THE BROWNS BOARD

Vernon Restructures Deal

darren15

36 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Oh and Myles :)

Yes.  There's Myles..............and the others.

We don't want Myles to have to play every single snap.  There needs to be a couple more guys that have the potential to bring pressure.  Vernon is signed to be one of 'em.

17 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Myles Garrett,  If only he was better than average

top 5 at position, at pro level is not good enough for Unsympathetic? who would of thought...

imo,  This deal reeks of the respect that Garrett & Vernon both have for each other... Myles was the first, to gather the d, to take a knee on the Bronco's sideline when Vernon went down..

Now, The classy vet of Vernon, wants Myles to see his Max Dollar torch lit also... Can't say the same, if Clowney vs Watt was brought back to life in C-land..  the added Clayborn reps, should keep Vernon active in more games.. and Joe Woods clearly has a plan for Vernon that AV likes.. my last concern moves to RG or LB     

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

the added Clayborn reps, should keep Vernon active in more games..

It would be MOST helpful if Clayborn is a solid player for us.  He was brought here to be the first off the bench in the rotation.  It's possible that we could have a pretty good DL.  And we kinda' have to...'cuz we're none too sure about the LB'er group.

22 minutes ago, Orion said:

It would be MOST helpful if Clayborn is a solid player for us.  He was brought here to be the first off the bench in the rotation. 

I took a me day off to get my taxes done.whew, that's over..Than spent most the day watching numerous Saints vs Falcons rivalry games on the Nflnetwork..

Clayborn looks to be a 30/35 snap a game stud..Perfect to rotate with Vernon.. Stays on his feet well.. while refusing to stay blocked.. and he's able to chase Brees. but (like most) he ain't catching Lamar.nor covering a Alvin Kamara. .but he can Tackle them..

I've been really impressed all day watching TE Austin Hooper..most reports I've read says Hooper can't block.. Hell, Clearly they have never seen Njoku try not to 👀.. Hoop can* block ! Play outside lead in bunch formations with WR's.. And Hooper will be reading a lot of that Chubb jersey from behind after planting dudes on their a$$'s..

• Like 1

It wouldn't shock me if they try to add Everson Griffin to the mix as well if they can get him for less than $10 mil. Joe Woods had a stacked line in SF and they would rotate quite a bit. One more guy who can bounce inside/out with some veteran leadership would be a good thing. Think of that line on 3rd and long?

DIL: Richardson, Ogunjobi, Billings, Elliot

DE: Myles, Vernon, Thomas, Clayborne...Griffin?

10 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

It wouldn't shock me if they try to add Everson Griffin to the mix as well if they can get him for less than $10 mil. Joe Woods had a stacked line in SF and they would rotate quite a bit. One more guy who can bounce inside/out with some veteran leadership would be a good thing. Think of that line on 3rd and long?

The more guys who can get to the QB, the better. 

On 7/9/2020 at 8:47 AM, Bigalow80 said:

Except Cleveland dot com already reported the Browns have no interest in Griffin