THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie fired

7moses7

14 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

You obviously have missed the point pal. But then again, in your mind the ONLY reason I come on here is because of you. I didn't read weekly. But then again, you didn't want to take the challenge, so your actions speak as well.

I couldn't care less about you using a curse word, but exactly what is the point in calling someone a pussy? Does it make someone feel tough? I just don't get it. If I were to call you that does that mean I am tougher than you?

And no, I would think that you being so smart with semantics and legal jargon that you could discern a discussion and argument. When you have to resort to calling people idiots, telling them how wrong they are, etc. I take that as being unwilling to listen to another side. That happens A LOT in society today. And on occasions (no not all the time) when you post something incorrectly, when called out instead of just saying yep I was wrong, you try to finagle your way out of being wrong. I have even seen on here where you have blamed the other person why you were wrong. I know I have been wrong before, but you will never see me trying to explain why I was wrong. 

Again NONE of this is just me saying it, as the same things have been said by others in the past. 

I'm sure it is because I am just reading you wrong, we are always the one instigating it, etc. You have absolutely no culpability in any of it. 

But all you have to do is go back to the reason I replied in this thread. The condescending way in which you went on about Brady, Burrow, etc. 

Ahh, there it is, apparently I am not as big a fan as you because I don't live or been to Cleveland. It doesn't matter if I or anyone else has been, I have as much right as you. But the ENTIRE point of that part went over your head. I will absolutely GUARANTEE that if you polled the membership here that a majority would have issue with the way you post sometimes. They would also backup what is being said here. But I guess that is a me problem and a them problem.

But since YOU reference it, show me ONE poor opinion? 

As for your last question. God, Jesus father. The one who sent his son to die for ALL of our sins. I pray that before you perish that you accept that. I am sure you have a smart comment there, but on THAT I will act like you and not change my opinion no matter what you say.

There you go. 

So, let me summarize:

A.  Gunz is mad because  I left the S off of Joe Burrows name......or , is it because I put an S there where none exists; and because  I had never heard that player referred to as "Coach".   I guess I can solve that by spelling his name right....or doing what he did and spell like the French. 

B. He is also mad because I engage in friendly fan arguments over sports.   I don't know what to do about that other than to agree with whatever any of you say here.  LIke a mocking bird I guess. 

C. Flugel is mad because I thought the Ravens lost a lot of talent and would not be as good as they are, and because I didn't think Lamar Jackson would turn out as good as he seems to have.   I can solve that by saying....yea, I got that prediction wrong obviously.  

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

As was pointed out Bill B wasn't fired by the Browns but by Schmodell after the move, who will go down in history as the only owner to fire TWO HOF coaches.  :D The only former Browns coach to have somewhat of a successful post Browns resume is Marty Schottenheimer, who essentially quit because of F-artie. I suppose I should lay my opinion of Rob Chudinski getting axed too soon to rest, because if he was truly HC material, he should at least have gotten a HC  offer or two by now.  

Exactly Gipper. there's no comparison between the  Noll, Johnson situations and Freddie. The first two were in the midst of massive rebuilds with talent deficient teams. To put it in a race car analogy, by comparison- Freddie got handed the keys to a Formula One playoff ready race car-  and he kept driving it into the wall time after time. But to be fair to Freddie- he got his previous driving experience at Malibu Grand Prix.  :D  

What amazes me is the multiple times guys like Romeo Crennell and Pat Shur-loss keep on getting multiple tries for redemption- and continue to prove they can't coach their way out of a paper bag. 

I agree with everything you say.  Our perspective, right or wrong, is that  Fred was given a Mazerati and operated it like it was Gremlin. 

20 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yes, Pettine managed to get more with less.

He managed a 7-9 season with Hoyer & Manziel as QB’s.

His biggest mistake was hiring some dude posing as a Defensive Coordinator. 

Pettine is highly regarded once again. I think he may still be HC material. His players love and respect him. 

