THE BROWNS BOARD

Where Even is Kansas City Anyway?

MLD Woody

9 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I am a libertarian and do like to talk policy and not politicians. Dems and Republicans politicians are two ends of the same shit log. 99% of what goes on is political theater for the base while they have drinks together off the radar. 

Yes indeed.

A candidate runs on "repeal & replace Obamacare," which seemed to be a HUGE reason he won (plus the HRC disdain). He had majority in the House & Senate, and they (his party) did NOTHING.

MAGA is a facade. The lobbyists are winning, not we the people.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yes indeed.

A candidate runs on "repeal & replace Obamacare," which seemed to be a HUGE reason he won (plus the HRC disdain). He had majority in the House & Senate, and they (his party) did NOTHING.

MAGA is a facade. The lobbyists are winning, not we the people.

Trump did get a vote to repeal Obamacare and it lost by one vote (John McCain). I don't see how you can  lay that blame on Trump when clearly John McCain is the one responsible for repeal of Obamacare being defeated. (with the help of two other squishy RINO's, Collins and Murkowski)

What was worse for McCain was that he had just won re-election and had campaigned to his voters on repealing and replacing Obamacare then when it was time to actually vote on it he voted against it. He was a real man of the people.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Trump did get a vote to repeal Obamacare and it lost by one vote (John McCain). I don't see how you can  lay that blame on Trump when clearly John McCain is the one responsible for repeal of Obamacare being defeated. (with the help of two other squishy RINO's, Collins and Murkowski)

What was worse for McCain was that he had just won re-election and had campaigned to his voters on repealing and replacing Obamacare then when it was time to actually vote on it he voted against it. He was a real man of the people.

Ok, so technically that is correct.

I recall they had no plan to "replace" it, hence perhaps that's why it was voted against by those Rs you mention.

Aside from a few social issues and national defense, the clowns on Capitol Hill are all the same to me.

56 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I recall they had no plan to "replace" it, hence perhaps that's why it was voted against by those Rs you mention.

Aside from a few social issues and national defense, the clowns on Capitol Hill are all the same to me.

At the time Trump was constantly saying send him a bill to repeal Obamacare and he was ready to sign it but all it took was a few Rino's to torpedo that. Still Trump was able to do away with the individual mandate of Obamacare.

Trump has quietly saved millions from ObamaCare's individual mandate

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/385722-trump-has-quietly-saved-millions-from-obamacares-individual-mandate

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

come on, Bob - that is no reason to dedicate your votes for democrats. Mccain killed it, to not let Pres Trump have that victory. He even got thank you calls from plenty of dems, even ObaMao commie.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/22/john-mccain-obamacare-repeal-opposition-243036

the dems created obaMaocare as a political farce that blew up in their faces and hurt a LOT of people.

the dems did the same thing with the phony impeachment. They created a farce of impeachment for political purposes, even after 3 yrs of mueller report found NOTHING.

Time to consider voting for republicans, Bob. Union or no union. and I believe more and more unions will see the difference.

(not the bigwigs of the AFL-CIO, though)

Why Obamacare Will Continue to Be a Failure

https://www.thoughtco.com/reasons-obamacare-is-and-will-continue-to-be-a-failure-3303662
    1. Public Opposition. Obamacare has never been well-received by the public. Polls have been …
    2. Costs Continued to Rise. One of the central claims made by proponents was that insurance …
    3. Too Many Loopholes. One of the problems with a bill written by lobbyists and bureaucrats that was …
    4. Leaves 31 Million Uninsured by 2023. Originally, the bill was touted as a means to both cover the …

17 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

84725597_23844055872270704_5070999330119221248_n.png.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=qQU5Q_RVu6EAX_RVpqM&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=c01eed3e0c80da9a058a7e03ed06477d&oe=5EBB9770

The Mexicans are now attacking from Outer Space!!! Build a defense shield!! Like we don't already spend more on Defense than the next 5 countries combined. Cant be too careful in case the Rigelians plan a sneak attack.  

I'll let the MAGAs meditate on what $2 trillion dollars (or at least 1\2 of that)  would buy otherwise. :)  I'll start at a couple NASA manned Mars trips....  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

The Mexicans are now attacking from Outer Space!!! Build a defense shield!! Like we don't already spend more on Defense than the next 5 countries combined. Cant be too careful in case the Rigelians plan a sneak attack.  

I'll let the MAGAs meditate on what $2 trillion dollars (or at least 1\2 of that)  would buy otherwise. :)  I'll start at a couple NASA manned Mars trips....  

Wait till he figures out the threat that Narnia poses. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Under Obama and his cuts to NASA we were forced to bum rides into space from the Russians. Sad.

What Trump is wanting to do going to Mars is no different than John Kennedy's vision in 1960 of our country going to the moon. There were a lot of side benefits of our going to the moon with the development of new technology and economic benefits and that will be the case with going to Mars as well.

And I will let you meditate on how the left could blow 2 trillion dollars (my guess would be similar to the almost one trillion dollars of wasteful pork spending Obama spent on his stimulus spending bill ). 

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

come on, Bob - that is no reason to dedicate your votes for democrats. Mccain killed it, to not let Pres Trump have that victory. He even got thank you calls from plenty of dems, even ObaMao commie.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/22/john-mccain-obamacare-repeal-opposition-243036

the dems created obaMaocare as a political farce that blew up in their faces and hurt a LOT of people.

the dems did the same thing with the phony impeachment. They created a farce of impeachment for political purposes, even after 3 yrs of mueller report found NOTHING.

Time to consider voting for republicans, Bob. Union or no union. and I believe more and more unions will see the difference.

(not the bigwigs of the AFL-CIO, though)

Why Obamacare Will Continue to Be a Failure

https://www.thoughtco.com/reasons-obamacare-is-and-will-continue-to-be-a-failure-3303662
    1. Public Opposition. Obamacare has never been well-received by the public. Polls have been …
    2. Costs Continued to Rise. One of the central claims made by proponents was that insurance …
    3. Too Many Loopholes. One of the problems with a bill written by lobbyists and bureaucrats that was …
    4. Leaves 31 Million Uninsured by 2023. Originally, the bill was touted as a means to both cover the …

Trust me Cal, I'm not at all happy with the Ds, particularly on the national level.  

The impeachment thing is a MAJOR turnoff.  People like me, a tad left of center, have had enough of that BS. 

But it would take quite a lot for me to vote R. Probably won't happen. It's simply a fundamental difference with my core values and the R core values on organized labor, which we've discussed and will never see eye to eye on.

Third party, here I come (again). 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll let the MAGAs meditate on what $2 trillion dollars (or at least 1\2 of that)  would buy otherwise. 

I  can answer that, I would say 3 weeks of free healthcare for all.

I'll let the Dems figure out where the money will come from.

• Haha 1