THE BROWNS BOARD

And how ridiculous is this?

[Disclaimer, this might be total bullshit and my friend might be either stupid or lying.  But...] 

So I understand some people like to be controlled and feel more comfortable that way. Quick anecdote. Friend was at the hardware store the other day and they had the gardening equipment and the barbecue grills cordoned off. Apparently governor DeWhine has decided it shouldn't be sold. Can anyone here think of the slightest reason for that? I mean you're already in the hardware store. One would imagine that growing food or even flowers in one's Garden would be a pretty solitary activity as would cooking your own damn food on a grill. If you are one of the fear mongers, or pretending to be one, how the hell does this make the slightest bit of sense?

WSS

Hardware stores here were declared essential as were multiple "fix it" type businesses in this county. Our county (Republican) judge set all very reasonable parameters for shelter in place that were weeks ahead of our slow draw Governor and our "death is a good thing" Lt. Gov. Even restaurants can sell both prepared food and groceries (food from their suppliers already contracted) in drive through or drive up manner. 

You can even get handed keys for a test drive at open dealerships or bring it in for repair as I did this week. Everyone had masks and gloves of some kind and we all kept social distance in place. Out of courtesy I also wore a mask for the protection of the dealership & their customers. I do the same when we go for takeout. Even bought a bottle of wine at a nearby vintner where they had 3 long tables enclosing the inside of an entryway with hand sanitizers on each table. Ordered what I wanted and a woman put on her mask & gloves, took a bottle out of the 12 case wooden packaging and place it in a plastic bag that came right out of the cardboard bag holder it came in. Then she placed it on the table. She backed away and I placed what I owed her as I picked up the bag and left the change as a tip.

One of the reasons our county has really leveled off is because everyone is trying to do it right and everyone is trying to frequent any business that is still open which also is trying to do it right. We accelerated cases and deaths for about the first two weeks of the new order, but now have stayed almost even with just over 150 cases and no more than the initial 4 deaths in over two weeks now.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hardware stores here were declared essential as were multiple "fix it" type businesses in this county. Our county (Republican) judge set all very reasonable parameters for shelter in place that were weeks ahead of our slow draw Governor and our "death is a good thing" Lt. Gov. Even restaurants can sell both prepared food and groceries (food from their suppliers already contracted) in drive through or drive up manner. 

You can even get handed keys for a test drive at open dealerships or bring it in for repair as I did this week. Everyone had masks and gloves of some kind and we all kept social distance in place. Out of courtesy I also wore a mask for the protection of the dealership & their customers. I do the same when we go for takeout. Even bought a bottle of wine at a nearby vintner where they had 3 long tables enclosing the inside of an entryway with hand sanitizers on each table. Ordered what I wanted and a woman put on her mask & gloves, took a bottle out of the 12 case wooden packaging and place it in a plastic bag that came right out of the cardboard bag holder it came in. Then she placed it on the table. She backed away and I placed what I owed her as I picked up the bag and left the change as a tip.

One of the reasons our county has really leveled off is because everyone is trying to do it right and everyone is trying to frequent any business that is still open which also is trying to do it right. We accelerated cases and deaths for about the first two weeks of the new order, but now have stayed almost even with just over 150 cases and no more than the initial 4 deaths in over two weeks now.

we took our car in, didn't wear masks, but when anyone hands them the keys, the attendant has a couple of bleach wipes the keys go directly into and they are cleaned. This place - is sterilized professionally every morning and evening and few customers. A few more came in yesterday, so maybe today when we pick it up ... but everyone working there is perfectly healthy. One service guy wore a mask. some wear gloves. If they do go ahead and have our usual yearly big campout - I wonder how it will be different to be safe.

I'll be they will have servers at the pot luck, instead of everybody serving themselves... we don't have the luxury of taking it all for granted now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No. You're confusing why weed stores are open with why liquor stores are open...

No I know liquor is addictive as well as Pot must be if people can't do without recreational Pot.

2 minutes ago, Vambo said:

No I know liquor is addictive as well as Pot must be if people can't do without recreational Pot.

And why can they not do without it? Because the store is open? Pretty weak cause and effect argument there. 

Medicinal. 

That's why it is open.

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And why can they not do without it? Because the store is open? Pretty weak cause and effect argument there. 

Medicinal. 

That's why it is open.

Yeah right 90% just get high not for medical reasons they are hooked and cannot do without.

8 minutes ago, Axe said:

Pot isn't addictive.

Then it shouldn't be considered essential people should be able to do without recreational Pot just my opinion. 

i don't think the drug is addictive i think the high is addictive.

Just now, Vambo said:

Then it shouldn't be considered essential people should be able to do without recreational Pot just my opinion. 

In states where it is legal, I disagree.. I don't smoke but if it's legal then I see no reason to stomp on the people's right to obtain and use it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Axe said:

In states where it is legal, I disagree.. I don't smoke but if it's legal then I see no reason to stomp on the people's right to obtain and use it.

Not at the same time they can't buy other products such as seeds to plant a garden for food.  People have the right to purchase anything that's not illegal but some are not considered essential.

Weed may be "physically" non-habit forming short term, but anything that invokes a dopamine response can exhibit long term affects and develop a certain level of addiction in time.

I.e. you'll notice the difference in long term users re: irritability when high v not. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Weed may be "physically" non-habit forming short term, but anything that invokes a dopamine response can exhibit long term affects and develop a certain level of addiction in time.

I.e. you'll notice the difference in long term users re: irritability when high v not. 

🤣

Key words being "may" and "can"

Where did you read this bullshit?🤣

36 minutes ago, Axe said:

🤣

Key words being "may" and "can"

Where did you read this bullshit?🤣

Pretty simple science.  Anything that triggers neurotransmitters can lead to either physical addiction or addiction like symptoms.

Oh and, I'm cool with legalization so it's not like I'm anti weed.

Edit: for example, sugar consumption has been shown to be addictive-like in many people.   Weed is no stretch to believe otherwise.

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Pretty simple science.  Anything that triggers neurotransmitters can lead to either physical addiction or addiction like symptoms.

Oh and, I'm cool with legalization so it's not like I'm anti weed.

Edit: for example, sugar consumption has been shown to be addictive-like in many people.   Weed is no stretch to believe otherwise.

Sugar most certainly has an addictive quality probably so too salt Etc. On the other hand often Americans like to blame irresponsible behavior on addiction. Hard to dispute when you see people like Josh Gordon toss way multimillion-dollar careers because they can't stay away from weed. I'm sure there are people who take oxy everyday and can still function.

But I didn't fail to notice the hijack weed weed weed weed weed. I still think it's stupid to rope off barbecue grills. When people panic they do ridiculous and pointless things.

WSS

https://www.webmd.com/lung/how-long-covid-19-lives-on-surfaces

One silly explanation was that somebody said the virus could live for a long. Of time on stainless steel hence the quarantining oh grills.

I didn't notice hear how long it can last on rubber gloves the people apparently wear for their entire shift

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-the-danger-of-latex-gloves-134701

WSS