THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Someone had to ask: What is wrong with you? 

Blame, lie, deflect. Straight out the book. Your football "sauces" are complete and utter bullshit and no one beside nicker believes any of the BS you get called out on. Which is ironic because he clearly is your source and is literally the 1 single people that agrees with the constant Bullshit you spew.

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2020 at 3:59 PM, Icecube said:

<long whistle sound> Tell me what "lies"I tried to sell people? Are you confusing "opinions" as anything than what they are? Let's just say if you are seeking approval and self-validation from an Internet sports message board, you might be in for a lot of disappointment in life. If you seek to take anyone "serious" from a message board, then, well, good luck to yea. Do you also look to take callers on talk sports radio "serious" as well? No difference. Bizarre. 

I think the numbers game regarding covid has been turned into a political football, so believe whichever numbers float your boat. 

17 hours ago, nickers said:

The flue is contagious.. Zika is contagious.. colds are contagious... Sars is contagious... West Nile is contagious..Swine flu is contagious.... Ebola is contagious.. Ecoli is contagious.. Bacteria is contagious.. And so on.. You can't save everybody.... Sweden did Herd Immunity.. and they came out ok... But keep believing this SCAMDEMIC all you like... its a free country... How long do think you can keep kids penned up until they lose they're own natural Immunity fight to germs, viruses and other Contagion?... Your own Immune system is your best defense.. Quit believing the stupid lies like a bunch of sheeple...

EDIT: Measles, whooping cough, malaria, AIDS, SARS, etc,....all still exist. Science hasn't figured out a way to eradicate a virus yet,...just how to treat it--which is awesome mind us all!

I'll just say this Nickers- a lot of the diseases or viruses you mention aren't nearly as easily transmittable as covid. You need direct contact with Ebola, or something contaminated with (usually poop) to come down with E Coli. AIDS only by direct body fluid transmission. You can't get HIV standing next to someone in a grocery checkout. The big problem with covid is it's disturbing capacity for some individuals to be infectious as hell, yet show no symptoms. One other disease did that- I just got my memory jogged about "Typhoid Mary". OTOH, when you get the flu, or measles- you know it.    :)  

With most of the country cautiously opening up- we're going to see how many more lives will be lost to create herd immunity. I honestly believe if we had gone on as situation normal, let's do Sweden, there would be a lot more deaths now.  If you think if the trade off wasn't worth it, I understand- many would agree. And for sure- I totally disagree that pharmaceutical companies are stalling on releasing hydroxychloroquine in the hopes of bigger profits down the road from a vaccine. I posted on the poli board one manufacturer of generic drugs over in Great Britain just brought in 50 tons of chemical precursors to ramp up hydroxy production. That's one company- bet the ranch many others are doing the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I don't have to explain anything to you... I'm not indebted to you.. You don't pay my fucking bills... If you're too stupid to interpret or decipher what I'm saying That's YOUR problem.. Not mine!.. I'm not gonna waste half of my life trying to explain every little detail to your politically correct brain washed mind.. The answers are right in front of you dude.. Open your eyes!..

Nope, don't have to explain anything to anyone. But unwillingness to do so is basically just showing that you CAN'T answer them in an educated manner.

But your attempt to demean by saying the answers are right in front of me, does that mean NBC? FOX? CNN? ABC? Because what you have said is those are Fake News. So what you are really saying is that your view of the answers are somewhere. The thing you aren't understanding is that you are being hypocritical and narrow minded with that line, and doing the same thing the people on the other side that you hate so much do. 

And picking and choosing the data or talking points you think bolster your case is doing the same thing. Picking out different viruses to say they don't have a cure, Yep you are right. Congratulations. Now, exactly how are these things transmitted? Because last I checked, you can't get HIV from the air. But that doesn't fit your narrative.

And you bring up the 99% and cases being recorded as COVID even when it wasn't. I have ZERO issue believing that. But exactly how do YOU compute that Donald Trump lauded himself, his administration, and the drs. that if he hadn't acted so quickly that it could have been 1 million plus? Are you telling us that he was lying, wrong? 

And you and others calling it a SCAMDEMIC or FAKEDEMIC, yet proclaiming that doesn't mean its all fake. That is what those names mean. And that DOESN'T equate to THE PRESIDENT saying how serious this is, and certainly not equating to taking medication to try and prevent getting it. Why would he be doing that if its a scam, fake, etc?

And again, I don't know why you keep saying Demoncrat or whatever in posts related to me. I AM NOT A DEM OR REP. And I don't think this PANDEMIC is Trumps fault. But just spitting out political rhetoric or only relying on information that you agree with is what you are so vocally against. 

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

The two concepts are not mutually exclusive so "picking one" is illogical. 

Yes, they are.  Either it's a scam or you believe doctors.  But keep it up - you're owning yourself, not "The Libs."

Hard To Determine Actual Covid Stats - This article includes both doctors AND statisticians - be careful, life might have nuance!

