THE BROWNS BOARD

Exemptions for Religious Institutions

MLD Woody

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I think the biggest majority of churches have been responsible about this with just a few exceptions. We have church Sundays in our parking lot where everyone remains in their cars and the pastor uses a loud speaker as well as live streaming on facebook. 

I for one do not understand how any pastor who cares about his congregation would have normal church services right now risking the health of those whom he is supposed to be caring for. It is irresponsible. I know I would not want that on my conscience by having normal church services during a flu pandemic that others suffered with getting the flu. 

https://local12.com/news/local/monroe-mayor-asks-solid-rock-church-to-stop-holding-in-person-services-cincinnati

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

At least he can attempt to be an equal opportunity religion basher...fair enough?

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

This confirms my suspicion that Woody didn’t dig very deep into the subject.

Are you not following my posts or just choosing to ignore them?

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I think the biggest majority of churches have been responsible about this with just a few exceptions. We have church Sundays in our parking lot where everyone remains in their cars and the pastor uses a loud speaker as well as live streaming on facebook. 

I for one do not understand how any pastor who cares about his congregation would have normal church services right now risking the health of those whom he is supposed to be caring for. It is irresponsible. I know I would not want that on my conscience by having normal church services during a flu pandemic that others suffered with getting the flu. 

Thank you OBF. I agree with you completely and I think that's a very wise alternative. 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So Baby Boomers were born between 1944 and 1964. Millennials are what, early 80s to early 2000?  1995 up until 2015 or so is Generation Z. Seems like there's a little bit of overlap?

For what it's worth.

WSS

How can we overlap?

Or are they just not sure on the year?

Also, I think new generations are being "created" even more frequently now. People my age are different than those a decade older than us but we're both millennials. Technology is changing rapidly and that is changing how we grow up. 

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

How can we overlap?

Or are they just not sure on the year?

a variety of sites have different numbers.

Also, I think new generations are being "created" even more frequently now. People my age are different than those a decade older than us but we're both millennials. Technology is changing rapidly and that is changing how we grow up. 

I would think that Reckless Behavior is commonplace to younger people going back to the days of the pyramids being built. Who knows?

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

wearing rubber gloves that do absolutely nothing. It makes them feel good.

wait a minute here. I wear nitrile gloves I use anyways for fertizlers etc in the garden, when we were flipping houses and

was working cleaning sinks etc, and you can just peel them off and toss them. I have a whole box of em. I got tired of scrubbing paint off my hands.

absolutely nothing? Wear them into the store, if the virus got on your hands, just peel them off, toss em in the garbage.

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Ok boomer

(and you're confusing millennials and gen z. But that's alright)

Excuse? They're kinda doing it to themselves

I'd ask you what you think but we already all normal yours taking your normal apathetic "we can't do anything about it anyway" stance. 

Unless you have something to add on this topic. In which case, go ahead. 

My thought Woody? By all means, the beach bums can all get infected, as well as the  Evangelicals. Hope not  too many of  them die, and increase the  herd immunity.  In the mean time, please stay out of my grocery store.  

Even this fearless guy is  starting to worry  a little bit about handling stuff there. Who stocked it?  Who was the last person rummaging through  those cucumbers? Sort of hard to lysol produce  when you  get home. 

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

And their good  Bishop essentially  flipped  them off. I wouldn't  wish it, but it would be  too  funny if  he contracts covid. They're  social  distancing now, at least. Time for another  lightning strike God? 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Reckless behavior?

No I'm talking about how different it is growing up now, vs 10 years ago, vs 20 years ago. Things are changing much more rapidly and it is affecting generations much more rapidly. New generations should be "created" more frequently now

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

My thought Woody? By all means, the beach bums can all get infected, as well as the  Evangelicals. Hope not  too many of  them die, and increase the  herd immunity.  In the mean time, please stay out of my grocery store.  

Even this fearless guy is  starting to worry  a little bit about handling stuff there. Who stocked it?  Who was the last person rummaging through  those cucumbers? Sort of hard to lysol produce  when you  get home. 

And their good  Bishop essentially  flipped  them off. I wouldn't  wish it, but it would be  too  funny if  he contracts covid. They're  social  distancing now, at least. Time for another  lightning strike God? 

And if it wasn't very contagious and if these people did nothing outside of their homes but church then I would agree with you.

Same with the idiot spring breakers. They're bringing that all back to their home states

8 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yes, I read your calling out of Evangelicals in your original post...or did you forget already?

That's true, but I took it to mean referring to a specific Evangelical Church, that's openly defiant. Personally, I wouldn't paint everyone of that religious persuasion with the same brush.  

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

wait a minute here. I wear nitrile gloves I use anyways for fertizlers etc in the garden, when we were flipping houses and

was working cleaning sinks etc, and you can just peel them off and toss them. I have a whole box of em. I got tired of scrubbing paint off my hands.

vv:

Maybe just a tiny bit better than absolutely nothing if you use them 100% correctly. Touch anything with those gloves your pants your cheek your forehead yourself wrist when you take off the second one any part of your clothing. You have defeated the purpose.

And the mask is just about as worthless.

WSS

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yes, I read your calling out of Evangelicals in your original post...or did you forget already?

