THE BROWNS BOARD

Roger Stone gets new, fair prison sentence - 3 yrs and 4 months

calfoxwc

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/trump-associate-roger-stone-sentenced-3-years-4-months-prison-n1138516

he did wrong - but the original sentence was a political hit job. 7-9 years was uncalled for, no legal precedent for that.

this sentence makes sense -

but the flip isde is - mccabe lied to Congress. admitted it.

no prosecution? (yet)

comey lied to congress

no prosecution? (yet)

brennan lied to congress

no prosecution? (yet).

we'll see if we've lost control over our gov or not in time.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/trump-associate-roger-stone-sentenced-3-years-4-months-prison-n1138516

he did wrong - but the original sentence was a political hit job. 7-9 years was uncalled for, no legal precedent for that.

this sentence makes sense -

but the flip isde is - mccabe lied to Congress. admitted it.

no prosecution? (yet)

comey lied to congress

no prosecution? (yet)

brennan lied to congress

no prosecution? (yet).

we'll see if we've lost control over our gov or not in time.

I've lost confidence in Barr. After what happened today with Stone I have to wonder how much control Barr has with his own DOJ.

After Barr had changed the recommendation of 7-9 years his own DOJ lawyer today went into the Courtroom and argued for the stronger sentencing.

After AG Barr told the world the first sentencing recommendation for Stone was grossly out of whack, his prosecutor—the guy who replaced the guys who quit in protest—argued today for all the enhancements that bump the sentence as high as 9 years. That looks like a revolt.

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Hopefully Trump Pardons him ASAP.

Personally Diehard I wouldn't care if Stone serves 3 years and 4 months if they were fair about it and others lying to congress were getting similar penalties. Yet we see some get away with lying to congress or the FBI who get no punishment at all. I am sick of the two tiered justice system.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

it's a civil war going on in our government, you betcha. we all lose if the swamp wins. and so far, all the pro deep state hacks in the DOJ, FBI, CIA and NSA, etc - are still in the government, not fired.

political dishonesty and extreme bias cannot be tolerated. It's just too freaking dangerous to America. as in, too dangerous for all of US Americans.

Just to be clear he was not ever sentenced to 7-9 years. That was just a recommendation of the prosecutors to the judge. She set the only sentence that he received, the 3 years 4 months. Plus he has the right to appeal that sentence still.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just to be clear he was not ever sentenced to 7-9 years. That was just a recommendation of the prosecutors to the judge. She set the only sentence that he received, the 3 years 4 months. Plus he has the right to appeal that sentence still.

So the 3 year 4 month sentence would seem reasonable and actually for all the screaming from the left at Barr for changing the recommendation to 3-4 years the judge who has the discretion to sentence Stone to any length she wanted within the sentencing guidelines decided to go with Barr's.

I say it seems reasonable on it's face but I heard a well respected lawyer who specialized in white collar crimes in DC (similar to Roger Stones) say the average sentence for a first time offender like Stone would be 9 months in prison. Add to that the heavy handed way this Obama appointed judge placed a gag order on Stone even after the trial (something way out of bounds for any judge to do) or he also could be placed in solitary confinement in jail like this judge did with Manafort.

Now it comes out the jury forewoman was HEAVILY biased so where is the new trial being ordered? Not likely from this judge.

The odds were so stacked against Stone from the beginning starting with being a Trump supporter being sentenced in DC a city that went 93 percent for Hillary Clinton and add to that an activist Obama appointed judge and at least one jury forewoman with heavy bias and I'm not seeing any equal justice for Stone. When Stone was arrested the typical way this would have happened for anyone else for a low level non violent crime would have been to notify Stone's attorney's and they would arrange to have him brought in. But no like Stone was Al Capone or something they send in the SWAT team with guns drawn, frog men around back and suspiciously CNN cameras were jolly at the scene at 5 AM. Something stinks here Tex...really bad.

I am not a big Stone supporter. I think anyone should go to jail for lying to congress. I just am tired of the two tiered justice system where some can lie to congress with no punishment at all while others get treated like Stone for the same offense.

49 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

So the 3 year 4 month sentence would seem reasonable and actually for all the screaming from the left at Barr for changing the recommendation to 3-4 years the judge who has the discretion to sentence Stone to any length she wanted within the sentencing guidelines decided to go with Barr's.

