THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

Do you ever wonder why there is no love in your heart?

Do you ever wonder why there is little intelligence in your brain?

Actually, don't bother answering... I don't care. 

• Haha 1

Someday, we'll all learn the lesson: Don't engage the bad-faith debater on his terms.

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

Do you ever wonder why there is no love in your heart?

Ad hominem.

The reason he has no point is that every single thing he posts is a logical fallacy -- those links by themselves are an "appeal to authority" as is his obsession with Cowherd: "It must be true because __ said it / posted it"

Or the strawman arguments, or the appeal to ignorance [to knock down doctors..], or the slippery slopes [Lockdowns are happening because BILL GATES], or the circular/bandwagon arguments [People disagree therefore they're right because as you can see they disagree and freedumb!].

He hasn't used the bifurcation fallacy but I'm sure that's on deck also.  He won't use alphabet soup because that would require independent thought - unless he copy-pastes it from another forum which I wouldn't put past him.

Trying to engage with him is like trying to nail Jello to a wall..

3 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Someday, we'll all learn the lesson: Don't engage the bad-faith debater on his terms.

The British View might help.🤣

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gorka said:

Yes many are losing money, but that doesn't dismiss the fact hospitals made "huge" dollars by exaggerating CV...which is mandated.

Setting aside the opening contradiction for the moment...

I want to know who issued the mandate.

11 hours ago, Icecube said:

Oh, I know hospitals are generally empty now

Data?

Corrupt to the core. 

I see no reason to bring Pompeo into this discussion.

• Haha 2

No worries Gunz, this is what Gip does when he is called to task: retreat and hide. 

Trust me... that ain't in his repertoire.

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

I love it when folks don't read what they post...

"And at the end of the day, cloth masks in my opinion don’t work in any form. They aren’t very good at source control, except for maybe very large particles. And they should not be used in healthcare settings for a number of reasons. Surgical masks, I decided, based on the literature, might have a role as source control for people who have symptoms. Say if they’re staying home and they have some symptoms. They shouldn’t be something you’d wear if you have symptoms going out into the public because you shouldn’t be going out into the public service. But it’s a good option for patients to wear in healthcare settings where they—especially for those who are experiencing symptoms—to what I would call diminish the viral load. Basically, decrease the amount of particles, infectious particles in the air in a healthcare setting. So, at the end of the day, the only thing that provides personal protection for the person wearing the mask is a respirator. And that is the thing that healthcare workers should be wearing."

Also love articles whose writers don't know how to use a "return key". That said...

What we have here is an opinion piece, a "thought experiment"... and it ain't Einstein level... hell, it's barely coherent... which concludes:

• cloth masks don't effectively protect the wearer... something already known and accepted.
  • if cloth masks do eliminate "very  large particles" (and they do... as well as large particles... medium large ones... medium ones... medium small) in the wearers exhalations, then they work.
  • surgical masks do protect wearers and are effective in reducing spread by the infected, a/k/a "reduce the viral load"... again something already known.
  • respirators are best.

So rather than call for respirators, or at minimum surgical masks, to be available for the public, you chose to jump on a headline to support an asinine position that cloth masks aren't worth the trouble.

I only hope that like nickers, your position is not your practice.

55 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

the bifurcation fallacy

Isn't that one of Hannity's favorites?

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Setting aside the opening contradiction for the moment...

I want to know who issued the mandate.

I don't believe it is mandated but maybe Gorka will prove me wrong.  However it is a fact that hospitals receive more money (39k) from insurances if a "covid" patient is put on a respirator. I believe they only receive something like 13k normally for patients on respirators. 

Source:  my girlfriend who is a respiration therapist at a big hospital in Columbus. 

Edit

Also if you look at the number of flu,  cold, pneumonia, deaths after this policy was put into effect they have dramatically decreased compared to "normal" statistics from previous years. 

12 hours ago, nickers said:

To me.. Transmittable is about the same.. your still catching something from someone..... The brutal truth is.. it can be spread.. The vehicle in how it gets there is minute to me.. if you can sense perfume through a mask.. Chances are it (A Mask) cannot prevent much else either..

You see, here is ANOTHER example of using a bad talking point for your argument. There is a BIG difference to me (and most people) in how these things are contracted. With something like AIDS, it is because of a person's ACTIONS. And with this, it can just be by leaving your house or being within 6 ft. of an infected person.

Its simple cause and effect.

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No, its what I do when I get bored.  Same as anyone really.   I am not actually contesting a lot of what Gunz says.  Of course he kind of argues out of both sides of his cheeks, which is fine.  With him, it is just somewhat tiresome. 

With you....on the other hand...while your continued mendacity can also be ponderous, it can also occasionally be so ubiquitous as to be slightly amusing. 

So, lets do this:   add to things:    Are you like certain people I know who argue that   "these coronavirus numbers should not be considered right, because most of those cases involve  prisons,  nursing homes, and meat packing plants  and should not be counted as real people dying".  (this person lives in Tennessee, and makes out how Tenn. has been so great when you don't have to count those people, which I guess he does not see as actual human beings)

https://www.the-sun.com/news/819692/kentucky-tennessee-kansas-spike-coronavirus-cases-ease-lockdowns/

I don't know that what I have written is out of both sides of mouth. It may be that I would agree with one "side" on something and the other on another topic. To me (and maybe I have misinterpreted all my life), talking out of both sides of my mouth would be "I hate LeBron, I love LeBron".