10 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Unless this team hires a HC who commands respect and discipline they are going nowhere 

AND, the team culture/structure needs to create the right atmosphere that enhances the HC being "the man." NO coach can flourish if the environment is that players know they don't have to make/keep the HC happy. If the structure is such that players feel they can go above the HC head, then it won't work. The Skins are one example of this, as well as Dallas. Until Cleveland fixes this, nothing else matters. Everyone always touts of how talented Dallas is, so why are they a mere 8-8 team, even with 4 cream puff games (Skins, Giants) on their schedule? Sound familiar? They need to hire a real man, and give him total authority. That's the only way a Meyer would take the gig to begin with. Until Cleveland make this change in a meaningful way, the results won't change much - 6-10, 8-8 is where they will be until this is fixed. All of the Browns problems start at the top. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, let me summarize:

A.  Gunz is mad because  I left the S off of Joe Burrows name......or , is it because I put an S there where none exists; and because  I had never heard that player referred to as "Coach".   I guess I can solve that by spelling his name right....or doing what he did and spell like the French. 

B. He is also mad because I engage in friendly fan arguments over sports.   I don't know what to do about that other than to agree with whatever any of you say here.  LIke a mocking bird I guess. 

C. Flugel is mad because I thought the Ravens lost a lot of talent and would not be as good as they are, and because I didn't think Lamar Jackson would turn out as good as he seems to have.   I can solve that by saying....yea, I got that prediction wrong obviously.  

A. No bud, you actually just showed exactly why this was brought up. No PLAYER was referred to as coach haha. Joe Burrow is the QUARTERBACK for LSU. Joe BRADY is co offensive coordinator/passing game coordinator. Two COMPLETELY different people.

B. Again, I don't see ANYTHING wrong with a good debate. But when results in name calling, not even listening to a shred of evidence, or beating the same point over and over isn't just a debate. Here is the difference, instead of saying I disagree with you on that, agree to disagree, etc you result to the "f you, you're an idiot if you think that, etc." Yet when you have a minority take you go with the, I get to have an opinion stuff. Whether you are right or wrong, when you use both sides of that argument you look disingenuous and that your opinion is the only that matters.

C. Nobody is perfect man. I have been wrong once before. Or was it that I was wrong about being wrong?

As for your other 3 posts that mentioned me: I think that you or anyone else is allowed to believe whatever religion they want, or none at all. And I for sure wouldn't make a smart comment if someone on here posted about Buddha. But that doesn't mean that it will change my view. And it is MY belief that unless ANYONE who hasn't accepted Jesus does then they will not like the result when they pass. That doesn't mean I will be a prick to them for their beliefs/or lack thereof.

And maybe I am not as smart as you or can't read between the lines, but you highlighting me asking you to show 1 poor opinion and saying there ya go. How exactly is that showing one? 

It looks like you were just throwing stuff against the wall seeing what will stick. As you can't find a "poor opinion" of mine.

And no Gipper, I don't dislike you. I don't think you are a bad person. I just think that you don't pay attention (or don't care) how you post. Because as little as I get on (as you referenced) I still see you get into "spirited arguments" with multiple people. And I don't think from my perspective that it has to do with the content in which you post. It has more to do with the perception of the manner in which you post that content. 

As for the comparison to Gho..... ask yourself why that would even be thought of, think back on his posts and decipher whether it had more to do with the content he posted or the manner in which he posted it, or even go a step further on a cold snowy day and look back at some of your "conflicts" on here and see if there is either some kind of pattern of behavior and/or a reason why it often results in more than just a difference in opinion. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So?  Do you really object to the photos of women on here?   - Gipper

Women? Never.  Teenage Girls?  I'm 55 so that would be a little creepy to get as excited as you do about them and you're in your mid-late 60s. The surgery you just tried on context was adorable!   - Tom F.

So, I assume that you have the same objection to Z and everyone else? - Gipper

Zombo doesn't post pictures of teenage girls and I don't recall many other guys old enough to be fathers and grandfathers doing it either.  If a teenage boy does it - it's not nearly as disturbing as you doing it. - Tom F

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, let me summarize:

Am I mad or disappointed the bug up your asss about a previous debate we had months ago won't die as it spills out into other conversations? I named 1 candidate I'd like Cleveland to at least consider (Joe Brady and gave reasons why).  Then came your asss hurt via the way you responded. I wouldn't have minded if you disagreed and gave a reason like "yeah but his lack of experience as a HC concerns me."  Instead you chose to be a douche bag.

