simeon foul I think was not for a late hit but for driving the QB into the ground and it was Siemens foot that got caught under him it was nothing malicious. And not matter what you think, Mason did try to pull Garretts helmet off, Garrett just wouldn't go bonkers for no reason. That doesn't excuse what he did, it was stupid and uncalled for no matter what anyone did. But Rudolph is far from blameless.

Watch the play again. Rudolph's glove is stuck in some part of Garrett's helmet. I'm sure he was pissed to be taken down but he was also trying to get his hand unstuck. Emotions run high for all of us so it looks malicious but there are Browns fans on my board saying the same thing. Rudolph had his hand stuck. Garrett is going to get more than 6 dude unless they take the "rest of the season" approach as enough. It was assault.

His hand wasn't "stuck".....it was in there trying to stick his fingers into Garrett's eyes.   Only a biased moron can't see that.  And then he tried to rip Garrett's helmet off and kick him in the balls.  The video shows all that. 

But, no that does not provide a complete excuse for Garrett's apparent overreaction.  He should not have hit him with the helmet's foam pads, when Rudolph went after him again unhelmeted.  He should have just punched him in the face and bloodied his nose.  That would have actually been a far worse injury than he actually suffered. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mohican said:

Rudolph and the steelers linemen in the scrum should get the exact same suspensions as Garret.  Piling on and kicking and punching Garret while he was held down?  When the two linemen had Garret, Rudolph could have walked away and didn't.   

yep. and again, sissy mason's helmet only came off because Garrett was bear hugged by the squealers and dragged him backwards.

If the squealers had one honest player on the team, they would have restrained sissy mason instead. LOL

I don't think anyone condones Myles' behavior, but cmon.

Vagitron, this whole "Mason Rudolph is the Victim" thing is bullshit. You have to be blind not to see it.

Suspend Myles and Rudolph for the same amount of games.

Suspend Pouncey and Larry OG for the same amount of games.

Freddie, Myles, And Rudolph all said that, "words were exchanged". What about those words?

Keyshawn Johnson want to do hypotheticals about "what if Rudolph was seriously hurt", well what if Rudolph called Myles a racial slur while he kicked him in the nuts? what if he said something about his kids, wife, or family. We don't know that and it's fairly probable.

The Steelers did this because they were beat and sore losers. They baited the heck out of Myles. If another dude is saying horrible stuff to you, twisting your facemask to the side, and kicking you in the balls, you retaliate if you can't get away.

Rudolph still proceeded to talk shit. Decastro was the biggest man in the situation trying to diffuse it. He acted with class trying to get Myles and Rudolph separated, but Rudolph CHARGED Myles to talk more shit and that's when Myles saw red and hit him. It was a horrible situation, and no one can defend it. But no one should make excuses for Rudolph like he's a victim that got his hand caught in big bad Myles Garrett's facemask. He's a punk, a pretty little egotistical punk, and he wanted a fight.

When the fight actually happened he cried wolf. I don't believe for a second Myles hit him as hard as he could as people are saying.

Bottom line is they both engaged in punk ass behavior. Even if Rudolph called Myles a racial slur it's uncalled for. But looking at the whole situation, you can see Rudolph did his best for a reaction and then to play the victim.

Suspend Myles for the rest of the season if you must, but suspend Rudolph with him. He started it, continued talking shit, and charged him after all.

And shame on the league for Pouncey's "I saw red and blacked out and don't remember what happened" defense. They say good on Pouncey for protecting him, but pouncey punched Garrett and kicked him in the head. He didn't protect anyone, he assaulted as much as Garrett did. Descastro really protected both of them by stopping the fight.

And for Larry, good for him. Mason called him a "b@#$%" when he pushed him down if you look at the tape.

Looks like evidence there mr. punk QB was looking to start shit.

Just wished Myles could've been a better man.

• Thanks 1

cheapshot harrison took out qb's knees etc. Deliberately put em on ir. It's best to just be quiet when you can't muster one honest intelligent opinion since you've been here.

Gtfo. Helmet to helmet hits are one thing, dragging a qb by his head a few feet and then clubbing him with his own helmet is on another level you deluded **MASK**.

and brown was just trying to make a play, it wasn’t like “oh I’m going to karate kid this dude in the face” 

They aren’t close to the same and you have to be a serious dumb ass to think different. You should just be glad Ben is sidelined for the year or you would have gotten throttled on the scoreboard too.