14 hours ago, Icecube said:

No worries Gunz, this is what Gip does when he is called to task: retreat and hide. 

Yeah, I haven't noticed Gip retreat and hide. He may do other things, but I don't see that

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Ad hominem.

The reason he has no point is that every single thing he posts is a logical fallacy -- those links by themselves are an "appeal to authority" as is his obsession with Cowherd: "It must be true because __ said it / posted it"

Or the strawman arguments, or the appeal to ignorance [to knock down doctors..], or the slippery slopes [Lockdowns are happening because BILL GATES], or the circular/bandwagon arguments [People disagree therefore they're right because as you can see they disagree and freedumb!].

He hasn't used the bifurcation fallacy but I'm sure that's on deck also.  He won't use alphabet soup because that would require independent thought - unless he copy-pastes it from another forum which I wouldn't put past him.

https://factly.in/the-video-shows-bodies-of-african-migrants-who-died-in-a-boat-wreck-in-2014-not-of-covid-19/

But you fell for that one, and all the nonsense about "piles of bodies" in NY. Uneal. 

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I don't believe it is mandated but maybe Gorka will prove me wrong.  However it is a fact that hospitals receive more money (39k) from insurances if a "covid" patient is put on a respirator. I believe they only receive something like 13k normally for patients on respirators. 

Source:  my girlfriend who is a respiration therapist at a big hospital in Columbus. 

Edit

Also if you look at the number of flu,  cold, pneumonia, deaths after this policy was put into effect they have dramatically decreased compared to "normal" statistics from previous years. 

And, ummmm, some in here won't even grasp the significance of that. 

45 minutes ago, Icecube said:

No obvious joking; you have wished death on me 3-4 times in this thread. Your heart seems dark. 

I didn't wish it.  I merely commented that your cavalier attitude could make you more susceptible to the possibility.   What I said was that I would put roses on your grave...if/when it did happen. 

Actually, it seems that your heart is the one that is dark to your own well being.  

So, I won't worry about you any more. 

32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I didn't wish it.  I merely commented that your cavalier attitude could make you more susceptible to the possibility.   What I said was that I would put roses on your grave...if/when it did happen. 

Actually, it seems that your heart is the one that is dark to your own well being.  

So, I won't worry about you any more. 

It's the old tap dance Tommy and his band of moving goal posts. I wish I could see you in public: surgical mask and hat, big rubber gloves, shoe covers, big foam ring worn around waist. I bet it's one funny scene. 

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

It's the old tap dance Tommy and his band of moving goal posts. I wish I could see you in public: surgical mask and hat, big rubber gloves, shoe covers, big foam ring worn around waist. I bet it's one funny scene. 

I do wear masks, and gloves. I look like every other responsible person out there. 

Let me ask you this:    You are in line at a store, ready to check out. You are standing right next the person in front of you, like within 2 feet.  That person in front of you in line, also not wearing a mask,  turns their head to avoid doing so toward the cashier, but then coughs essentially right in your face. 

Tell me that would not bother you one bit. 

39 minutes ago, Icecube said:

And, ummmm, some in here won't even grasp the significance of that. 

Just to go off the talking narrative since the beginning (which for a vast majority is true) that it is like the flu, even from the Presidents mouth.

So since its like the flu, most with symptoms are like the flu/pneumonia, when someone dies right now, how do YOU suggest it be classified? Do we pick half of them as Flu and half Covid? 

And then there is the fact that a lot of these people who "died of other causes, but are classified Covid" actually TESTED POSITIVE. And that isn't even factoring in cause and effect of how Covid could even possibly exacerbate the other conditions.

I am simply going by your words/postings here about how convenient it is flu etc. is way down.

So since YOU brought it up, how would YOU classify them? 

And since you called out Gipper for it (incorrectly), don't retreat and hide from answering 

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Data?

I see no reason to bring Pompeo into this discussion.

I can just use the Data of one- my wife's hospital, where she sees see occupied beds, and it's down- way down...  

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not to worry. Trumpy is ordering CDC to say that churches can now safely open. Right from the highest Scientologist I think.😂

Well, the Catholic Churches SW Ohio, Northern Kentucky will open soon. Every third row, please wear a mask if you can.  The Bishop of Minneapolis did have a point about defying the governor- no more than 10 people in a Cathedral that seats 2,000? Please. 

5 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I wonder where that reimbursement difference is coming from. You'd have to work in billing, not respiratory therapy to get that info....  Belief isn't fact. 

4 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I don't know that what I have written is out of both sides of mouth. It may be that I would agree with one "side" on something and the other on another topic. To me (and maybe I have misinterpreted all my life), talking out of both sides of my mouth would be "I hate LeBron, I love LeBron".

Yeah, I haven't noticed Gip retreat and hide. He may do other things, but I don't see that

He doesn't hide in that he stops posting, he hides in that he moves goal posts every time he is busted being wrong.