THE BROWNS BOARD

Funny how black immigrants don't feel oppressed

Gorka

Of course not. They come from places where people are actually oppressed not like here. Shit the poorest people in America have flat screen TV's cable smartphones free Transportation free healthcare free read and subsidized utilities. I think they get that in Kenya? Botswana? Uganda?

WSS

I'd be willing to bet I'm on the only one on this board who personally knows and has worked with a black, 1st generation immigrant from Africa while living in the DC-metro area.

She doesn't fully grasp the 2A and I remember a few years ago she was apart of the repeal movement.  She does support BLM to a rather large extent.  We've actually be chatting on FB the last few days.  She's a really wonderful person, as sweet as they come.    But, she's also the woman who told me she would never date an American black man because of the cultural and "values" differences she has grown to believe exist.          Her family, who have very openly, honestly, intelligently and respectfully weighed in on our conversations feels about the same on most of that.

Granted, that's her personal experience and doesn't reflect every immigrant.   

So "they" is generalizing with the best of them

Oh, if you ever get the chance to have a Nigerian immigrant make spicy Jollof, dear God take the opportunity.   I'd put that stuff on my omlette's if I could make it the same.

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'd be willing to bet I'm on the only one on this board who personally knows and has worked with a black, 1st generation immigrant from Africa while living in the DC-metro area.

She doesn't fully grasp the 2A and I remember a few years ago she was apart of the repeal movement.  She does support BLM to a rather large extent.  We've actually be chatting on FB the last few days.  She's a really wonderful person, as sweet as they come.    But, she's also the woman who told me she would never date an American black man because of the cultural and "values" differences she has grown to believe exist.          Her family, who have very openly, honestly, intelligently and respectfully weighed in on our conversations feels about the same on most of that.

Granted, that's her personal experience and doesn't reflect every immigrant.   

So "they" is generalizing with the best of them

Oh, if you ever get the chance to have a Nigerian immigrant make spicy Jollof, dear God take the opportunity.   I'd put that stuff on my omlette's if I could make it the same.

Fish Pepper soup is the worst shit ever!  But Jollof rice is alright.

I've been around some Nigerians never actually worked with any. I have however entertained at a place that uses a lot of European immigrants in the summertime. Maybe their experience is different but I would imagine that anyone that comes to the US that works and is compensated for it pretty amazed at the way we do things. Especially the kids that came from the former communist Bloc.  I always loved this line from my Bulgarian friend when they told him about overtime. And this is almost a direct quote. "You mean to tell me if I work more hours I get more money?" I I think the only thing missing was what a country.

But I can't imagine any Americans wouldn't just shut their pants if they had to live somewhere with real oppression.

WSS

29 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I've been around some Nigerians never actually worked with any. I have however entertained at a place that uses a lot of European immigrants in the summertime. Maybe their experience is different but I would imagine that anyone that comes to the US that works and is compensated for it pretty amazed at the way we do things. Especially the kids that came from the former communist Bloc.  I always loved this line from my Bulgarian friend when they told him about overtime. And this is almost a direct quote. "You mean to tell me if I work more hours I get more money?" I I think the only thing missing was what a country.

But I can't imagine any Americans wouldn't just shut their pants if they had to live somewhere with real oppression.

WSS

Hmm.

Sounds like Mentor or Geneva on the lake.