THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to let Schobert walk

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

The part I hate about it most is this franchise developed him to the point he is playing his best football meeting/exceeding the expectation; and now another team will benefit from that while Cleveland is still in search of continuity in the LBer Corps (now in need of 3 new starters). Maybe we'll find a bargain FA like Tampa did last year when they signed OLB Shaq Barrett (previously a backup in Denver) only to get 19.5 sacks from the guy.  Sounds like the only thing wrong with the guy was Von Miller was the guy ahead of him on depth chart. We shall see...

Right....we talk about the need to find gems in the lower rounds and develop them into players.....yet, seem to dump them as soon as or before they reach that goal of being difference makers.....

Then you look at our depth at LB, right now, which is non existent.......and wonder where we land w/o Schob & Kirksey.

They can sign 2 FA backers and still end up with less depth than a year ago.

I know we cant pay too much to keep them, but feel more effort should have been made to retain these players that we drafted and then developed......

Schobert may not be a run stopping-hole plugging beast......but he is a solid tackler and great coverage guy......and it is a passing league....I look forward to us overpaying a pittbull to plug those holes, only to watch us get picked apart over the middle and in the short passing game......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Maybe it's a good thing he played through the bad hammy in 2018 so people only remember they year he missed too many tackles. 

In fact, he didn't play his best football until after Gregg Williams moved him inside. 

For me it's the lack of negative yardage tackles... of "tone-setting" hits. Those are what set the top ILBs apart from the "good ones".

Joe was lost outside in Horton's 3-4. Much due to defensive design which put him in read-react mode, but also due to the weight he was carrying to set the edge. Trimmed down in Williams' 4-3 base he played much faster. Add Williams' aggressive approach and our Joe was born.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/7/2020 at 9:47 AM, Mudfly said:

Right....we talk about the need to find gems in the lower rounds and develop them into players.....yet, seem to dump them as soon as or before they reach that goal of being difference makers.....

Then you look at our depth at LB, right now, which is non existent.......and wonder where we land w/o Schob & Kirksey.

They can sign 2 FA backers and still end up with less depth than a year ago.

I know we cant pay too much to keep them, but feel more effort should have been made to retain these players that we drafted and then developed......

Schobert may not be a run stopping-hole plugging beast......but he is a solid tackler and great coverage guy......and it is a passing league....I look forward to us overpaying a pittbull to plug those holes, only to watch us get picked apart over the middle and in the short passing game......

hey mud...hope you are doing well....my take on our lbs are like those att commercials....just ok is not ok......poor kirksey...too many injuries...he probably won't be in the nfl too much longer...i would not want him...he's a walking liability...shob...ehhh....i like that wilson kid...seems quick...made some nice plays...i also saw him get the shit knocked out of him though plenty of times...what is his size?....might have to put on some weight....i think he's going to  be a good player...anyway...man we are so far from being an ok team...and just ok is not ok....long road ahead...

18 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Too much mediocre CGI, weak storyline, and even weaker characters. The characters in the first movie were amazing.

The acting, especially by the adults, was atrocious in the TV miniseries. 

11 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

The new IT isn’t bad. The sequel to the remake is mediocre. I think the guy they had play Pennywise was a good choice and a strength of the film

The Tim Curry miniseries doesn't exactly hold up. (Tim Curry is good though) Comes off hokey. 

The first It movie (2017) was great.

The second It movie (2019) was decent. I don't blame the director or screenwriters for it not equaling the 2017 first part, the truth of the matter is while the book It was a really entertaining book, the ending is kind of 'meh'... the new movie couldn't fix that.