THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns RB Kareem Hunt cited for speeding; marijuana found in car

Vambo

Saw the PoliceCam vid on NFL LIve today.

Weed and an open jug of vodka?

My main question was... just how much discretion do the Police have?

Ā 

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Ā 

At 12:30 in the afternoon also. Many people with little kids on the road at that time. Ā Not good at all

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ā 

I wonder if the officer is going to get in trouble?

12 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Thought crossed my mind as well...

We all know that "Celebs" are treated differently, but seeing it on tape takes it to another level.

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

If nothing else, public sentiment will DEMAND it. I just don't see how the officer cannot be in hot water.

Mike

On ā€Ž1ā€Ž/ā€Ž26ā€Ž/ā€Ž2020 at 10:25 AM, ElkDawg said:

The dope heads will make excuses for Hunt claiming it's a non story because it's a legal recreational drug in a lot of other states. Meanwhile Hunt has made the organization look bad. What did he do for the Browns last season? Nothing comes to mind does it? I'd package him in a trade. Hasta la vista

That's one thing you cant pin on Hunt.

Ā 

On 1/26/2020 at 10:25 AM, ElkDawg said:

The dope heads will make excuses for Hunt claiming it's a non story because it's a legal recreational drug in a lot of other states. Meanwhile Hunt has made the organization look bad. What did he do for the Browns last season? Nothing comes to mind does it? I'd package him in a trade. Hasta la vista

Jimmy has made this organization look bad since he bought it

This is a minor blip compared to what Jimmy has done

I'm so tired of drugs ruining people's lives.Ā  I know we make our own decisions and all that, but Jesus.Ā  I'm tired of seeing people struggle.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't sound like the Officer is in trouble...

Rocky River police chief says Cleveland Browns RB Kareem Hunt did not receive preferential treatment during traffic stop

https://www.cleveland.com/crime/2020/01/rocky-river-police-chief-says-cleveland-browns-rb-kareem-hunt-did-not-receive-preferential-treatment-during-traffic-stop.html

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Doesn't sound like the Officer is in trouble...

Rocky River police chief says Cleveland Browns RB Kareem Hunt did not receive preferential treatment during traffic stop

https://www.cleveland.com/crime/2020/01/rocky-river-police-chief-says-cleveland-browns-rb-kareem-hunt-did-not-receive-preferential-treatment-during-traffic-stop.html

A cop covering the ass of another cop?

NO WAY.

Not just any cop... the Chief.

Ā 

Meanwhile there are a bunch of Defense Attorneys muttering "equal treatment, my ass" into their Single Malts.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not just any cop... the Chief.

Meanwhile there are a bunch of Defense Attorneys muttering "equal treatment, my ass" into their Single Malts.

Well according to the article, it was like a gram of weed. Gip can tell us what the fine is for that.Ā Unknown the particulars of the vodka. But hell's bells, if the cop smelled alcohol on him, he should have runĀ the field tests.Ā  As I said earlier in the thread- HEYĀ dum-dum put the weed and booze in the trunk!Ā  Ā 

BTW, in the Cleveland.com poll 65% of the fans say keep Kareem.Ā  Ā Ā 

Ā 

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well according to the article, it was like a gram of weed. Gip can tell us what the fine is for that.Ā Unknown the particulars of the vodka. But hell's bells, if the cop smelled alcohol on him, he should have runĀ the field tests.Ā  As I said earlier in the thread- HEYĀ dum-dum put the weed and booze in the trunk!Ā  Ā 

Ā 

I already said minor misdemeanorā€™s for both $150 fines. The DUI on the other hand that would be more serious if it were chargedĀ 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Ā 

I didn't think the cop smelled alcohol.Ā  I thought he said he smelled marijuana (side note marijuana burned and marijuana in a bookbag have distinct different smells).Ā  If he doesn't smell alcohol on Kareem then I don't consider it preferential treatment to not do a field sobriety test especially if cop distinguished the marijuana smell to be that of the unburned kind, and a lot of cops are "trained" to notice the difference.Ā 

43 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

... and a lot of cops are "trained" to notice the difference.Ā  ļ»æļ»æļ»æ

So are a lot of posters with Ghoulardi avatars... B) ... albeit more in self-study vein.

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, hoorta said:

FWIW Flugs- my brother lives in the the area where that bar incident happened, and his wife knows the guy who owns the bar. Seems the Wickliffe Police are Browns fans, and didn't see anything worth mentioning.Ā  Ā :)Ā Ā 

Thanks! Ā Ā  However, my concern was more about him putting himself in that environment given that he was suspended at the time.Ā  And how did he get suspended in the first place?Ā Ā  Putting himself in another bad environment where a camera caught him kicking a highly intoxicated female. It was at a time of night where nothing good was going to happen after all the partying leading up to it.Ā  The ole saying is you're only as good as the company you keep.Ā  And he's been keeping that company every time we hear about him.Ā 

When he backed his career into a corner, being out late partying hasn't been a good idea on the 3 different occasions he made the news.Ā 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, browns52 said:

this guy is nothing but tbl....folks, why do you think kc dumped this jackass....

And as I said earlier- 65% of Browns fans don't agree with you.......Ā  We'll see in a month or two when he gets tendered what the rest of the league thinks.....Ā Ā 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

We'll see in a month or two when he gets tendered

I thought we might get some action with a 2nd Rnd tender in place, but now I'm thinking 3rd.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I thought we might get some action with a 2nd Rnd tender in place, but now I'm thinking 3rd.

Oh you smartie- that's the original round tender. I say screw it, make it a second round and pay him the $3 million if we don't get any offers.Ā 

• Upvote 1