THE BROWNS BOARD

Njoku Back In

Dutch Oven

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

hopefully he will show of his talents today I mean really balls out and then trade his ass lets say to the giants to get peppers back and if we have to throw in a draft pick then so be it

Down the seam TD catch, a play we hadn't seen for some time by our TEs as Tour pointed out... 

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Our TEs are playing well, and I even saw Njoku blocking well on some run plays. 

Ditto... not exactly a roadgrader, but I noted a couple nice seal blocks on the backend of ZBS calls away from him.

Plus a highlight reel TD catch...

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Down the seam TD catch, a play we hadn't seen for some time by our TEs as Tour pointed out... 

You'd think a team that runs as well as our does, with athletic TEs and a QB whose strength is play-action would feature this? It is surprising. 

Njoku is probably the best of the three for the down-the-seam route, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Njoku is probably the best of the three for the down-the-seam route, though. 

Baker missed badly on a similar throw earlier in the game. It was a vertical route that he didn't put enough air on, but that TD throw was absolutely gorgeous and Njoku made a HECK of a catch. It was literally perfect and I knew Baker was feeling it when he made that throw. 

9 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Baker missed badly on a similar throw earlier in the game. It was a vertical route that he didn't put enough air on, but that TD throw was absolutely gorgeous and Njoku made a HECK of a catch. It was literally perfect and I knew Baker was feeling it when he made that throw. 

THAT throw was 2018 Baker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

THAT throw was 2018 Baker.

Sure enough was! Btw, that game winner was stunning as well. It literally dropped right in the basket for the win. Unbelievable. Deep sideline throws haven't been kind to Baker but that throw was huevos grandes. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

Sure enough was! Btw, that game winner was stunning as well. It literally dropped right in the basket for the win. Unbelievable. Deep sideline throws haven't been kind to Baker but that throw was huevos grandes. 

Gun to my head, this game doesn't change my thought that Baker's ceiling is that of an average starting QB long-term. 

My man, he was fun to watch today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Gun to my head, this game doesn't change my thought that Baker's ceiling is that of an average starting QB long-term. 

My man, he was fun to watch today. 

Hard sell, eh? ;)

We've seen the ceiling... and it is plenty high enough.

So it comes down to: 1.) consistency... where there's a ways to go. And mastering 2.) complexity... which was not exactly a hallmark of Cinci's D today.

Actually the above two have a good bit of overlap since it's been struggles with complex Ds that have been the source of much of the inconsistency.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hard sell, eh? ;)

We've seen the ceiling... and it is plenty high enough.

So it comes down to: 1.) consistency... where there's a ways to go. And mastering 2.) complexity... which was not exactly a hallmark of Cinci's D today.

Actually the above two have a good bit of overlap since it's been struggles with complex Ds that have been the source of much of the inconsistency.

I mean, being an average starting QB still means you are in the top 15-20 QBs in the whole world.... 😉

But I just do not see him progressing to being a top tier QB. Hopefully I'm wrong! 

Not sure I do either, DO. It's not exactly a slamdunk... but it is also not outside the realm of possibility.

As I said, we've seen the the ceiling... more than a few times with yesterday simply being the latest incident... and it was at a level where including it's proficiency in a top 10 or even 5 discussion would not be out of place if it becomes the norm rather than the exception.