I say it seems reasonable on it's face but I heard a well respected lawyer who specialized in white collar crimes in DC (similar to Roger Stones) say the average sentence for a first time offender like Stone would be 9 months in prison. Add to that the heavy handed way this Obama appointed judge placed a gag order on Stone even after the trial (something way out of bounds for any judge to do) or he also could be placed in solitary confinement in jail like this judge did with Manafort.

Now it comes out the jury forewoman was HEAVILY biased so where is the new trial being ordered? Not likely from this judge.

The odds were so stacked against Stone from the beginning starting with being a Trump supporter being sentenced in DC a city that went 93 percent for Hillary Clinton and add to that an activist Obama appointed judge and at least one jury forewoman with heavy bias and I'm not seeing any equal justice for Stone. When Stone was arrested the typical way this would have happened for anyone else for a low level non violent crime would have been to notify Stone's attorney's and they would arrange to have him brought in. But no like Stone was Al Capone or something they send in the SWAT team with guns drawn, frog men around back and suspiciously CNN cameras were jolly at the scene at 5 AM. Something stinks here Tex...really bad.

I am not a big Stone supporter. I think anyone should go to jail for lying to congress. I just am tired of the two tiered justice system where some can lie to congress with no punishment at all while others get treated like Stone for the same offense.

The so called "heavily biased" forewoman was screened, identified herself as a Democrat during the process and was approved through Stone's attorneys who had the right to keep her off the jury. Then she was chosen by the rest of the jurors as foreperson. Then all 12 had to approve of the guilty verdicts on each count for which he was found guilty. Throwing this on the foreperson like Trump has done is the only "unfair" thing done here. And very dangerous for her well being which to me is the real crime. How dare he put her life and her family at risk?

Second, tampering with witnesses including threats of bodily harm is very much looked down upon by any reasonable judge. Lying to a Congressional investigation so that they may not rightfully conduct oversight of the the Executive branch of the government is an attack on the Constitution whether anyone here likes it or not. This judge made the proper decision exactly as the 3rd arm of this Constitutional Democracy should in this 3 way system we have.

Third, it is built in that Stone may appeal this decision to a court of appeals which allows the court system to oversee the decision of it's own judge. Again another safeguard to be sure that our system of justice works properly and does not over punish those who have been found guilty by a unanimous jury of 12 and a judge deciding an appropriate sentence under the law. It's the greatest system in the world, but we have an executive who would rather break it for their own personal agenda of absolute power over everything. Now that is what I call unfair and unconstitutional.

Now does this mean it works perfectly? No. But it's the best we have and it has plenty of safeguards as designed starting with 12 jury unanimous verdicts and ending with courts that oversee judges' decisions. And that safeguard of appeal rights has not even commenced yet. Aren't we all glad it works with that built in? I certainly am!

And regarding other cases. Two wrongs do not make a right. I have always felt punishment of white collar crime is far too lenient and protects rich corrupt people and their cronies. This jury and judge did the right thing. Others have not IMO. It's time that be changed permanently. I like judges who are willing to do that.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

The so called "heavily biased" forewoman was screened, identified herself a a Democrat during the process and was approved through Stone's attorneys who had the right to keep her off the jury. Then she was chosen by the rest of the jurors as foreperson. Then all 12 had to approve of the guilty verdicts on each count for which he was found guilty. Throwing this on the foreperson like Trump has done is the only "unfair" thing done here. And very dangerous for her well being which to me is the real crime. How dare he put her life and her family at risk?

Second, tampering with witnesses including threats of bodily harm is very much looked down upon by any reasonable judge. Lying to a Congressional investigation so that they may not rightfully conduct oversight of the the Executive branch of the government is an attack on the Constitution whether anyone here likes it or not. This judge made the proper decision exactly as the 3rd arm of this Constitutional Democracy should in this 3 way system we have.

Third, it is built in that Stone may appeal this decision to a court of appeals which allows the court system to oversee the decision of it's own judge. Again another safeguard to be sure that our system of justice works properly and does not over punish those who have been found guilty by a unanimous jury of 12 and a judge deciding an appropriate sentence under the law. It's the greatest system in the world, but we have an executive who would rather break it for their own personal agenda of absolute power over everything. Now that is what I call unfair and unconstitutional.

Now does this mean it works perfectly? No. But it's the best we have and it has plenty of safeguards as designed starting with 12 jury unanimous verdicts and ending with courts that oversee judges' decisions. And that safeguard of appeal rights has not even commenced yet. Aren't we all glad it works with that built in? I certainly am!

