THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

14 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

but I’d want nothing of Henry in the open field.

Sign me up for that as well...

It was fun though seeing the DT knock him backwards... only took an open shot by a 320+ pound DL to make it happen.

Going to be interesting week for Bill O'Brien rumors. I think a little more than an one win playoff appearance was expected.

The 10-6 regular season might save him.

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Going to be interesting week for Bill O'Brien rumors. I think a little more than an one win playoff appearance was expected.

The 10-6 regular season might save him.

He lost on the road in the playoffs.  What unknown or  retread do you replace him with? 

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Hoping for a KC v San Fran.

I’m Actually looking for Rodgers vs Mahomes slinging it all around.  

San Fran might not be bad though they could be the most entertaining run based play action team I’ve watched though.  And Bosa might have 5 sacks against KC 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

He lost on the road in the playoffs.  What unknown or  retread do you replace him with? 

No idea... just reflecting that Bill-O has had one foot on a banana peel for a couple seasons now... mostly due to postseason disappointment.

image.thumb.png.229586195a82b39c15aa509079c77d0f.png

While he's probably fine to come back for 2020, if the above pattern repeats and the Texans miss the playoffs, then he's very likely gone.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why do you care?   After all I didn't think you were a DumbAssTexan fan.    I thought you were Broncos/Browns.

I just like that it is wild and crazy:     Set the record for most points by both teams in the first half of any postseason game in NFL history.

I care about poor decision making regardless of whose team it is. I walk out on it when it's that stupid. The cat chasing a 30 foot line of parachute cord all around outside was at least entertaining.🐈😁

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I care about poor decision making regardless of whose team it is. I walk out on it when it's that stupid. The cat chasing a 30 foot line of parachute cord all around outside was at least entertaining.🐈😁

I guess the fake punt was a dumb move.    What else?  Beyond that, mostly I just saw them being sliced and diced by the Chiefs offense.

Just now, The Gipper said:

I guess the fake punt was a dumb move.    What else?  Beyond that, mostly I just saw them being sliced and diced by the Chiefs offense.

They had them by the throat with a 21-0 lead the ball on the Chiefs 10 with a foot to go on 4th and kicked a damn FG instead of finishing them off right then and there. From that point on the dam just broke. As a player you have to be pissed you were not given a chance to flat out bury them. After the FG came the long runback and the rout was on. You have to break the spirit of a great offense like that when the opportunity is there. They passed it up.

Finally got a snoozer... just not enough run threat by the birds.

** he types just as Lynch pounds one in... **

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They had them by the throat with a 21-0 lead the ball on the Chiefs 10 with a foot to go on 4th and kicked a damn FG instead of finishing them off right then and there. From that point on the dam just broke. As a player you have to be pissed you were not given a chance to flat out bury them. After the FG came the long runback and the rout was on. You have to break the spirit of a great offense like that when the opportunity is there. They passed it up.

If it works great call... if not... Greater sin in my book was the fake punt which I saw in part as an admission that you were right.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Finally got a snoozer... just not enough run threat by the birds.

** he types just as Lynch pounds one in... **

If it works great call... if not... Greater sin in my book was the fake punt which I saw in part as an admission that you were right.

I saw the fake punt as a continuation of the realization of opportunity lost and then trying for a "makeup". Stupid compounded by stupider.

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

And it brought me great happiness. Ah, the strip sack, the interceptions....  :)  Gonna have a glass of the Graham 10 year tawny and call it a night.    Now if those other birds bite it up in Green Bay I probably won't give a rat who wins the SB.   

Lamar would be great in Dancing with the Stars.... 

His next gig in about 2-3 years.    :lol:

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, not determined if Ray actually killed those guys, but he didn't stop his posse. But he's found Jesus now, so it's all right.  :)  

Oh yes everything is okie dokie now.  Funny how some success on the playing field can shorten or erase some people's memories.

Hunt's clock is still ticking too.

GB has done more without a lot of superstar WRs and RBs and will be playing to go to the Super Bowl.  Aaron Rodgers.

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

That's just too much space to give to Graham when Rodgers is the QB and they're only playing to the chains.

Bit of a rub from the WR inside Graham.

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I see it as a hair shy, but very hard to say not a 1st...

Turns out it was not so hard...

Kept seeing a mark on the field that started shy of the yellow line to gain graphic, but did not know what to make of it until I later saw the clump of grass jammed into the top of Graham's cage.

Went back and rewatched the original play and all the replays. There's no doubt that JG's cage made the mark and since it started short and the ball in his arm trailed the top of his mask by at least 2 feet... he was almost a full yard short.

May not have mattered in the end, but Seattle earned the chance to find out.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Now they gave them hope. This is so f'n stupid!

See below

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Let’s talk about dumb calls.

24-7 ball in your territory PUNT the ball.  Make the Chiefs drive the length of the field or even try to catch a punt again 

I told the wife, and I agree with Dion Sanders- that was probably the dumbest call in the history of the playoffs. You're up three scores, and try a fake punt in your own territory? A Freddie move for sure- I'll surprise 'em. That was the one play totally changing the momentum of the game. After that, the Chiefs just plan gassed the Texans D.  

5 hours ago, Nero said:

I didn't get your Frank Reich reference. Just found out about 'The Comeback'

Interesting piece of history. 

The Bills were so far down Nero- I actually took a nap after they got down that far. Woke up and holy moley- they're coming back.  :)