THE BROWNS BOARD

Before Virus Outbreak, a Cascade of Warnings Went Unheeded

Tour2ma

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I find this eerily reminiscent of "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US"...

Can't  remember the source, but there was a 2017 article  from a respected  researcher  who opined the next pandemic was  going to  originate from  China.  Wet markets and such. 

13 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Our CDC dropped the ball on testing. Trump finally stepped in and went to private sector business to make the test kits because our CDC bungled it. This is what South Korea did they had 4 private companies go into mass production.........but I am always big on the private sector doing things better and more efficiently than govt.

This is one thing I  believe I'm qualified to  comment on, as I  worked in laboratory  medicine  for 40 years. You can't make a couple million Corona test kits just magically drop out of the sky. On that end, you can only ramp up production so fast, even if you're working 24\7, without running  afoul of  QC issues and FDA purity standards. You run into the very basic question do these tests do what they're supposed to do, and with what degree of reliability?  Like run positive and negative controls with each lot to make sure, and that gums up the works of delivering test kits to the labs. In the testing labs themselves,  I'm  seeing unavailability of  necessary ancillary supplies (ultra pure ethanol would be one of my guesses) to even do the testing  in the first place.

So, I really can't blame the CDC, government, or the labs for not  anticipating back in January  that there was going to be a  need to do testing  on this scale. Looked like a  local problem that could be  contained on a local basis. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/20/2020 at 10:16 PM, calfoxwc said:

The truth is hard...for me to come up with because I hate Trump

Well... a whole additional day and no compliance.

cal... the one other time you crossed me was by calling me a liar. You apologized... sort of... by saying you "did not mean to" and I accepted admitting I might have misinterpreted... and we moved on.

Your above edit lies about me... and there is no doubt about it in this case. You are the liar here.

So what does it matter? What can I do that matters?

A two-pronged reply coming:

First, is purely at cal. No longer will I restrain myself to dealing with your opinions and behaviors dealing with them while trying to avoid characterizing the person behind them. Starts with the above liar label and we'll see where it goes from here.

Second, well I'm afraid others may be collateral damage in this case, but I'm going to do what I can to take over your little playground here. How? Well you just have to wait for that to become apparent.

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

cal... the one other time you crossed me was by calling me a liar. You apologized... sort of... by saying you "did not mean to" and I accepted admitting I might have misinterpreted... and we moved on.

Your above edit lies about me... and there is no doubt about it in this case. You are the liar here.

First, is purely at cal. No longer will I restrain myself to dealing with your opinions and behaviors dealing with them while trying to avoid characterizing the person behind them. Starts with the above liar label and we'll see where it goes from here.

Second, well I'm afraid others may be collateral damage in this case, but I'm going to do what I can to take over your little playground here. How? Well you just have to wait for that to become apparent.

Wait...   you actually had a timer?

On 3/20/2020 at 11:17 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

I've been curious about who this politician is since you brought it up. I'm going to guess Reagan...

And curious you shall remain as this is not a guessing game, but I will grant you this one...

Nope, not Ronnie. In fact I voted for Reagan in 1980. But like "W", who I voted for in 2000, I did not vote either for a 2nd-term.

I just realized that until Obama I've never voted for a President twice... at least in consecutive elections... ;)

As I've posted here before I've been a staunch independent until recently. Something enabled by the fact that with one exception I am as far from a single-issue voter as one can be.

That one exception was my first vote, an anti-war vote for George McGovern over Nixon and his "secret plan to end the war." Talk about Presidential lies...

But I digress...

So guess no more... all will be ignored.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep, and I got TDS recently according to cal when I have made it quite clear multiple times it's a contempt for trumpy going into decades, not years. I thought he was a fraud long before cal thought he was a carnival barker. But that was before the brainwashing from the chronic pathological liar took it's toll on him. Nothing like a true believer.🤩

And now cal lies, too...

Odd how TDS got flipped to we non-believers isn't it?

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

your wanton threats are duly noted. I even put that part in reddish pink so you would know it was sarcasm.

meaning, you are feigning some kind of offense so you can have an excuse to the the usual liberal thing -

smart off to people on this forum, until you can try to get them kicked off the forum. It's what liberals do - all the way up to the dem leftists in Congress - demand control, even when they are not in control, like in the senate, and trying to neuter the office of the presidency. I thought you were jabbing at me over here out of goofiness.

Alas, you are acting like just another hateful liberal. You liberals "tease" anybody you want to, but you get it back, and you go

hater. If you want to live in a glass house, don't throw stones, Tour.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If it was a joke, then why not remove it, apologize and then explain that it was meant as a joke?

Do it, restate your case and I'll take your word for it.

Then let's move on with you remembering in the future that I am red-green colorblind... something I posted more than a few times on this board, but realize it's something few would remember even if they took the comment seriously...

Best offer you're going to get, cal.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If it was a joke, then why not remove it, apologize and then explain that it was meant as a joke?

it was sarcasm. I didn't say joke. Some sarcastic comments can be jokes. That wasn't, I was just getting smart back at you.

You don't screw with other people, you don't get it in return. Liberals do this so much on this forum.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Do it, restate your case and I'll take your word for it.

Then let's move on with you remembering in the future that I am red-green colorblind... something I posted more than a few times on this board, but realize it's something few would remember even if they took the comment seriously...

Best offer you're going to get, cal.

I don't see that you are red-green colorblind - I'll give you an example.

You never once cross Woodpecker on any of his posts. Now, you'll cross conservatives on their posts.

So, your claim about red-green, and your tendencies in posting are confusing. Let's leave it at that.

I generally just guess at your motivation for that, what I see as, "conflicting".

Have a nice day.

Whereas you cross other Trumptydumps all the time... lol...

It's a Trump circle jerk down here... but hardly a conservative in sight.

And colorblindness isn't a "claim"... it's a fact.

See ya round... Krelim...

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Whereas you cross other Trumptydumps all the time... lol...

It's a Trump circle jerk down here... but hardly a conservative in sight.

And colorblindness isn't a "claim"... it's a fact.

See ya round... Krelim...

I don't get into it with people who don't badly smart off to me. It's really very simple.

Your claim of "circle jerk" generally means "I can't win with emotions, so I get mad, take my keyboard and go home."

and, years ago, I took a color test. I was one of two in the history of that company that got a perfect score.

But I did put in LCD bulbs in this computer room, so there's that.

Lovely, you can see colors... depth perception was my special eyesight gift. I guess an inability to discern red form green was the price.

Sometimes you deserve being "smarted off to." Times like when you lie about people.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Lovely, you can see colors... depth perception was my special eyesight gift. I guess an inability to discern red form green was the price.

Sometimes you deserve being "smarted off to." Times like when you lie about people.

I might deserve it if you think just voicing my political opinions warrant it. That IS what liberals do, ya know. The old "hate conservatives who disagree with us" emotional knee jerkie. You do that too. My opinions. Have a nice day and don't get the virus.

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Look in the mirror, Kal...

But also you and the Mrs. stay healthy...

Well, you're relatively new here, Tour. I'm an old hand at being harassed for just being conservative from the old days.

I got into with Sheply back then, because he was emotionally unhinged as a poster. He was "terrified"...and "frightened",

etc etc etc. just because I politically disagreed with him. I just got to the point where I got back at him for his crap. Back then, "which came first, the chicken or the egg" was easy to discern. Not so much now.

You and yours stay safe, be careful and healthy - we'll all get over this.