THE BROWNS BOARD

McDaniels next coach possibly...

Canton Dawg

37 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Don't swallow that mush.  While it may be true that McD does not become our coach, I think it would likely be because the Browns decide to choose someone else. not him.

I mean,  I think if he does not want the job then he should just say no thank you to even doing the interview.  But let's say he does interview and is offered the job and turns it down.  What would any future team think about putting his name in their hat?   I don't think they would.    I think he would have to there and then make the decision that he is going to be a lifelong asst. coach....OC, and never a HC again.   At least, that is my view. 

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well, if DePo repo has been as active as this article opines (and they don't know what's gone on behind closed doors) put your money on Stefanski. Paul wanted him last time, and got outvoted by Dorsey. I totally agree with Tia- Stefanski, Kubiak OC, and Phillips as DC works for me...   https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/report-paul-depodesta-about-equal-to-owner-jimmy-haslam-in-cleveland-browns-coaching-interviews/95-6461a70d-5022-4ff8-baae-e1f5e0a789fc

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Don't swallow that mush.  While it may be true that McD does not become our coach, I think it would likely be because the Browns decide to choose someone else. not him.

I mean,  I think if he does not want the job then he should just say no thank you to even doing the interview.  But let's say he does interview and is offered the job and turns it down.  What would any future team think about putting his name in their hat?   I don't think they would.    I think he would have to there and then make the decision that he is going to be a lifelong asst. coach....OC, and never a HC again.   At least, that is my view. 

I don't think it's exactly a coincidence Josh is interviewing last Gipper.  

Though I do think there's plenty of truth when Belichick's assistants are in line for a promotion, they ask Bill what he thinks about the potential team. And he tells them consider the ownership and management already in place.  

But lifelong assistant coaching is pretty good money in the NFL. It's also been opined a reason McDaniels would stick around in New England is he'd certainly be first in line for a promotion when Bill decides to retire, and who knows when that might be.... 

29 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, if DePo repo has been as active as this article opines (and they don't know what's gone on behind closed doors) put you money on Stefanski. Paul wanted him last time, and got outvoted by Dorsey. I totally agree with Tia- Stefanski, Kubiak OC, and Phillips as DC works for me...   https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/report-paul-depodesta-about-equal-to-owner-jimmy-haslam-in-cleveland-browns-coaching-interviews/95-6461a70d-5022-4ff8-baae-e1f5e0a789fc

I don't think it's exactly a coincidence Josh is interviewing last Gipper.  

Though I do think there's plenty of truth when Belichick's assistants are in line for a promotion, they ask Bill what he thinks about the potential team. And he tells them consider the ownership and management already in place.  

But lifelong assistant coaching is pretty good money in the NFL. It's also been opined a reason McDaniels would stick around in New England is he'd certainly be first in line for a promotion when Bill decides to retire, and who knows when that might be.... 

OK, just what do you read into  him  going last?    And I am not saying that his assts. don't ask him what he thinks nor that he doesn't tell them...but I don't think that that would be a determining factor if he wants to come here.    But, yes, I have always thought that the plan for the Pats was for McD to take over from BB.....but I thought it probable that  BB would give it up when TB was no longer there.   But that does not seem to be the case now.  

Some have said that BB wants to catch Shula.  And that means....depending how you count....either  55 regular season victories, or  43 total wins (incl. postseason).   That would mean  5 more years at 11 wins each....or with playoffs...4 more years at 11 each.   He will be 68 in April  (like me today)....he would have to coach to a minimum of 72 or 73...at that success rate, to catch Shula. And, as I said, without TB, I don't think he stays at that success rate. 

Bottom line being....I would not think that McD  would want to wait for BB to pass Shula in order to get another HC job....it could be 5+ years.  

1 minute ago, Kvoethe said:

We are taking Jason Garrett

Because we are cleveland and his hair matches our uniforms

That would be gray.....unless.....they  may both need a little help to stay that color:

71WKwPcnDDL._SY355_.jpg

That was, basically my color.   I wonder if my wife would approve of me buying and using a packet of that. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, just what do you read into  him  going last?    And I am not saying that his assts. don't ask him what he thinks nor that he doesn't tell them...but I don't think that that would be a determining factor if he wants to come here.    But, yes, I have always thought that the plan for the Pats was for McD to take over from BB.....but I thought it probable that  BB would give it up when TB was no longer there.   But that does not seem to be the case now.  

