THE BROWNS BOARD

Jason Peters For Depth ?

darren15

Jared Mueller

@JaredKMueller
· 24m
The Browns have added Jack Conklin in free agency and Jedrick Wills with the tenth pick in the 2020 NFL Draft but could still be looking to improve their offensive line, report is that they are still in contact with Jason Peters https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Report-Browns-Remain-in-Contact-With-Jason-Peters-147078812/

4 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Peter's, Bitonio, Tretter, Wills, Conklin. That would be a ridiculous line. Also gives Wills a season to acclimate at a much less crucial position.

Why the hell would I draft a kid top 10, move him inside to guard and further hinder developing him at the position he was originally drafted to play?   Makes zero long term sense. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Louisville Slugger said:

If they really are interested in peters than that's what I'm guessing their plan would be. Put the best 5 out there. I would rather have him in there as a guard then riding the pine. I thought he was an elite guard prospect anyways. 

I think you are mixing him up with the kid from Iowa - Wilfs. 

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Not exactly my idea of a "depth" signing.  

insurance man what if wills is not ready (no training camp) or if someone gets hurt, I believe this has been discussed all ready  and if the price is right well the hell not ?

21 minutes ago, ATOM said:

insurance man what if wills is not ready (no training camp) or if someone gets hurt, I believe this has been discussed all ready  and if the price is right well the hell not ?

i  love quoting myself 

buy the right price i mean league vet low cost floor

Berry may have his past Philly toe in the water?...but he should not be as $$ desperate as some other teams might be.. https://profootballrumors.com/2020/05/latest-on-jason-peters-market  Peters has suitors, as he should...     

19 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Peter's, Bitonio, Tretter, Wills, Conklin. That would be a ridiculous line. Also gives Wills a season to acclimate at a much less crucial position.

Only thing that makes sense of the pursuit...

And Wills would not be the first OT to start as an OG at the Pro level.

Just feels premature... like one of those "last piece" moves teams on the verge of a SB run make... and that's not the verge we are on.

Can't even think of an OG free agent.. Thuney was franchised so of course he's no longer an option.  Cordy Glenn? Demar Dotson? For that position we have who we have, because no replacements are coming.

And even though Peters is 38, he clearly won the genetic lottery because he's somehow still blocking at a Pro Bowl level.. he's not playing backup or OG, no way nohow.

There's are several few, but slim-pickens for scheme fit, starter quality and health.

Kline jumps out, but if Stef hasn't pushed us to make a play for him by now, there must be a reason.

image.png.0fe4f943f654d063edf5c37cefc6abee.png

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/