THE BROWNS BOARD

It IS the "wuhan Chinese virus" - and they and the "WHO" let it get out of control

calfoxwc

inexcusable. They need to be brought up for charges if they don't accept responsibility. - once again, the U.N. is completely worthless.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/03/18/who-claimed-in-january-wuhan-virus-couldnt-be-transmitted-to-humans-because-china-said-it-wasnt-contagious-destroyed-evidence/

• Thanks 1

I saw where China was kicking out some of our journalists . It is bad enough China has unleashed this virus on the world but they also are wanting to put the blame on the United States. Then we have clueless "journalists" asking why Trump calls this virus the Chinese flu because that is offensive yet they seem to be fine with China blaming this virus on the United States.

We cannot let China escape their responsibility for the coronavirus. Not so much now as all our efforts are needed to fight the virus but when this subsides China should be held to account. 

China's coronavirus outbreak and cover-up

https://www.axios.com/timeline-the-early-days-of-chinas-coronavirus-outbreak-and-cover-up-ee65211a-afb6-4641-97b8-353718a5faab.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

I don't see the benefit of basically going out of your way to call it the Chinese Virus instead Corona virus. 

It isn't exactly helping out any Asian Americans

Unless this is all a distraction technique. Which is kind of Trump's thing. Do some low level bad thing that the media will run with, like this, and then they'll forget about the more dangerous stuff, like him not taking the virus seriously for weeks. All part of the plan to gaslight the public I guess.

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I don't see the benefit of basically going out of your way to call it the Chinese Virus instead Corona virus. 

It isn't exactly helping out any Asian Americans

Unless this is all a distraction technique. Which is kind of Trump's thing. Do some low level bad thing that the media will run with, like this, and then they'll forget about the more dangerous stuff, like him not taking the virus seriously for weeks. All part of the plan to gaslight the public I guess.

Except when the Chinese are going out of their way in a disinformation campaign to blame the United States military for the cornavirus it is a good idea to keep the facts straight where the virus came from. 

In a crisis mistakes will always be made. I thought Trump made a mistake early on by not seeming to take the virus as serious as he should by making comparisons to the normal flu. I have problems though with the ones faulting Trump for this who were the same ones who called Trump a racist for the China travel ban early on which was a huge decision to keep things from being even worse in the United States. Bottom line it is not a time for finger pointing. It is a time to pull together.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Except when the Chinese are going out of their way in a disinformation campaign to blame the United States military for the cornavirus it is a good idea to keep the facts straight where the virus came from. 

In a crisis mistakes will always be made. I thought Trump made a mistake early on by not seeming to take the virus as serious as he should by making comparisons to the normal flu. I have problems though with the ones faulting Trump for this who were the same ones who called Trump a racist for the China travel ban early on which was a huge decision to keep things from being even worse in the United States. Bottom line it is not a time for finger pointing. It is a time to pull together.

Sure. Don't let them slander us. Ok. But I think going out of your way to say "Chinese" or"foreign" sounds like you want to not take any blame. 

And yes, IDC about finger pointing. Let's just react appropriately. But I still think it's pretty obvious what's going on. He's trying to push off any blame and trying to change people's minds on what his initial response was. Trump took this as a PR issue, not a medical crisis, and it showed. 

He's reacting appropriately (mostly) now though. So that's good. 

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure. Don't let them slander us. Ok. But I think going out of your way to say "Chinese" or"foreign" sounds like you want to not take any blame. 

And yes, IDC about finger pointing. Let's just react appropriately. But I still think it's pretty obvious what's going on. He's trying to push off any blame and trying to change people's minds on what his initial response was. Trump took this as a PR issue, not a medical crisis, and it showed. 

He's reacting appropriately (mostly) now though. So that's good. 

And some of this is political. I saw the left do the same thing with Bush on 9/11 faulting him for continuing to read a children's book to school children after getting the initial reports or he had prior information that an attack was planned and he did nothing about it. Playing the blame game.

Remember too some of those blaming Trump for his initial response were also wrong in attacking Trump for his China travel ban.

Trump said the reason he was specifically calling this a Chinese virus was because of China attempting to shift the blame on the United States. Whether or not he is doing it for any other reason is speculation without any facts.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And some of this is political. I saw the left do the same thing with Bush on 9/11 faulting him for continuing to read a children's book to school children after getting the initial reports or he had prior information that an attack was planned and he did nothing about it. Playing the blame game.

Remember too some of those blaming Trump for his initial response were also wrong in attacking Trump for his China travel ban.

Trump said the reason he was specifically calling this a Chinese virus was because of China attempting to shift the blame on the United States. Whether or not he is doing it for any other reason is speculation without any facts.

We have 3 years of Trump in office as facts. We know how he operates. 

Look I don't want to play the blame game in the middle of a crisis but I also don't think that should insulate Trump from any criticism. He clearly treated this like a PR issue to start, it burned him, and now he's trying to gaslight everyone into thinking he was always concerned. That's just objectively not true. 

Yes, right. The travels ban. That's one thing that comes up every time there's justifiable criticism of trump on this. I don't frequent right wing MSM like you guys so I am not sure what was out there I'm supposed to be mad at. But yes, the ban looks like it was the right call. 

