THE BROWNS BOARD

Back to work slackers

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

It was on AOL too Steve. Said it in another thread- we're going to have to make a decision soon- how many people deaths are we going to tolerate to avoid total economic death?  

Though I lost the copy- Ohio has done blanket testing in the prison system. This is one weird virus. Anywhere from a lot of asymptomatic cases to one guard- dead. 

I'll go out on a limb a little and say this may well be the case in the general population too. The diagnosed and severe symptom ICU cases could well be just the tip of the iceberg above water- and 90% have it unseen, and don't even know it. 

29 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It was on AOL too Steve. Said it in another thread- we're going to have to make a decision soon- how many people deaths are we going to tolerate to avoid total economic death?  

Though I lost the copy- Ohio has done blanket testing in the prison system. This is one weird virus. Anywhere from a lot of asymptomatic cases to one guard- dead. 

I'll go out on a limb a little and say this may well be the case in the general population too. The diagnosed and severe symptom ICU cases could well be just the tip of the iceberg above water- and 90% have it unseen, and don't even know it. 

Yes I had to do a search for another outlet that had the same story.

WSS

7 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

No amount of lives are worth total economic collapse that it will take literal generations to crawl out of. 

I'm on the fence about this. I'll reserve judgement until we have a handle on the number & percentage of undiagnosed cases running around out there. It is scary- both United States and world wide the ratio of diagnosed cases to deaths is at least 5%.  I don't see it happening,  but in a worst case scenario 5% of the US population is 16 million. So Feds and governors- pick a number of fatalities you can live with without totally tanking the economy. 

With a population of around 10 million people (around that of metro LA).  Also, they have been practicing 'social distancing', unlike the dumb ass Trumptards who wave flags and suck on trumps nuts.

Edit:  Metro LA has 

Los Angeles/Metro population

U.S.: 2nd

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

Recall Sweden never ordered a lockdown. All businesses up and running.

It's a good thing Sweden implemented the lockdown, or it would have fared much worse than the UK.

Oh wait, it never did.

UK-and-Sweden-Cases-Per-Million.png

I would say using Sweden compared to England is an apples to oranges comparison. Pretty easy to do "social distancing" in Sweden- if you look at a Google map, outside of Stockholm- there's a whole lot of nothing there.

Stockholm's population of 900k is roughly that of Hamilton County Ohio. London alone almost equals the entire population of Sweden. Could it just maybe be population density is a factor how fast the virus spreads?   

Pretty easy calculation- 10 million people, 40 cases per million- 400 cases. FWIW, that's about the same number of total covid cases here in the good old USA in Montana.  :)   

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I would say using Sweden compared to England is an apples to oranges comparison.

You're right. Which is why I posted an article comparing Sweden to other Nordic countries that did put social distancing measures in place.