As a result, I cut and pasted everything you said so I could use your own words against you like some sort of cyber Judo.  For example, when you tried to change the context of what I wrote - it showed readers who had trouble with the truth.   The context was never me having an issue with pictures of adult hotties being shared in here. It was you sharing pictures of teenage girls when you're in your mid-late 60s. That's creepy.  And since you like to remind us frequently you work in a court room - your version of extra hot is extra creepy. This has ZERO to do with Zombo or others in here that know the difference between women and teenagers and you know that.

I'm all done with this argument and your inability to admit when your wrong so carry on without me...

• Upvote 1

So?  Do you really object to the photos of women on here?   - Gipper

Women? Never.  Teenage Girls?  I'm 55 so that would be a little creepy to get as excited as you do about them and you're in your mid-late 60s. The surgery you just tried on context was adorable!   - Tom F.

Never put teenage girls on here....not to my knowledge.  Not sure where you are getting that. 

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

Am I mad or disappointed the bug up your asss about a previous debate we had months ago won't die as it spills out into other conversations? I named 1 candidate I'd like Cleveland to at least consider (Joe Brady and gave reasons why).  Then came your asss hurt via the way you responded. I wouldn't have minded if you disagreed and gave a reason like "yeah but his lack of experience as a HC concerns me."  Instead you chose to be a douche bag.

As a result, I cut and pasted everything you said so I could use your own words against you like some sort of cyber Judo.  For example, when you tried to change the context of what I wrote - it showed readers who had trouble with the truth.   The context was never me having an issue with pictures of adult hotties being shared in here. It was you sharing pictures of teenage girls when you're in your mid-late 60s. That's creepy.  And since you like to remind us frequently you work in a court room - your version of extra hot is extra creepy. This has ZERO to do with Zombo or others in here that know the difference between women and teenagers and you know that.

I'm all done with this argument and your inability to admit when your wrong so carry on without me...

A.  I did admit that I was wrong.....how did you miss that?

B. I guess I was still confused about the existence of this "Joe Brady".    I have only ever heard that in reference to  Joe Burrow (thinking that it was like Joe Tom Brady. 

C. And I repeat....WTF are you talking about with "teenage girls"?   As far as I know, any photo I may have put up here has been an adult.  

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A.  I did admit that I was wrong.....how did you miss that?

B. I guess I was still confused about the existence of this "Joe Brady".    I have only ever heard that in reference to  Joe Burrow (thinking that it was like Joe Tom Brady. 

C. And I repeat....WTF are you talking about with "teenage girls"?   As far as I know, any photo I may have put up here has been an adult.  

And you don't see the problem here? Multiple times from multiple people Joe Brady was referred to as a coach and separate from Burrow. Yet you continued on with it.

The majority of that could have been avoided had you actually read what was being said, or even just getting the facts when it kept coming up

27 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

And you don't see the problem here? Multiple times from multiple people Joe Brady was referred to as a coach and separate from Burrow. Yet you continued on with it.

The majority of that could have been avoided had you actually read what was being said, or even just getting the facts when it kept coming up

Well, I read it.  Maybe it was the flaw in the writing.   I was still confused if there was really talk about 2 people. 

Now that you have had your orgasm over the fact that I admit I probably got something wrong....you can go back, maybe, to talking football.  Or, will you continue to obsess over every word I write?   Here is a word that I will write that you can obsess over:   Psychoneurotic

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, I read it.  Maybe it was the flaw in the writing.   I was still confused if there was really talk about 2 people. 

Now that you have had your orgasm over the fact that I admit I probably got something wrong....you can go back, maybe, to talking football.  Or, will you continue to obsess over every word I write?   Here is a word that I will write that you can obsess over:   Psychoneurotic

"Probably" and "flaw in the writing"

You have just proven the point. You refuse to take responsibility. 

Here is Flugel original post

"I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so..."

So please Mr. Know it all, where is the flaw in that writing? Since they are BOTH named there, and there would be very minuscule chance that Joe Burrow, the QB (who was at OSU) would have worked with Payton and Brees.

And I am STILL waiting for you to reference ONE poor opinion I have had

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2019 at 2:41 PM, Tour2ma said:

Then color me hung up....

