THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns To Announce Berry as GM

darren15

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well join the BB mock draft then. It's a great way to speculate and become familiar with the best players available. Plus it's fun when we actually draft and we hear a collective "WTF, who the hell is that and why that high? a la Tico Taco, Corbett, etc."🤣

I've watched it for years...  I dno't know enough about college football to have a clue and I'm not committing to anything in case i forget to log in for a week or two...but thanks for the invite!  :)

On 1/28/2020 at 11:39 AM, Bob806 said:

We're all a little jaded, rightfully so. 

Nothing against Berry or Stefanski from me. It's just the continuous "lather, rinse, repeat"  Haslam cycle that doesn't excite me or all of us. 

If it’s broke.. then fix it. Hopefully the cycle is over.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Can we shoot Haslam instead?

C'mon man.  Don't even joke like that.  -  unless you're gonna make it a double hit and include the Knicks owner.  (it suck being a Knicks fan too)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If the Sunshine and Rainbows Gang could tell the rest of us when it is appropriate to complain about the direction of the professional football organization we root for, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

How about after the current HC has actually you know....coached a game or two that actually counts??     I don't understand saying a guy or a FO is shitty when they haven't even had a chance to do anything yet.  

But carry on with the sky is falling and the team is shitty and they're all getting fired next offseason.    Hope y'all have something fun to do in your spare time because there's a lot of you who certainly aren't having any fun with the football team.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

should have just kept Highsmith Dorsey and Wolf 

I hope you were being sarcastic....  

And watch the whole thing unravel and go to hell in a hand basket this year when Dorsey gave Freddie another chance to prove he's a lousy head coach? No thanks...  TE coach- there's his comfort zone.  :D 

FWIW, I could have lived with promoting Wolf to GM,   but Dorsey wasn't about to listen to anyone else in the building- it's why he quit. 

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And watch the whole thing unravel and go to hell in a hand basket this year when Dorsey gave Freddie another chance to prove he's a lousy head coach? No thanks...  TE coach- there's his comfort zone.  :D 

FWIW, I could have lived with promoting Wolf to GM,   but Dorsey wasn't about to listen to anyone else in the building- it's why he quit. 

no sarcasm at all I would have liked to have scene them retained with a new head coach instead of depo and berry 

2 minutes ago, ATOM said:

no sarcasm at all I would have liked to have scene them retained with a new head coach instead of depo and berry 

Well, DePo was going to be there regardless, and Dorsey couldn't get along with him. In that scenario, one or the other was gone. I just hope Haslam kept the right guy....  

Just now, hoorta said:

Well, DePo was going to be there regardless, and Dorsey couldn't get along with him. In that scenario, one or the other was gone. I just hope Haslam kept the right guy....  

as i said above I will try to believe 

56 minutes ago, hoorta said:

No, Dorsey wasn't going to listen to DePodesta.

And I don't blame him one iota. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mark O said:

But carry on with the sky is falling and the team is shitty and they're all getting fired next offseason.    Hope y'all have something fun to do in your spare time because there's a lot of you who certainly aren't having any fun with the football team.  

You having a good time with this guaranteed 10 or more loss a season team Mark? 

Yeah, you're right... I'm not having fun watching the Browns be a complete clusterfuck - AND THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

No, Dorsey wasn't going to listen to DePodesta.

And I don't blame him one iota. 

hey did i tell ya im gonna bet that there will be a flea flicker attempted on sunday so what sez you? also heads or tails? 

53 minutes ago, ATOM said:

but i will say this hopefully with everyone on the same page will work and the past is the past so I will do my best to be optimistic 

Good man!

....I don't think that I'm as good a man as you....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, you're right... I'm not having fun watching the Browns be a complete clusterfuck - AND THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT. 

Guaranteed? You have a functional crystal ball? You don't know that, no one does. You're using the past to predict the future. Ghoolie would be proud of you. 

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Guaranteed? You have a functional crystal ball? You don't know that, no one does. You're using the past to predict the future. Ghoolie would be proud of you. 

Guaranteed as in they have been (pretty much) a guaranteed 10 or more loss team for the first 21 seasons of this run of the Browns... not meant as prediction of the future, even if I do have zero faith in this current set-up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Guaranteed as in they have been (pretty much) a guaranteed 10 or more loss team for the first 21 seasons of this run of the Browns... not meant as prediction of the future, even if I do have zero faith in this current set-up. 

Here's the difference. I don't have much faith in this current incarnation of the Front Office and coaching staff either. But I'm willing to give them a chance before I pile on with the negativity..... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Here's the difference. I don't have much faith in this current incarnation of the Front Office and coaching staff either. But I'm willing to give them a chance before I pile on with the negativity..... 

I like to get in before the crowds... 😁

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This is my sentiments to a “T”.

The Browns front office has been so bad, they can’t even draw interest from some potential top candidates.

And that falls squarely on the shoulders of Jimmah & Dee.

53 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

This is my sentiments to a “T”.

The Browns front office has been so bad, they can’t even draw interest from some potential top candidates.

And that falls squarely on the shoulders of Jimmah & Dee.

My greatest disappointment is that Kubiac didn't come with him as our new OC, but decided OC with the Viks likely had greater chance of continued employment. Kind of telling about owners.🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not knowing what FA moves we'll make and who we'll draft... a 10 loss 2020 feels about right at this point... and considering new systems, new young coaches and FO... that ain't bad.

Question is Dutch, had we stood pat, Freddie included, then what would you put our losses at?

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not knowing what FA moves we'll make and who we'll draft... a 10 loss 2020 feels about right at this point... and considering new systems, new young coaches and FO... that ain't bad.

Question is Dutch, had we stood pat, Freddie included, then what would you put our losses at?

Once again, and it's probably because I worded it poorly, I wasn't "calling my shot" with a prediction that the upcoming season will be a 10 or more loss season. I meant virtually every season in the last 21 has been a 10 or more loss season.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol...

Well don't go all optimistic on us now... just when hoorta was preparing to pass his "Curmudgeon" moniker to you.

Like I said, I'm just "beating the crowds" when it comes to this current set-up.

I'm sure it will be a full-on traffic jam soon enough. 😀

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I really think myself included that the 7-8-1 season with the #1 pick Heisman trophy winning quarterback got BROWNS fans everywhere all shook up and they started envisioning 10 to 12 win seasons and playoffs and all of that.

Then 6-10 comes along and the same guy is at the controls, new coach and now we're lost again asking if the BROWNS might break .500 again.

So what do we Vince ?

33847414_181545769349305_3268033765053562880_n (1).jpg