THE BROWNS BOARD

So are these bad scientists or or good

What's that old saying... something like  "you can use numbers to say anything you want"

The plain truth is, a regular flu is more intestinal, and this covid19 is more respiratory.

Far more contagious. A regular flu virus floats to the floor in minutes I've read? and covid takes a few hrs?

I don't see much point in proving that a lot of people die from both - usually the infirm = with other health problems.

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

What's that old saying... something like  "you can use numbers to say anything you want"

The plain truth is, a regular flu is more intestinal, and this covid19 is more respiratory.

Far more contagious. A regular flu virus floats to the floor in minutes I've read? and covid takes a few hrs?

I don't see much point in proving that a lot of people die from both - usually the infirm = with other health problems.

Bullshit.  The flu is also respiratory, not intestinal.

image.jpeg.a142a97f83f97f466b23919791d9cf67.jpeg
Influenza is a respiratory illness. Symptoms of flu include fever, headache, extreme tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, and muscle aches. Children can have additional gastrointestinal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, but these symptoms are uncommon in adults.

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Influenza is a respiratory illness. Symptoms of flu include fever, headache, extreme tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, and muscle aches. Children can have additional gastrointestinal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, but these symptoms are uncommon in adults.

I don't see "shortness of breath" or "lung damage" anywhere there. What being referred to, is not the typical flu.

It's respiratory syncytial virus. It's flu LIKE. Not the same.

https://www.self.com/story/respiratory-syncytial-virus-flu-like-illness

Respiratory Syncytial Virus Is the Flu-Like Illness You Haven't Heard About

"As with a mild cold or flu, respiratory syncytial virus symptoms usually include a runny nose, decrease in appetite, coughing, sneezing, fever, and wheezing, the CDC says. So, it can be tough to distinguish RSV from other upper respiratory infections at first glance. And, like those other illnesses, RSV can spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes. You can also get it from kissing the face of a child who has RSV.

Because of the overlap with the flu in both symptoms and timing, your doctor (or your child's) will have to be careful when figuring out a diagnosis.

RSV cases tend to spike at a certain times of year depending on where you live, and RSV season usually overlaps with flu season. For example, in 2016, RSV season started around mid-September to mid-November in various parts of the country, peaked anywhere from late December to mid-February 2017, and tapered off around mid-April to mid-May, according to CDC data."

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That's the problem with this bug  as I  see it  Steve. Damn near 100% of people who have the  flu know that they have it. If we're  seeing a  vast majority of the cases being  minor or  asymptomatic well,  was it worth it shutting down the  world  for months? 

It sure  caused major problems in Italy,  NYC, and nursing  homes though.  

• Upvote 1

Being that it is highly contagious, resulting in millions more possibly having it that are undiagnosed and asymptomatic, the mortality rate is nothing.

I'm not going to say the first illustration is "wrong", it is what it is: the mortality rate of those diagnosed and treated for it.

But certainly it can be highly misleading...

Like Hoorta said, you know when you have the flu, therefore the mortality rate is far more accurate.

wrong2.jpg

But to throw a wrench into this, how are "assumed positives" to be determined?

I'm convinced that the only ones needing to be locked up are the old folks for their own safety.

Has anyone seen the latest COVID commercial by the Surgeon General? It was aimed at only the old folks.

He clearly states, and I quote "IF YOU ARE 65 OR OLDER" to stay indoors and to practice social distancing if you have to go out.

Never did he suggest or even imply that this should pertain to everyone.

Just now, Gorka said:

I'm convinced that the only ones needing to be locked up are the old folks for their own safety.

exactly.

Has anyone seen the latest COVID commercial by the Surgeon General? It was aimed at only the old folks.

He clearly states, and I quote "IF YOU ARE 65 OR OLDER" to stay indoors and to practice social distancing if you have to go out.

Never did he suggest or even imply that this should pertain to everyone.

no doubt that makes the most sense. Like hoorta said earlier about nursing homes being hard hit well no shit. First of all nursing homes are staffed by people with very little training probably getting paid slightly more than minimum wage. And people in nursing homes are probably 15 or 20 years older than the 65 here guideline the Surgeon General suggest.

WSS

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

no doubt that makes the most sense. Like hoorta said earlier about nursing homes being hard hit well no shit. First of all nursing homes are staffed by people with very little training probably getting paid slightly more than minimum wage. And people in nursing homes are probably 15 or 20 years older than the 65 here guideline the Surgeon General suggest.

WSS

And even if they were better trained, it takes only 1 young asymptomatic staffer to reek havoc in a nursing home.

• Thanks 1