The optics of what Garrett did seemed worse.  But Rudolph really just got contacted by the pads inside the helmet.  The actual harm to other players by Harrison was far far worse than the harm done by Garrett's actions.   If we are comparing actual "victim impact"....what Harrison did....what Burfict did to the Steeler player in that playoff game were actually far, far worse.   Again...Optics, not substance.

Why did you just quote part of my post?  Here is what I wrote: "Myles is gone for the year, and should be! 

Rudolph's protectors totally sucked and he Rudolph is not innocent. Also where were the other Brown's players to break things up. 

I agree, the product on the field is the product on the field. However two concussions for helmet to helmet hits on two of our starting receivers and then the Garrett bs. All I'm saying is people should probably not be walking around puffing the chest out. Lol

And, even with all that...it comes nowhere near matching all the dirty shit pulled on the Browns by the Steelers over the years.

I guess payback is a bitch, isn't it?

23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

A lot of you are acting just like the Steelers fans you hate. 

Just sayin

Man, imagine if the players were reversed....... Baker instead of Mason, ect, ect, ect.....

Imagine the F U C K I N G crying that would be absolutely rampant throughout this forum. There wouldn't be ONE dude saying that Baker not only deserved it, but should also be suspended too........ NOT ONE MUTHER FUCKING DUDE. 

At the end of the day, Myles hurt his team and there should not be one true FAN that is proud of, or defends that. 

This post is laughable. Do we need to post clips of Harrison launching himself with the crown of helmet to Colt McCoys chin or Mohammed Masaqua will running at full speed? Far worse outcomes then what happened to Rudolph. And if the Steelers weren't trying to score they should have just ran the ball or took a knee.

16 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Proud for my boy Miles. STR we have had countless Steelers like Harrison and Polamalu head hunt our QBs and defenseless WR and straight up laugh about it. The NFL has let that shit happen for 20 years. Finally someone stands up for the team. This should warn them that we ain't taking their shit anymore. How cares if his suspended the season was lost anyways. Also wasn't Miles suppose to be some mild mannered Zumba instructor?

And here you are Channelling Ghoolie who originally called Garrett just a Zumba instructor.  Maybe he would have made a different assessment of him now. 

And, you are right....some on here are OH SO concerned about what retaliation the Steelers may try to get in the game in 2 weeks.  The answer is: what they will do is to receiver another ass kicking overall.  Yea, hopefully no weird optic fights will happen,  but the Browns are bigger, badder, tougher than the Steelers.  Garrett being in their will not change that.   The only thing that can affect that is  Freddie and some of his bizarre game schemes and play calling.

9 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Imagine the F U C K I N G crying that would be absolutely rampant throughout this forum. There wouldn't be ONE dude saying that Baker not only deserved it, but should also be suspended too........ NOT ONE MUTHER FUCKING DUDE.

If Baker would’ve been dumb enough to try and rip off a Myles Garrett’s helmet off? 
And charge the dude after he already lost his helmet? 
Rudolph pleaded to the ref so quickly after being “assaulted” that it’s almost like he:

a) wasn’t hurt at all

b) was provoking the whole ordeal

Steelers won in the end, Myles done for the season. 

4 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

This post is laughable. Do we need to post clips of Harrison launching himself with the crown of helmet to Colt McCoys chin or Mohammed Masaqua will running at full speed? Far worse outcomes then what happened to Rudolph. And if the Steelers weren't trying to score they should have just ran the ball or took a knee.

Garrett used his helmet as a weapon but yea "far worse" fucking idiot. 

Suspended indefinitely FYI. 

Watch the play again. Rudolph's glove is stuck in some part of Garrett's helmet. I'm sure he was pissed to be taken down but he was also trying to get his hand unstuck. Emotions run high for all of us so it looks malicious but there are Browns fans on my board saying the same thing. Rudolph had his hand stuck. Garrett is going to get more than 6 dude unless they take the "rest of the season" approach as enough. It was assault.

and what was sissy mason's hand doing inside of Garrett's helmet? hello? idiot. What, you lost money on the game? you can't be honest about anything - you're a squealer kneeler. and, before getting boinked with his own helmet (after trying to rip off Garrett's helmet), sissy mason attacked Garrett a second time, after kicking him in the groin at least once the first time, he threw a left hand at Garrett's throat, while Garrett was being restrained by a squealer, who was happy to let mason punch him in the face. Except, "BOINK".

Actually, I think that mason wanted to scratch Garrett on the face like a possessed little girly man. I say, when you are attacked, you have a right to defend yourself - but I would have dropped the helmet. you squealers don't get to start crap, then play the "victim". your team got embarrassed hugely, sucker. What a great win marred by the fight your sissy qb started. boo hoo.