Roster composition is impacted. Physical demands of the DL and OLB differ and so do the physical makeup of players.

DTs differ from NTs... DEs from DEs...

Long history under some damn good HCs. Our STs were one very disciplined unit... very few penalties even of the dreaded block n the back variety.

Makes me think the guy should get an interview.

I get what you’re saying but that’s just not the way the NFL is anymore.

There’s still a general split between two prevailing philosophies, but it’s more accurate to define that split as 2-gap/1-gap as opposed to 34/43. 

This is for a few reasons, but mainly just because teams don’t run 7-man fronts as often. Something like 26 teams ran 50+% of their plays with 5 defensive backs on the field last year - whether that’s through an extra CB, extra safety, $lb, what have you. So to even classify their base as a 34/43 would be erroneous, their “base” alignments would be either 335 or 425. 

The other reason it’s a bit of a misnomer is exactly what you said about personnel. Generally speaking, people hear 34 and think “large DL, big run stuffing NT, pass rush from the OLBs”. And that’s not necessarily wrong.

But look at Wade Phillips, however, who is known for running a one-gap 34. His defenses have had a number of different personnel types. He’s had defenses where his DE outweighed his NT and seasons where he’s had a 330 lb. NT. He’s had years where’s run three OLBs simultaneously. But it’s always been primarily a one gap defense where the defensive linemen generate pressure, as opposed to the traditional “hit, fit and react” responsibilities of a 34 defensive lineman.

Further, he tends to primarily walk up his WILL to the line and utilize him as an extra pass rusher at a higher percentage than many other 34 DC’s, in effect just making him a 4th DL. 

All of that and he’s still considered a 34 DC, despite his defense being much closer to a 43 in philosophy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

"Probably" and "flaw in the writing"

You have just proven the point. You refuse to take responsibility. 

Here is Flugel original post

"I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so..."

So please Mr. Know it all, where is the flaw in that writing? Since they are BOTH named there, and there would be very minuscule chance that Joe Burrow, the QB (who was at OSU) would have worked with Payton and Brees.

And I am STILL waiting for you to reference ONE poor opinion I have had

GrandioseSomberGoitered-size_restricted.

... and the DE size difference was one of my main points. Wade adapts to the talent he has. He's a better DC for doing so.

The 5th DB is often filling the role of the 3rd LB. giving rise to the hybrid role in recent years. Deion Jones is a great example of the "undersized" LB's expanded role.

Whatever the player, it does not change his role in the base D significantly. It simply shifts the area where his makeup best sets up success, i.e., pass coverage vs run stopping.

On 12/30/2019 at 2:41 PM, Tour2ma said:

Then color me hung up....

Roster composition is impacted. Physical demands of the DL and OLB differ and so do the physical makeup of players.

DTs differ from NTs... DEs from DEs...

Long history under some damn good HCs. Our STs were one very disciplined unit... very few penalties even of the dreaded block n the back variety.

Makes me think the guy should get an interview.

Depends on how you want to build the front.   When you're a 1gap team that doesn't usually have that mammoth nose or every interior body is 300+ lbs as a  "classic" 34 is generally regarded.   Look no further than the Rams and Wade Phillips.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

... and the DE size difference was one of my main points. Wade adapts to the talent he has. He's a better DC for doing so.

The 5th DB is often filling the role of the 3rd LB. giving rise to the hybrid role in recent years. Deion Jones is a great example of the "undersized" LB's expanded role.

Whatever the player, it does not change his role in the base D significantly. It simply shifts the area where his makeup best sets up success, i.e., pass coverage vs run stopping.

Probably one of the best DCs to do it, I’d love to have him here.

I have no doubt you understand the nuances of defensive philosophies moreso than most regular posters, my gripe is more with the common  “oh god, 34 defense, we’re gonna have to get entirely new players” stance a lot of people take.

Were we to go that route, some changes would obviously occur but it’s not a full defensive reset...depending on the coordinator. 

True.... the impact today of switching between the bases would not be as great as it was earlier this century (remember Crennel trying to stand up Kenard Lange???), but it is still measurable even in the age of the amorphous D.

• Upvote 1