THE BROWNS BOARD

Exemptions for Religious Institutions

MLD Woody

20 hours ago, Gorka said:

I Googled the quote. None of the above. It came from a defiant churchgoer insisting she cant get sick from CV.

Which puts us back on topic.

Ok?

Politicians on both sides say stupid shit. People say stupid shit.

I was joking in that either of those three said that exact line. But I'm sure I could find some stupid statement similar to it. 

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Ok?

Politicians on both sides say stupid shit. People say stupid shit.

I was joking in that either of those three said that exact line. But I'm sure I could find some stupid statement similar to it. 

OK with a question mark?

"People saying stupid shit" was not my reason for quoting the idiot democrat wearing the mask wrong. She just doesn't say stupid shit. She is stupid period. She is an elected official that we are supposed to be putting our trust in, not some common church goer, was my point.

So you respond with the "I'm saved by Jesus' blood" thing.

I respond with "which politician said that"? ...

You stated THAT YOU WOULD BET ON it being Huckabee, or Pence.

I responded saying that you were wrong.

Now you wanna say you were only kidding about that???

If Ann Coulter was right about anything she was spot on when she said "when debating a liberal they jump from one inane "point" to another so you really cant  nail them.

9 minutes ago, Gorka said:

OK with a question mark?

"People saying stupid shit" was not my reason for quoting the idiot democrat wearing the mask wrong. She just doesn't say stupid shit. She is stupid period. She is an elected official that we are supposed to be putting our trust in, not some common church goer, was my point.

So you respond with the "I'm saved by Jesus' blood" thing.

I respond with "which politician said that"? ...

You stated THAT YOU WOULD BET ON it being Huckabee, or Pence.

I responded saying that you were wrong.

Now you wanna say you were only kidding about that???

If Ann Coulter was right about anything she was spot on when she said "when debating a liberal they jump from one inane "point" to another so you really cant  nail them.

lol yes, I was joking.

I literally posted in here about watching the video of the church goers. That was where I saw video of the lady saying the line about "jesus's blood"

I clearly knew it was some random lady that said it, not a religious elected official.... because I started this thread...

The timeline wouldn't match up at all for me to honestly think any of those three would have said that phrase about the coronavirus

I mean, Rick Perry, through the government of Texas, tried to pray for rain to end a drought. That isn't a direct quote from him but it's pretty stupid. 

27 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I warned Americans this could happen in my new book, “Culture Jihad: How to Stop the Left From Killing a Nation.”

Oh geez ...

The mayor put a law in place and they broke it. 

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I warned Americans this could happen in my new book, “Culture Jihad: How to Stop the Left From Killing a Nation.”

Oh geez ...

The mayor put a law in place and they broke it. 

I don't know if you remember Woody but I posted about how our church was having services in the parking lot with everyone staying in their cars (like this church is doing) and you thought that was a responsible idea.

The point is all across the country there are some getting carried away with taking away personal freedom and rights to fight the coronavirus. 

37 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't know if you remember Woody but I posted about how our church was having services in the parking lot with everyone staying in their cars (like this church is doing) and you thought that was a responsible idea.

The point is all across the country there are some getting carried away with taking away personal freedom and rights to fight the coronavirus. 

Yeah, I think it's much more responsible than going in the church. But the mayor put a law in place and they broke it. The outcome isn't a surprise.

53 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah, I think it's much more responsible than going in the church. But the mayor put a law in place and they broke it. The outcome isn't a surprise.

If I recall, there IS a little blurb in the US Constitution about having the right to assemble.

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

If I recall, there IS a little blurb in the US Constitution about having the right to assemble.

"The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition.  It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. "

Does America enforce martial law?
Not in the US it doesn’t Especially since the majority of US troops would dessert or refuse to enforce martial law if they found it unconstitutional or immoral. Soldiers swear to protect the nation and the Constitution not serve a president or even their generals.

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

"The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition.  It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. "

Does America enforce martial law?
Not in the US it doesn’t Especially since the majority of US troops would dessert or refuse to enforce martial law if they found it unconstitutional or immoral. Soldiers swear to protect the nation and the Constitution not serve a president or even their generals.

I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (So help me God)."  

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (So help me God)."  

yep, and you know as well as I do:

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/military-orders-3332819

Lawful Orders

Military members failing to obey lawful orders issued by their superiors risk serious consequences. Article 90 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) outlines the crime of willful disobedience by a military member a superior commissioned officer. Article 91 covers willful disobedience of a superior Noncommissioned or Warrant Officer. Article 92 conveys what constitutes the crime of disobedience of any lawful order (the disobedience does not have to be "willful" under this article).