Some have said that BB wants to catch Shula.  And that means....depending how you count....either  55 regular season victories, or  43 total wins (incl. postseason).   That would mean  5 more years at 11 wins each....or with playoffs...4 more years at 11 each.   He will be 68 in April  (like me today)....he would have to coach to a minimum of 72 or 73...at that success rate, to catch Shula. And, as I said, without TB, I don't think he stays at that success rate. 

Josh interviewing last- well, they'll already have taken a look at every other serious candidate... If he impresses them more than the others- they offer him the job...  

Regarding Bill B- I have some pretty good second hand info from one of his neighbors on Nantucket. Bill is football 24\7, he just might keep on keeping on until he does catch Shula. For sure, Bill is pretty difficult to get a read on, even in a social setting, so my answer is- who knows how long he's going to coach?  

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That would be gray.....unless.....they  may both need a little help to stay that color:

71WKwPcnDDL._SY355_.jpg

That was, basically my color.   I wonder if my wife would approve of me buying and using a packet of that. 

😁

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

71WKwPcnDDL._SY355_.jpg

Your pubic hair will thank you!.. As will your wife LOL!

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

71WKwPcnDDL._SY355_.jpg

Not sure I want to use a hair die product made in India

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Bottom line being....I would not think that McD  would want to wait for BB to pass Shula in order to get another HC job....it could be 5+ years.  

If I read this correctly!? Happy Birthday Gipper! Many healthy and blessed more!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

If I read this correctly!? Happy Birthday Gipper! Many healthy and blessed more!

Its my 55th bday as well.. And if thats the case.. Happy Birthday, Gip!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You know what? Fuck it. I'm on the McDaniels with Brady train. 

Get Tom in here. This team needs a leader. Baker can learn from the GOAT and Brady can have elite skill position players around him.

I'm pretty sure Brady would rather retire than enter into the mess that is the Browns. And no way Bakes would be OK with sitting. 

34 minutes ago, nickers said:

Happy Birthday Nickers!!!! I turn 56 2/28/20

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think it would be a black eye for Josh if he just turned down the job offer. It could be a lot of different variables in turning it down. Maybe he doesn't like the vision, maybe doesn't like the terms, maybe he doesn't like the personnel that he would be working with/not allowed his guys. Maybe he is given some assurance that he is next in line for NE.

Now if he did like he did the Colts, then he certainly wouldn't get another chance.

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Good news: no need to rush the process as the Browns are the only team with a HC vacancy.

Doesnt matter who we hire ...they are gone next year anyway

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why if you are serious 

I know 2 people that lived in India. They both said it’s the most disgusting, dirtiest place on earth

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nickers said:

It's my Birthday too, I'm 38 now!

• Upvote 3

Happy Birthday guys!   (mine's friday.....perhaps I get a new coach for my birthday)

If Bellichick tells his assistants to consider the team's ownership.....then he's giving them good advice.  I mean, just look at our search committee....The Family (Jimmuh, Dee and their son-in-law), a salary cap lawyer and the analytics cruncher DePodesta.  (if it wasn't so laughable, I'd cry) 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'm pretty sure Brady would rather retire than enter into the mess that is the Browns. And no way Bakes would be OK with sitting. 

If McD is to be our next HC, then I think Tom would consider it... but think both NE and LAC are more likely.

As for Baker... he wouldn't sit, he'd carry a clipboard in one hand and TB12's jock in the other.

48 minutes ago, Orion said:

Happy Birthday guys!   (mine's friday.....perhaps I get a new coach for my birthday)

If Bellichick tells his assistants to consider the team's ownership.....then he's giving them good advice.  I mean, just look at our search committee....The Family (Jimmuh, Dee and their son-in-law), a salary cap lawyer and the analytics cruncher DePodesta.  (if it wasn't so laughable, I'd cry) 

I don't think that is probably unusual in an organization.  certainly the owners will be involved, as would the  accountants and strategy consultants.   The only thing we are missing really is a GM.  And, as we have pointed out, it could actually be like 1/3rd of the NFL teams where the heirarchy does not include the GM as the HCs superior. 

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

If McD is to be our next HC, then I think Tom would consider it... but think both NE and LAC are more likely.

As for Baker... he wouldn't sit, he'd carry a clipboard in one hand and TB12's jock in the other.

True.....he would pace like a nervous cat on the sideline.