Fun fact: The above link is proving that the stats are NOT cooked.. by expanding our understanding of the reality that the numbers represent.

When you're saying that "stats are cooked" - you're saying that they're deliberately falsified.  The burden's on YOU to show that deliberate falsification, starting by showing "The Truth" from which the stats start before this falsification you assert.

Or, believe doctors.  One of the two is true.  Your tapdance is.. a lie.  

Just now, Unsympathetic said:

Yes, they are.  Either it's a scam or you believe doctors.  But keep it up - you're owning yourself, not "The Libs.

Hard To Determine Actual Covid Stats - This article includes medical pathologists - but be careful, life might have nuance!

When you're saying that "stats are cooked" - you're saying that they're deliberately falsified.  The burden's on YOU to show that deliberate falsification, starting by showing "The Truth" from which the stats start before this falsification you assert.

Strawman argument. 

19 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Yes, they are.  Either it's a scam or you believe doctors.  But keep it up - you're owning yourself, not "The Libs."

Hard To Determine Actual Covid Stats - This article includes both doctors AND statisticians - be careful, life might have nuance!

Fun fact: The above link is proving that the stats are NOT cooked.. by expanding our understanding of the reality that the numbers represent.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And I don't think this PANDEMIC is Trumps fault.

Obviously the creation of the virus is not Trump's fault, but his  dilatory policies, tactics and strategies that permitted the proliferation of it...yes, those are his fault. 

Hmm, I actually started this by defending you, have had multiple messages on this thread, and you single out a single sentence to give "meaning" to. Yeah, doesn't surprise me.

What cannot be answered is what other leaders would have done. Me saying he isn't at fault is just that, he isn't at fault. Could some of his actions have made things better OR worse, sure. And some of his actions don't present well, but I don't think that any of this should be looked at politically from either side, and while still in the pandemic not a time for blame. Everyone should work together for the better of ALL, not just because you like Red or Blue 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, nickers said:

West Nile is contagious.

Ummmm.... no.

The West Nile virus is not contagious. It cannot be transmitted from person to person. A person cannot get the virus, for example, from touching or kissing a person who has the disease or from a health-care worker who has treated someone with the disease.

• The virus is carried from infected birds to people by mosquitoes.
  • There is no evidence for transmission from person to person.

https://www.medicinenet.com/west_nile_encephalitis/article.htm

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

So Bloomberg is not fake news? Or does a 2-month old Bloomberg article gain credibility with time?

It's well-known now that certain factors increase the lethality of Covid-19. Doesn't change the fact that the virus hastened deaths...

Why not simply make the argument that mortality is the real problem?

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

You clearly have anger issues and a foggy brain. Do everyone a favor and seek help. 

Since EVER single person this board but nickers is questioning how you perceive reality and your gross inability to grasp basic medical and scientific fact, I think it you  that needs to check in for 72 hold at the nearest psych ward. And once again you deflect, offer up nothing substantial, and are caught in yet another lie by other members. Just quit, it quite sad, and equally pathetic.

23 hours ago, nickers said:

The flue is contagious.. Zika is contagious.. colds are contagious... Sars is contagious... West Nile is contagious..Swine flu is contagious.... Ebola is contagious.. Ecoli is contagious.. Bacteria is contagious.. And so on.. You can't save everybody.... Sweden did Herd Immunity.. and they came out ok... But keep believing this SCAMDEMIC all you like... its a free country... How long do think you can keep kids penned up until they lose they're own natural Immunity fight to germs, viruses and other Contagion?... Your own Immune system is your best defense.. Quit believing the stupid lies like a bunch of sheeple...

EDIT: Measles, whooping cough, malaria, AIDS, SARS, etc,....all still exist. Science hasn't figured out a way to eradicate a virus yet,...just how to treat it--which is awesome mind us all!

Truth. 

15 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Hmm, I actually started this by defending you, have had multiple messages on this thread, and you single out a single sentence to give "meaning" to. Yeah, doesn't surprise me.

Right, I had no intention of trying to respond to your entire post...just that one comment.  So what?  The fact is, his blatant disregard, even contempt for how serious this thing was going to be despite numerous warnings is his fault. 

What cannot be answered is what other leaders would have done.

Well...we sort of can. We can tell what other leaders DID.  (and he comes out at or near the bottom of things)

Me saying he isn't at fault is just that, he isn't at fault. Could some of his actions have made things better OR worse, sure. And some of his actions don't present well

No shit. 

, but I don't think that any of this should be looked at politically from either side, and while still in the pandemic not a time for blame. Everyone should work together for the better of ALL, not just because you like Red or Blue.