Finally, it still seems like he's going out if the way to call it a Chinese Virus. I've paid out why I think that's dumb. Nothing more I can say.

image.thumb.png.6045b5e92d46c6dbee742586095221bf.png

And yet you fail to directly address/correct the only finger-pointer here. Why is that?

FYI... it's the guy who then inexplicably thanked you for calling for calling for us "to pull together."

If we get over this hurdle, then we can address why you'd back a Presidential retaliation for the Chinese blame no one is taking seriously.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Dr. Strangelove we cannot have the Virus blaming gap-George C. Scott 😱

Love that movie... it's another of the 20 or so that are in my Top Ten...

Fun "Dr. Strangelove" Fact:

Kubrick wanted Sellers to play Major Kong as well, but Sellers was already feeling overworked and insecure about handling an American, southern accent. So Sellers "called in sick" on the days the bomber scenes were to be shot until for the sake of the schedule Kubrick had to turn to Slim Pickens.

As great as Sellers was in that movie, seeing him ride that bomb just wouldn't be the same...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I saw where China was kicking out some of our journalists . It is bad enough China has unleashed this virus on the world but they also are wanting to put the blame on the United States. Then we have clueless "journalists" asking why Trump calls this virus the Chinese flu because that is offensive yet they seem to be fine with China blaming this virus on the United States.

Who is taking the Chinese claim seriously?

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not me but the Chinese must think they can persuade people to believe their story or why are they even attempting it? Good for Trump to call China out for it.

Why would the World Health Org praise China for their coronavirus response. Explain that one. They even praised China for their transparency if you can believe that.

https://www.axios.com/timeline-the-early-days-of-chinas-coronavirus-outbreak-and-cover-up-ee65211a-afb6-4641-97b8-353718a5faab.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

And yet you fail to directly address/correct the only finger-pointer here. Why is that?

FYI... it's the guy who then inexplicably thanked you for calling for calling for us "to pull together."

If we get over this hurdle, then we can address why you'd back a Presidential retaliation for the Chinese blame no one is taking seriously.

When we get over this I think there are going to be some changes going on with our relationship with China. I don't think their threat of cutting off medical supplies so we could "drown in a sea of coronavirus Chinese flu" sat well with many Americans.

Right now all the finger pointing during this coronavirus crisis is coming from the left for whatever Trump does or doesn't do. 

Now you've avoiding every question I ask... sorry, but it's the truth.

Why not tell cal to quit pointing fingers? Or your President?

When I ask...

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

... because you said...

15 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

... we have clueless "journalists" asking why Trump calls this virus the Chinese flu because that is offensive yet they seem to be fine with China blaming this virus on the United States.

you reply...

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Not me

Which journalists?

All the MSM I watch.... even MSNBC... was commenting on how ridiculous the claim was, but that it was for Chinese consumption. So Trump called out what was already being ridiculed.

Very little about what Trump or you or I or Fox News or The Washington Post says makes it into China. And what makes it in carries about as much weight as what I say does with cal... at least in this sub-Forum of the Board.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Denial of the FACT that it started in China glosses over the problem that must not happen again - China denied the problem, the who helped them cover it up as to the danger of it, it spread all the way around the world.....

The complaining of it being a CHINESE VIRUS, or MUHAN virus, is just political theater. We all need to pull together, absolutely.

Americans need to pull together. And if we can come up with effective treatments, we can share them with the world.

But our financial loss = as a nation, and as individuals, needs to be compensated for, plain and simple.

Pull together, and stop the bitching about what the virus is accurately called. Seriously.

Woody whether or not it's helping out as you say Asian Americans it really is the Chinese who dropped the ball on this. And that's where it came from. And that's where the biggest damage has been done. I don't care about slandering the Chinese but neither am I afraid of hurting somebody's feelings. Glad you have your back apparently so does the WHO. How does that benefit the rest of the world?

WSS

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And a little more from the Looney left

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-coronavirus-covid19-kung-flu-racism-969249/

They got the memo. Scream racist whenever possible.

WSS

I get they hate the bad organgeman but nobody is scapegoating China. There is plenty of evidence that China lied and suppressed the truth about the virus and what China did and didn't do directly relates to the world wide flu pandemic. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I get they hate the bad organgeman but nobody is scapegoating China. There is plenty of evidence that China lied and suppressed the truth about the virus and what China did and didn't do directly relates to the world wide flu pandemic. 

I wonder if anybody is pissed off that the Russian nuclear meltdown is called Chernobyl?

WSS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

I wonder if anybody is pissed off that the Russian nuclear meltdown is called Chernobyl?

WSS

I posted above a video showing the lunacy of our left wing media who called this virus the Chinese coronavirus or the Wuhan flu until suddenly they got "woke" and that was now racist to say that. I guess we will soon get an apology from them for their ignorance?

The part that's racist isn't the name-calling.. the part that's racist is the appointed leaders in Europe and US sitting on their hands doing nothing while China was dealing with this.. because they thought we were special.  Like it or not, China gave us 2,3 months -- with which we did dicky mcgeezax to actually prepare.