And regarding other cases. Two wrongs do not make a right. I have always felt punishment of white collar crime is far too lenient and protects rich corrupt people and their cronies. This jury and judge did the right thing. Others have not IMO. It's time that be changed permanently. I like judges who are willing to do that.

Not "so called" heavily biased but actually heavily biased which her own social media posts clearly show.

I know of at least one juror the Stone defense recommended be removed for bias that this judge over ruled them. Remember too the Stone defense is limited to being able to strike a limited amount of jurors. The Stone lawyers missed all the bias from this juror by her social media posts. That is on them but this juror could not have made those posts and been honest in questions that were asked of potential jurors for bias.

Here is the tampering of a witness. Stone was said to have threatened to kill someone's cat. This person wrote a letter to the judge saying he knew Stone was a blow hard and never took the threat seriously and neither him or his cat felt threatened and did not want to see Stone receive any punishment. The judge chose to ignore the letter from the victim who said he was not a victim.

Two wrongs do not make a right and neither does a two tier justice system make anything right.

Here is some more info on this Obama appointed judge from a news source you don't like but you will not get this from CNN or MSNBC or the MSM.

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Not "so called" heavily biased but actually heavily biased which her own social media posts clearly show.

I know of at least one juror the Stone defense recommended be removed for bias that this judge over ruled them. Remember too the Stone defense is limited to being able to strike a limited amount of jurors. The Stone lawyers missed all the bias from this juror by her social media posts. That is on them but this juror could not have made those posts and been honest in questions that were asked of potential jurors for bias.

Here is the tampering of a witness. Stone was said to have threatened to kill someone's cat. This person wrote a letter to the judge saying he knew Stone was a blow hard and never took the threat seriously and neither him or his cat felt threatened and did not want to see Stone receive any punishment. The judge chose to ignore the letter from the victim who said he was not a victim.

Two wrongs do not make a right and neither does a two tier justice system make anything right.

Here is some more info on this Obama appointed judge from a news source you don't like but you will not get this from CNN or MSNBC or the MSM.

Tucker Carlson? Really? Can you find someone a little more biased please. I'll wait. 

Rush. How about Rush. That'll work.😂

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tucker Carlson? Really? Can you find someone a little more biased please. I'll wait. 

Rush. How about Rush. That'll work.😂

How about CNN or MSNBC? And they are WORSE than someone like Rush because unlike Rush who is upfront with his bias these phony news org try to claim they are neutral which is laughable.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

How about CNN or MSNBC? And they are WORSE than someone like Rush because unlike Rush who is upfront with his bias these phony news org try to claim they are neutral which is laughable.

Touche'😂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Since there is no parole in the Federal Prison system, and if he is not pardoned he would probably do around 3 years of his sentence (if he lives that long considering his age).  Federal prisoiners earn 'good time' about 54 days per year off their sentence.

18 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Bake him a cake with a file in it - might get him out sooner.

I'm thinking a pardon would be appropriate. Napolitano, not a fan of the administration whatsoever, opines the trial was corrupted and I would have guessed it anybody else would if it were somebody that didn't work for Trump. At least the malfeasance with the judge knowingly admitting a biased juror should call for a mistrial and a censure of the judge.

WSS

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm thinking a pardon would be appropriate. Napolitano, not a fan of the administration whatsoever, opines the trial was corrupted and I would have guessed it anybody else would if it were somebody that didn't work for Trump. At least the malfeasance with the judge knowingly admitting a biased juror should call for a mistrial and a censure of the judge.

WSS

If Trump pardons Stone it will get the left screaming like their hair was on fire. (which in the age of TDS seems to happen frequently with them)

Shifty Schiff is already threatening another impeachment if Trump gives Stone a pardon.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/adam-schiff-sends-signal-that-a-roger-stone-would-be-another-impeachable-offense/

22 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Since there is no parole in the Federal Prison system, and if he is not pardoned he would probably do around 3 years of his sentence (if he lives that long considering his age).  Federal prisoiners earn 'good time' about 54 days per year off their sentence.

Most people seem to think Stone's 3 year sentence is reasonable but I still think it is too harsh for lying to congress considering congress lies to us all the time. I would say the same for Comey, Brennan, Clapper, McCabe, and all the other liars but so far they haven't even been charged and there has been a selective prosecution of those lying to congress.

https://www.commdiginews.com/politics-2/commentary/lying-to-congress-114667/

Irony of ironies here I sit with a jury summons in hand for early March. Key question on the form that I truthfully answer "Yes" is, "Have you ever served on a criminal jury?" The defense will ask me how that jury decided and I will truthfully say we gave the aggravated rapist who told his victim he was going to kill her a well deserved maximum of 40 to life so that the 42 y.o. woman could feel safe he would not be let go during her lifetime most likely. That will get me excluded most likely. 