Ok so you're just not following 

I referred to all religious institutions ignoring social distancing originally. 

Then I referred to a specific video I saw about Evangelical Christians. 

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Maybe just a tiny bit better than absolutely nothing if you use them 100% correctly. Touch anything with those gloves your pants your cheek your forehead yourself wrist when you take off the second one any part of your clothing. You have defeated the purpose.

WSS

Unless you managed to find one of those allocated N95 masks. I'll have to imagine the supply of masks at Sherwin Williams (useful if you're sanding paint with possible lead contamination) are long gone. I know Auto Zone had their supply of nitrile gloves (nice to use when you're changing oil) were completely sold out last week.  

Regarding glove use- you're mostly right Steve, but we're not talking about maintaining a sterile field. Certainly reduces the risk, if you're paranoid. My paranoia went up a notch wandering through the produce section today- may have to boycott it until the crisis dies (pun intended) down. Only buy stuff you can rinse, or stick with frozen veggies....  

It may get to the point I'll have to load one of those food buying apps, and pick up my stuff outside the store. FWIW, the clerk told me today Kroger's is going to start limiting the number of shoppers in their stores- starting tomorrow. The fun just keeps on coming.... 

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Unless you managed to find one of those allocated N95 masks. I'll have to imagine the supply of masks at Sherwin Williams (useful if you're sanding paint with possible lead contamination) are long gone. I know Auto Zone had their supply of nitrile gloves (nice to use when you're changing oil) were completely sold out last week.  

like the doctor said yesterday when they asshole asked him why he wasn't wearing a mask. He flat out told him the mask was to keep an infected person from spitting out germs in his breath oh, it's for the protection of others not for the protection of the guy wearing the mask. And as the doctor said he had just been tested and found clear so there was no reason for him to wear a mask.

Regarding glove use- you're mostly right Steve, but we're not talking about maintaining a sterile field. Certainly reduces the risk, if you're paranoid. My paranoia went up a notch wandering through the produce section today- may have to boycott it until the crisis dies (pun intended) down. Only buy stuff you can rinse, or stick with frozen veggies....  

I'm not paranoid at all I'm just scolding the people that think gloves make them safe. The germs transfer from a glove just as easy or easier than they do from a human hand. The idea is to keep them off your eyes nose mouth. And the cashier wearing gloves is still touching every piece of merchandise as she puts it in the bag.

It may get to the point I'll have to load one of those food buying apps, and pick up my stuff outside the store. FWIW, the clerk told me today Kroger's is going to start limiting the number of shoppers in their stores- starting tomorrow. The fun just keeps on coming.... 

WSS

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Not these idiots, I'm talking about the N95 masks and people who know what the fuck they're doing.

Exactamundo. There's some (incompletely documented) research out there that corona is transmitted by droplets- the big stuff you spew when you sneeze or cough. Aerosols (think fog) not so much. Hence the keep six feet away- the heavy stuff doesn't stay airborne very long. 

And as Steve was saying- that grocery worker wearing gloves had better sanitize their gloves on a regular basis, or they're just contaminating everything. Time for an inservice on exactly what sterile technique is. I pointed out- unless it's bagged, a lot of stuff in the produce section better be treated with suspicion. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

This all day. I see people wearing gloves and just contaminating the hell out of everything but at least their palms are clean?

Without gloves, you become far more conscious of what you touch. Wash your hands and keep distance. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This all day. I see people wearing gloves and just contaminating the hell out of everything but at least their palms are clean?

Without gloves, you become far more conscious of what you touch. Wash your hands and keep distance. 

Thank you logic. I think the Surgeon General dr. Faucci  and hundreds of other medical professionals were completely correct and that Tucker Carlson is wrong on this account. Should medical professionals wear masks? Yes. They see dozens of patients every day. If they are one of the 80% of people who could possibly carry the virus without symptoms a mask would help keep that virus from blowing on to another patient's face. In that sense the mask is a good thing. For the other 99.9% of Americans do exactly what logic said.

WSS

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

E4C3F8AA-CF83-4BA0-A761-2ACB5858D9BC.jpeg

" I stand here as a freed slave"...wearing a mask wrong.

"Today there are two Vietnams, North and South..."

"Where on Mars did they plant the flag?"

"Hurricane names are racist because they only given white names"..

"I fear the island will tip over and capsize"...oh wait that was said by another democrat. lol

Whats next from ol Sheila..."It is of the utmost urgency Corona beer be taken off the shelves"?

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

"I fear the island will tip over and capsize"...oh wait that was said by another democrat. lol

Whats next from ol Sheila..."It is of the utmost urgency Corona beer be taken off the shelves"?

so much worse than stupid, I don't believe there is even a word for it. Ranks up there with

"I'm concerned that the island of Guam is going to tip over"....

and

"I've been to 57 states".... lol

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

so much worse than stupid, I don't believe there is even a word for it. Ranks up there with

"I'm concerned that the island of Guam is going to tip over"....

and

"I've been to 57 states".... lol

I mentioned that...second line from bottom.

4 minutes ago, Gorka said:

I mentioned that...second line from bottom.

yeah, but I repeated it in my point because it was just SO GOOD. and so STUPID. lol

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

"I'm protected by the blood of Jesus. I can't get sick."