These articles require the obedience of LAWFUL orders. Not only should an unlawful order not be obeyed, obeying such an order can result in criminal prosecution. Military courts have long held that military members are accountable for their actions even while following orders.

People in the service have little knowledge of the constitution, they will obey direct orders from their superiors knowing that if they don't they will suffer the consequences.  I served as a Master at Arms my last 12 years the equivalent of Military Police in other services.  I stood balif at court martials, was on a deserter apprehension team, and was at hundreds and hundreds of Captains Mast (Article 15).  I'm quite familiar with the UCMJ.

actually, I know that from experience.

In basic training, one day, (have I told this one before?), we did all our cleaning up early one morning, fell out, and marched for a few hours, and stood at attention for something or another. And one of our TI's was running toward us. Yelling my name, ...he said he was going to kill me, blankety-blank, and he was serious. When he got close enough, my other not as mean TI and the TI of the flight next to us literally grabbed him and stopped him from getting to me. Seriously.

They talked him down, he walked away really po'd. So, the other one comes up to me and asked what the heck I did. I told him "Sir, I did nothing wrong, sir" and he looked at me, puzzled.

Later on, the TI walked into the cleaning supplies closet and went apecrap after closing the door. Screaming at me, told me I was going to be set back to the very first day, and his friend, a TI will never let me finish basic. He was really pizzed off.

Well, I don't know why. And every time he yelled, he got more irate. Turns out, after we fell out, some guy spilled water on the bathroom floor, and panicked, grabbed my perfectly wrung and COMBED strands mop off  the hanger, and used it, then threw it into the closet and fell out, last man to get down there.

So, he figured I did it. and we just so happened to have had an IG inspection. We flunked it because of the mop.

Now, for all those who were never in the service, etc, each can of comet had to be facing directly forward, a pencil width away from each other, each mop - the strands were actually combed straight, etc etc.

So, I wouldn't say I did it, and he blew up like a bomb, bumping into my chest and screaming he was giving me a direct order to admit it threw the wet nasty mop into the closet. He directly ordered me to say I did it.

So, despite having a terrific sense of humor, and being a great order follower, I got po'd right back him.

Ordering me to lie was an illegal order. So, I yelled right back into his face "SIR, I will not lie, I did not do it, SIR"

His red face turned enraged and a bit blue, he started screaming "that's it, you _))(*&)(*&, I'm having you court martialed, you just disobeyed my order!".

At that point, the other TI threw open the door and yelled at him that that was ENOUGH and to get out of there. He looked at me and shook his head like "what the hell is going on, I believe you".

So, my life was screwed up bad. My knee was acting up where it kept me up at night, etc, now I'm going to be courtmartialed... but I didn't quit. I kept right on doing my job, expecting to have MP's come get me and throw me into jail.

The next evening, I'm still doing my closet supplies job, and he came back in. I figured that was it. He closed the door behind him,

and quietly said we needed to have a talk, man to man. He said a lot of nice things about me, and I'm wondering what is going on.

He explained that the guilty party came forward and admitted he did it, only after several friends of mine told him to, or they would out him themselves. He said I was a heck of man to stand up to him. He said in his years, he never once had an airman yell back at him.

He said his order to get me to admit guilt was an illegal order, and he admired how I stood up to him.

As he left, he stopped, closed the door and came back up to me. He said, "oh, and airman... if you ever tell anybody I was wrong and apologized to you...I'll kill ya. He grinned and left.

You just are responsible for refusing to obey a LEGAL order. You just have to know the difference.

6 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

People in the service have little knowledge of the constitution, they will obey direct orders from their superiors knowing that if they don't they will suffer the consequences.  I served as a Master at Arms my last 12 years the equivalent of Military Police in other services.  I stood balif at court martials, was on a deserter apprehension team, and was at hundreds and hundreds of Captains Mast (Article 15).  I'm quite familiar with the UCMJ.

Of course you are - it takes a very obvious and clear cut illegality to refuse, I grant you that. War crimes - you follow an order and do it, you are guilty. My story above is a true story. You can't be ordered to falsely admit guilt. You'd get in trouble for upfront going with the lie after the facts came in. I was between a rock and a hard place, so I kept true to the truth.