THE BROWNS BOARD

Tell Me Again

Axe

Easy, Ohio State and Wisconsin let their games get away......and Michigan just got buried.

Oh Indiana lost 23-22 tonight against Tennessee, they should have won that one too. That's what flips the W/L numbers around.

........and hey my 10,000th post, how about that.  :lol:

14 hours ago, Axe said:

How over rated the SEC is..

7-2 vs 4-5

You know who is who.. 🤣

No other conference is even close.

Big Ten Conference (9)....it's all about matchups, winning close games and not blowing games you should win (X)

Record: 4-5. I went 6-3 here

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Nice try Nipper. You may want to look up where Ohio State's QB is from 🤣

He is from Georgia,  so what?    And last year they had a guy from Maryland, and before that a guy from Texas. And before that they had a guy from Dayton,  and etc. etc.

They get guys from all over.   LSU got the guy they have from Ohio State, from where he transferred, because he could not beat those other guys out. He went from 3rd string at OSU.....to game manager last year.  (16 TDs).....yet this year he went through SEC defenses like they were water.

Maybe it says more about SEC defenses than it does him....to have made such a huge leap in his 5th year of college eligibility.

BTW mjp28.. I picked Ohio State to win the National Championship early.. Crap :(

Nipper, wtf are you babbling on about?

You thought you were so clever and snarky to mention that LSU's QB came from Ohio.. So?  Why?

Ohio State's QB came from Georgia. Heart of SEC country..

1 hour ago, Axe said:

BTW mjp28.. I picked Ohio State to win the National Championship early.. Crap :(

You thought you were so clever and snarky to mention that LSU's QB came from Ohio.. So?  Why?

What do you think you’re so clever mentioning that Ohio State’s quarterback comes from Georgia. Who really cares he plays for Ohio State. Who cares about borough he plays for LSU. you thought you were so clever. He is from Ohio born and bred he’s just a mercenary down there in Louisiana

13 hours ago, Axe said:

I thought they had a chance "if" they got past Clemson -but- a couple of things intervened:

1. LSU snuck ahead of OSU in the last week of the CFB rankings giving them Clemson instead of Oklahoma. The bad start vs Wisconsin probably sealed the #1 spot for LSU.  OHIO STATE actually had the better season record but it is subjective and voters can and do vote with their likes.

2. Justin Fields was injured to end the regular season and he just wasn't the same threat with the heavy knee brace allowing Clemson to concentrate more on JK Dobbins. Even his passing game wasn't as sharp.  But still the game was a toss up.

3. Clemson is a good !

LSU despite being a 5.5 point favorite will have their hands full...... unless Mr Heisman has another incredible game.  Right now I'd probably take Clemson PLUS the points.  Still not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 7:59 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

How about the fake Big 10 a.k.a. Big XII (little 10-I mean who holds onto a name that doesn't even have 12 teams anymore?)!   1-5 for that powerful league.

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Always weird to me when fans of SEC schools try to ride the coattails of the best team in the conference.

And yeah, loading preseason polls with highly ranked SEC teams creates a better chance the SEC teams are highly ranked at the end

Speak of the Devil....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Always weird to me when fans of SEC schools try to ride the coattails of the best team in the conference.

And yeah, loading preseason polls with highly ranked SEC teams creates a better chance the SEC teams are highly ranked at the end

I'm not the one that continues attempting to ride the premise that the SEC is overrated.

I'm a Gator fan first, Ohio State second. Once one is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the other. Once the SEC is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the Big 10..

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Loading their schedules with non-conference cupcakes helps that as well.

26 minutes ago, Axe said:

I'm not the one that continues attempting to ride the premise that the SEC is overrated.

I'm a Gator fan first, Ohio State second. Once one is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the other. Once the SEC is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the Big 10..

I have asked this question:   why the fuck root for a "conference" at all.  I mean, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio.  Why the fuck should I root for Michigan or Penn State against some team from some other conference.  

If I were a Florida fan, I would say "Fuck Georgia...fuck Alabama, Fuck them all....let them lose to the  other teams from around the country.   They are our rivals and our opponents, and anyone that can put their heel on their necks is fine with me"   And insert Michigan/PSU etc. in this sentence. 

Listen, freaks. You are not going to overturn the results of the Civil fucking War because your teams win some football game. 

13 hours ago, Axe said:

I root for all the SEC teams in bowl games. There is a reason so many players get drafted so high every year out of the SEC over any other conference and a reason I call it NFL Lite or NFL Jr. The NCAA rankings reflect the reality of that. And football is still King in SEC country with the occasional nod to basketball teams like Ky. and Fla. and baseball teams Ms.St. and LSU.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I root for all the SEC teams in bowl games. There is a reason so many players get drafted so high every year out of the SEC over any other conference and a reason I call it NFL Lite or NFL Jr. The NCAA rankings reflect the reality of that. And football is still King in SEC country with the occasional nod to basketball teams like Ky. and Fla. and baseball teams Ms.St. and LSU.

Well, this is mind warped fucking thinking, as I have said.  

Were you rooting for the SEC teams before A&M decided to jump for money to that conference?  I mean, for most of your life A&M was in the Southwest Conference or the Big 8/12 whatever.  

If Texas joined the SEC would you be likely to rah rah rah for them?  

Like I said,  those teams in your conference are your rivals, and you should be saying fuck them all.

Fortunately the SEC saw Texas as a poisoned pill and did not want them. So much so that A&M has veto power over them ever joining. The PAC-12 was willing to take them along with OU, but not OSU, so OU declined. The thing I like most about the SEC is that all Bowl game net revenues are shared equally among all SEC members. Same for the profits for the SEC Network I believe. Texas wanted their own of everything. It wasn't until they announced they were going to air HS games of recruits on Longhorn Network that A&M recontacted the SEC and asked to join in. The NCAA later ruled that to be an illegal recruiting activity so it never happened.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Fortunately the SEC saw Texas as a poisoned pill and did not want them. So much so that A&M has veto power over them ever joining. The PAC-12 was willing to take them along with OU, but not OSU, so OU declined. The thing I like most about the SEC is that all Bowl game net revenues are shared equally among all SEC members. Same for the profits for the SEC Network I believe. Texas wanted their own of everything. It wasn't until they announced they were going to air HS games of recruits on Longhorn Network that A&M recontacted the SEC and asked to join in. The NCAA later ruled that to be an illegal recruiting activity so it never happened.

That is pretty standard,  The Big Ten shares as you describe, as does I believe the Pac 12 and ACC.   As for Texas wanting to keep their own of everything, maybe that just makes them the only pure capitalist of the NCAA.  And that may be a Texas thing too, since that is what Jerry Jones tried to accomplish as well.

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not to mention the SEC gets to host most of the bowl games.