Singapore shut down early & hard for this -- and one thing that also may be coming to our shores is the policies Singapore has used since SARS to avoid cross-contamination within ED waiting room: Only the patient enters the building of the hospital - ED staff walks to the door and has whatever discussion with family/friends who brought them to the ED, and the door closes behind the patient.  Everyone else waits outside the doors.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

The part that's racist isn't the name-calling.. the part that's racist is the appointed leaders in Europe and US sitting on their hands doing nothing while China was dealing with this.. because they thought we were special.  Like it or not, China gave us 2,3 months -- with which we did dicky mcgeezax to actually prepare.

Singapore shut down early & hard for this -- and one thing that also may be coming to our shores is the policies Singapore has used since SARS to avoid cross-contamination within ED waiting room: Only the patient enters the building of the hospital - ED staff walks to the door and has whatever discussion with family/friends who brought them to the ED, and the door closes behind the patient.  Everyone else waits outside the doors.

I disagree. The Chinese lied, the WHO said what the Chinese told them to say. that it was not human to human transmitted.

That lie costs thousands of lives around the world, after the virus went entirely global. China REFUSED help from the CDC and our experts. As in, what were they hiding? Maybe just hiding the grim truth and trying not to embarrass themselves badly in the eyes of the rest of the world?

That would be easier to believe, if Wuhan wasn't the site of the bio lab. After seeing a pic of a huge pile of dead rats for sale at a food market - I would chip in to buy a one way ticket for sanders to go there and not come back. of course there's AOC, tlaib, van jones, brennan, etc etc etc....

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/new-york-times-chinese-propaganda

" It is still jarring, though, to see what unbelievable suckers NYT writers can apparently be for even the most fantastic and unbelievable claims, as long as those claims are made by a totalitarian communist regime. The actual thesis of Thursday's piece was that China has done a much better job of containing the coronavirus than has most of the West and that the Chinese government (and people!) are now sitting around wondering why we in the West are all so bad at containing the coronavirus. "

"...

Seriously.

Here is just one of the pieces of obvious bovine fecal material that slipped through the layers and layers of editors and fact checking that we are constantly assured exist at the Times: "But on Thursday, [China] reported no new local cases for the first time since the outbreak began. Its uncompromising response — locking down cities, shutting factories, testing thousands — seems to have brought China's contagion under control."

Now, it might be technically true that China reported no new local cases on Thursday. However, only the world's most irresponsible journalist — or the world's biggest idiot — would print that claim without pointing out that it's obviously false.

The chances that there were zero new cases of coronavirus in China on Thursday are, well, zero. You do not have to be an expert in infectious diseases to know that this is not how they work. You just have to be possessed of the common sense and skepticism that God gave the average fifth-grader.

If President Donald Trump had announced Thursday that there were no new cases of coronavirus reported by the United States government, the Times would have printed five news articles debunking the claim and three opinion columns about what an irresponsible leader Trump was for making such an obviously false claim. But when the Chinese government — which has literally kicked out Western journalists so no one can see what is going on — made the same claim, the Times just uncritically printed it.

Of course, numerous courageous whistleblowers from inside China have stated the obvious — that the Chinese government's claims of a miraculous recovery are fake. But no one should need those whistleblowers to know that the ChiComms' claims were obvious lies, any more than North Korea needs whistleblowers to tell the world that Kim Jong Il did not actually bowl a perfect 300 the first time he ever bowled.

Making up fantastic lies about the perfection of their government and leadership is what communist governments do. It's a signature hallmark of communism to never ever admit that the government has made a mistake and to further claim that the government has accomplished fantastic miracles that Western governments could not replicate (because, in every case, no government could actually do those things).

But even if you got a job at the Times without somehow being aware of how communist governments have operated for the last 100 years, any person possessed of a fully formed cerebral cortex should have known not to uncritically reprint such fantastical claims about China's success at controlling the spread of the virus, especially after China kicked out all journalists who don't work for its state-sanctioned media.

So why didn't these reporters and editors from the Times?

I think a lot about Stephen Glass, in my line of work. Glass, if you will remember, hoodwinked his editors at the liberal New Republic for years with stories that were entirely made up. He quoted people who didn't exist. He retold stories that never happened. And when his malfeasance was finally exposed, his editors had a day of reckoning. And what they admitted, frankly, was that they did not check his work as diligently as they should have because his stories confirmed their pre-existing biases and beliefs.

Newspaper editors ought to have pictures of Stephen Glass hung on their walls, if they don't want to end up getting embarrassed like the New Republic was. Because that lesson — always question stories that confirm your beliefs the most — is a necessary one."

"And this, I think, is where the Times got suckered into being a national laughingstock Thursday — again. The media have somehow convinced themselves that it's really important to obsess about the fact that President Trump refers to coronavirus sometimes as a "Chinese virus," and they hate him so much that they would like to believe that even the obviously corrupt and dishonest Chinese government is doing better at controlling coronavirus than he is. After all, that would help sell their most treasured belief, which is that he should be defeated at the ballot box in November. "