I agree completely.....and the truth is, most of my criticisms of Trump have nothing whatsover to do with the left/right....liberal/conservative dichotomy.    They have to do with far, far more basic matters:   His dishonesty, his corruptibility, his incompetence, his indecency, his lack of humanity, his narcissism, etc. etc. etc.  None of which has to do with politics...but with character.   Just a note on that:  I was basically opposed to much of G.W. Bush's policies.....but, unlike DJT  I am not critical of him on most of the matters that I am critical of Trump on: (with One major exception:  the whole WMD lie that led to the Iraq War...that was bad.)  GW Bush was a guy you could like:  Overall he was basically honest, decent, his administration was competent, he thought and acted humanely.  Not this guy. 

15 hours ago, Icecube said:

Strawman argument. 

Not exactly when it pertains directly to your formulation of how you would debate/argue your counter point.

Side note:  close family member of mine lives in Sau Palo with his wife, they're starting to get hit down there.  

16 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

While I don't share the same views as nickers on a lot of the covid stuff the stats are being deliberately falsified in the sense that flu pneumonia and common cold deaths have went down to zero at this time. Hospitals are attributing all those and any respiratory deaths to COVID19 even without a positive test for covid. They are doing so because they get more money for labeling it a covid death. In my hometown (not a small place) just last week they had a known pneumonia death that was tagged as a covid death so they could get the 39k because the patient was put on a ventilator.  This is according to multiple personnel that I know who work there

17 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

He only believes in them if it from "reputable" news sources like Alex Jones, Fox News, or whatever crack-pot forum white nationalist/terrorist use.

The Blaze! You can't leave out the Truth from The Blaze! And then there is his highness who never tells a lie because it was that lyin' Obama's fault! Just ask Fox! The Liar King's 24 hour source of truth, justice and the American way!🤥🤴

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So Bloomberg is not fake news? Or does a 2-month old Bloomberg article gain credibility with time?

It's well-known now that certain factors increase the lethality of Covid-19. Doesn't change the fact that the virus hastened deaths...

Why not simply make the argument that mortality is the real problem?

https://va.news-republic.com/a/6812611671421354501?app_id=1239&c=fb&gid=6812611671421354501&impr_id=6812627561362327813&language=en&region=us&user_id=6575921751207837705&fbclid=IwAR3W_InXlRGs_zXDGJScuWmb21WEo8rpedEQi0fZU82OLvFhiNs8CJxnujk

42 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The Blaze! You can't leave out the Truth from The Blaze! And then there is his highness who never tells a lie because it was that lyin' Obama's fault! Just ask Fox! The Liar King's 24 hour source of truth, justice and the American way!🤥🤴

https://va.news-republic.com/a/6812611671421354501?app_id=1239&c=fb&gid=6812611671421354501&impr_id=6812627561362327813&language=en&region=us&user_id=6575921751207837705&fbclid=IwAR3W_InXlRGs_zXDGJScuWmb21WEo8rpedEQi0fZU82OLvFhiNs8CJxnujk

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The entire point of you only replying to one sentence is not referring to any context whatsoever. 

I don't see how you or anyone can say he has/hasn't done a good job compared to how others would have. It would all be assumptions.

And if you are referring to other countries, I don't think they are comparable for a huge list of reasons, including things that are present in this thread. And while I think that a bunch of the criticism brought upon Mr. Trump can be attributed to his demeanor, that adds another layer to it as well. Because you know that there are large segments of the population that will either do exactly everything he says or will refuse because he said it. 

In my opinion, I think that people should do their own research from either a neutral POV or from both sides. Because when people just state things without actually thinking of the counter argument just makes them look uninformed (not specifically saying anyone in particular). The most likely truth is that Mr. Trump has done some "good" things with this and some "bad" things. But along with your demeanor comment, it certainly doesn't help that everything is "perfect". 

Now what would be interesting to see is what the response be from people who are so set against POTUS if it was scientifically proven that hydroxychlorquine is effective if available to the masses if they would take it. If they wouldn't, then in my view they are being hypocritical by saying people are inhumane with refusing to wear masks and vice versa.

Again, I can see things on both "sides" of this argument. I can certainly see the numbers being incorrect, but I also don't automatically look at that as being purposely done. But I actually look each day in my area (and its a small area so not bad at all comparably). And day to day some numbers change, even going down). So by definition one of those days had to have been misreported. That doesn't mean it was done maliciously 

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ummmm.... no.

It still contagious..  You have to get it from something.. or someone... it doesnt just magically show up...

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

It still contagious..  You have to get it from something.. or someone... it doesnt just magically show up...

Transmittable is different than contagious.  

You can transmit HIV, it is however, not contagious.

Are you just fucking around or actually that dense?  I'm hoping the former but these days anymore....ya just don't know.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Icecube said:

Truth. 

Nope, as Tour pointed out West  Nile isn't  transmittable person to  person, you get it from mosquitoes.  EDIT: I'll correct myself here- I done forgot, losing my Blood Banking skills- there's some evidence West Nile can be transmitted by a blood transfusion, but you can't get one of those at the grocery store.  :D  I pointed out  a lot of the other diseases  aren't as easily  transmitted  person to  person  as covid  is. You can't get HIV standing next to  someone  in a grocery checkout.