Or maybe if he turns out to be a trumpy voter I'll just get on the the jury and sway them to a guilty verdict to remove a voter.😂

EDIT: As it turns out when I  went to go put the date/time on my calendar I discovered I had a hard to get medical appointment at the VA starting with labs early that morning and a wait to see the MD about 2 hours after labs are taken and the court reporting time 50 minutes away right square in between. So I used the legal opt out of age 70 or greater that allows me to forego the summons in this state. Too bad. I had my hangman's noose all laid out and ready to go. Giddy-up horsy!🤠

Dem analyst: Stone judge’s blatant bias may jeopardize trial
’I WAS SHOCKED’

Former Democratic Party lawyer David Schoen suggested that the U.S. District Judge who sentenced former Trump associate Roger Stone to 40 months in prison may have jeopardized the trial by injecting her own personal bias into the proceedings.

"Did you detect animosity on the part of the judge towards the person of Roger Stone?" the judge asked.

"I was shocked with some of the things she said," claimed Schoen. "She was very angry. She's very smart and she knows how to make her record. But she kept on making political statements while disclaiming that this case is not at all about politics."

it's getting to a point where every single democrat everywhere is all in on corruption, arrogance, and hate...

and fear of them losing power.

another fake leftie emotional knee jerk lie goes down in flames

John Bolton breaks his silence - and admits his testimony wouldn't have hurt Pres Trump at all.

but the open question lingered to sell his book. Even HE admits the phony democrat attempt at impeachment was a scam.

44 minutes ago, Vambo said:
Dem analyst: Stone judge’s blatant bias may jeopardize trial
’I WAS SHOCKED’

Former Democratic Party lawyer David Schoen suggested that the U.S. District Judge who sentenced former Trump associate Roger Stone to 40 months in prison may have jeopardized the trial by injecting her own personal bias into the proceedings.

"Did you detect animosity on the part of the judge towards the person of Roger Stone?" the judge asked.

"I was shocked with some of the things she said," claimed Schoen. "She was very angry. She's very smart and she knows how to make her record. But she kept on making political statements while disclaiming that this case is not at all about politics."

At the same time if some defendant sits there and smirks at me as a judge while the sentence is being handed down it would be difficult not to add contempt of court right on top of that. See Roger knows trumpy has his bail money in the form of a pardon, so he just smirks away.

the dishonest judge should have recused herself. But the left thinks they are above the law, and will do anything for advantage.

anything.

EXCLUSIVE: How Roger Stone Was Railroaded By The Deep ...

https://nationalfile.com/exclusive-how-roger-stone-was-railroaded-by-the-deep-state

6 days ago · Roger Stone was the last victim of Mueller’s Witch Hunt. He was railroaded in a vindictive, politically motivated prosecution by a biased Judge and a stacked jury. He now faces 25 years in prison. He and his family have been bankrupted, having lost their home, their savings, their insurance and Stone’s ability to make a living.

EXCLUSIVE: How Roger Stone Was Railroaded By The Deep ...

https://conservativewar.com/exclusive-how-roger-stone-was-railroaded-by-the-deep-state...

President Trump tweeted minutes after Stone’s conviction, “So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come.” “Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all the others, including even Mueller himself, didn’t they lie?”

Roger Stone Railroaded In Kangaroo Court – Now It’s Trump ...

www.dailypundit.com/dailypundit.wordpress/2020/02/20/roger-stone-railroaded-in...

Feb 20, 2020 · Roger Stone Railroaded In Kangaroo Court – Now It’s Trump’s Move. Posted on February 20, 2020 by Bill Quick February 20, 2020 4. 0 (0) BREAKING: Roger Stone Is Sentenced In D.C. Courtroom | News and Politics. Roger Stone, the long-time political advisor to presidents and friend of Donald Trump, has found out his fate on obstruction and ..

On 2/21/2020 at 8:49 AM, OldBrownsFan said:

If Trump pardons Stone it will get the left screaming like their hair was on fire. 

probably but seriously how much crazier can the left get? They're almost to the point of self-immolation as it is. Wasn't it Otter in Animal House he said "they're going to get us no matter what we do so we might as well have a good time."

WSS

• Like 1
  • Haha 2