THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie fired

7moses7

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

if this team was in a rebuild and Freddie could grow into the job, he deserved year two. This team going into next year is way too talented for that to be true though. Most importantly though, Kitchens just didn’t get it. This game today he was still making the  same mistakes from week one.

Ron Rivera checks off every box for me, I really hope they can lure him in for a look.

Rivera is interviewing f or the washington job

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

if this team was in a rebuild and Freddie could grow into the job, he deserved year two. This team going into next year is way too talented for that to be true though. Most importantly though, Kitchens just didn’t get it. This game today he was still making the  same mistakes from week one.

Ron Rivera checks off every box for me, I really hope they can lure him in for a look.

Freddie didn't deserve the job to begin with.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The best part about this we lose the entire staff.

Secondary coach...D coordinator...Monken...QB coach I know I’m missing 10 others 

Yeah, but I want Dorsey gone too. That idiot is worthless, I'm telling you. Austin Corbett AND Chad Thomas? He got lucky with Chubb because he had an extra 2nd rounder, but Jesus. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The fact that it happened tonight says that they already have their next former Browns head coach in mind.

Appreciate the subtle ness of that.

but tend to agree with the general sentiment. This move seems like they have a guy in mind and wanted to make the job available absolutely ASAP. That or they though Freddie was going to steal footballs on the way out.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, D Bone said:

The closer I get to Black Monday, the more I fear Freddie will remain in charge of the Browns. I foresee a press conference talking about stability and how the Fat Man made some mistakes but has grown as a coach, followed by more yada, yada, yada

I then foresee me not caring about the off season and only posting here - mostly in pink font, after we are once again anointed "The very bestest drafters in the history of drafting" after our next draft day domination.

Then word will come out how hard Baker and OBJ are working together in SoCal, which when combined with the 6 future HoFs that we drafted will spark post after positive post about how the up coming season is going to finally be our year

^ Hmmmmm, after proof reading all of that, where have I seen this movie before?? 

Happy New Year everyone.

Have never been so glad to be wrong........... see ya Fat Man, and your entire coaching staff too.  

1 minute ago, jbluhm86 said:

It's a real shame, because Freddie Kitchens is a genuinely good person, but he was a terrible head coach. It had to be done, unfortunately.

And the BROWNS had a 6-10 season.

Don't worry about Freddie he won't go hungry anytime soon..... plus I'm sure that he knows how the game goes.

Cleveland.com: 

Rarely has a head coach in the NFL done so little with so much talent, and the Browns had no choice but to cut their losses after an abysmal performance in what was supposed to be a playoff season.

His tenure was characterized by a lack of discipline on the part of his players, a woeful passing game, horrible playcalling and an ugly brawl between Myles Garrett and Pittsburgh’s Mason Rudolph that cost the Browns their best defensive player of the final six games of the season.

Kitchens, 45, became the sixth head coach fired by the Browns since the end of 2010, and the fifth since the Haslams took over the team in 2012.

The Browns running backs coach and associate head for the first eight games of last season, Kitchens was in over his head from the start. He was promoted to interim offensive coordinator after Hue Jackson and Todd Haley were fired midseason, and was supported heavily by his veteran offensive staff.

In those final eight games of last season, the Browns averaged 395 yards per game and a league-best 6.86 yards per play. They also scored on their first 12 trips inside the red zone, and surrendered a league-low five sacks in that span. The Browns scored 25 touchdowns in those eight games, tied for sixth in the NFL.

What’s more, Baker Mayfield completed 68 of his attempts for 2,254 yards with 19 touchdowns and only eight interceptions, posting a 106.2 rating. But Fun Freddie disappeared not long after taking over as head coach, and problems appeared from the start.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/freddie-kitchens-is-one-and-done-fired-by-the-browns-after-his-6-10-season-per-reports.html

47 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Next HC has to be someone who won’t let loud mouths Landry and OBJ run the team. 

how bout big shit mouth mayfield....oh wait a minute...he is doc mayfield....he knows how to handle medical sitiations...pfffft.......hey mayfield, just handle your custodian job at the stadium....fix that toilet butthead....