THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

In the course of  Pro football history,  there are 8 teams that have LOST   5 or more championship games....be they Super Bowls or NFL or AFL or AAFC title games.

Name these 8 teams.

Answers:

NY Giants   14 title game losses.  Pre-SB  NFL title games,   1 Super Bowl

Bears    10.......9 pre SB NFL,   1 SB

Washington Redskins ....4 Pre SB  NFL.....2 SBs

LA Rams   6 title game losses.....3 Pre SB NFL....3 SBs

Patriots.....5    All SB losses

Broncos.....5   All SB losses

Packers.....5   4 Pre SB  NFL......1 Super Bowl

Browns.....5....All Pre SB NFL losses. 

Note:  Chargers lost 3 AFL title games and 1 SB

Here is today's Trivia Question:

Since the onset of the Common Draft...i.e.  when NFL and AFL combined their drafts in 1966......there have been   10  colleges who have had   3 or more Quarterbacks  drafted in the First Round of the draft. 

Name those  10 colleges. 

8 hours ago, Richiswhere said:

Miami of Florida

Ohio State

Oklahoma

USC

UCLA

Stanford

Washington State

Check on those highlighted.   No on OSU (only Schlichter/Haskins).    Miami Fla.  is not one of the Ten......but a special case:  only 2 QBs in round one of regular draft  (Kelly/Testaverde)....but they did have two QBs taken in Round one of Supplemental drafts:   Bernie and Steve Walsh. So, no as far as regular draft is concerned. 

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Oregon  Fouts, Harrington, & Mariota.

Alabama Namath, Todd, & Stabler

Check on Oregon....they have actually had 4....but FYI, Fouts was not one of them....while he has been the best Oregon QB, he was only a  3rd round pick.      No on Alabama  (only Todd.....Namath was pre-Common draft era....Stabler was a Round 2 pick....and FYI...Bart Starr, Alabama HOF...5 championships?   #200....17th round in his day)

4 more schools.

The University of California had a bunch. 

Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, Steve Bartkowski, Craig Morton and who could forget our favorite Santa Claus - Kyle Boller?  I think they had 1 more - Rich Campbell but you might want to double-check my memory of the last name.

31 minutes ago, Flugel said:

The University of California had a bunch. 

Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, Steve Bartkowski, Craig Morton and who could forget our favorite Santa Claus - Kyle Boller?  I think they had 1 more - Rich Campbell but you might want to double-check my memory of the last name.

Check....and you got the names....though Morton was Pre-Common draft.....taken in last year before draft merger, 1965. (he was pick 5 in NFL draft, pick 75 in AFL draft