THE BROWNS BOARD

Njoku Back In

Dutch Oven

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

I never even heard of this dude until the whole Baker Twitter fight thing  

Am over the road 6-7 hours, 6 days a week.. Every kind of 'sports talk radio shows'? Topics have been so squeezed to death... We really need the 'Sport' ! ..I've found Colin's show as one not so repetitive.. 

I had several responses triggered up for IceCube.. but my guess is, he went cricket hunting 🤷‍♂️ .. 

I'll listen again, but at first I found Collin reaching for excuses 

1) can we really use the word "injury prone" when he had only one?(9 Weeks verse 34 games played)

2) Am more concerned this season with Landry's hip..OBJ soft? We all saw the hit Calhoon put on that ankle..Soft's don't comeback that quick from those kind of high ankle sprains. Freak athletes DO! I still think OBJ got hurt landing awkwardly on his hip, in Camp last season. Right in front of Dorsey in the back of the end zone.. How Jay played needing core surgery? is Landry'ish.. Bless EM!

3) Joke's touches? He had them before & was due more signing his 5th option.. what happen? (i did hear Joke did some off season training with Sam Darnold..but don't believe what you hear unless your eyes saw it..and i have not seen 1 video tweet of such)

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'd like you to move Joke to the giants new TE coach named Kitchens :)

Yup, a match made in heaven.  

Gettin' a kick out of the stretches of Njoku's name.  EnCuckcoo  nJokeCoo

I hate when guys come out an ask for a trade.  It puts your GM in a bit of a disadvantage.  Especially when the player hasn't really proven all that much on the field...and you drafted him high.  

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

Last things first. Njoku has zero leverage to demand a trade. Looking at his contract, he still has no leverage. Vag is right,  after last season, trading him gives you pennies  on the dollar. All up to Berry  and  Stef if he's going to be a distraction or not. 

Regarding the season,  they're certainly going to try and play it- BUT. The Ravens took the lead, and I suspect all other NFL teams will fall in line. We got our letter from the  Browns yesterday.  The short of it was: You can keep your tickets, with no guarantees.  Or ask for a refund, or credit your payment to 2021 tickets. You keep your seats and seniority. We took the  last option.  If there is no season,  time for the owners to  start talking to the NFLPA (and not bury their  heads in the sand) about what if scenarios. I doubt the Chiefs would be very happy to  pay Mahomes $50 million to go fishing for 9 months. 

It may wind up like MLS or Premier League with no fans in the stands. There's big problems if a top qb or 1\2 the team comes down with covid. I'll take this as a sign of things to come, the Big 10 just canceled all out of conference games. 

I may not be the brightest apple in the orchard Larry but I played organized football for a long time.  If you get 10 guys under quarantine for 2 weeks on the current active roster sizes - good luck with that especially when you factor in injuries.  Ball carriers getting tackled rarely have just 1 or 2 guys.  It's a contact sport.  I live in Florida so I can't see all starters wearing a mask in this heat while they're running, blocking and tackling for 60 minutes here. Maybe they'll get face shields that will steam up (but it's better than what I just described). The spacing from tackle to tackle isn't ideal while none of them are far from the defender across from the los. Now you add in no huddle where guys are breathing hard - especially if most of their subs are in quarantine.

Mahomes' new contract has ZERO to do with a virus getting out of control in major cities/states that re-opened up for businesses.  I'm not talking about the rural areas that people politicizing the virus will inevitably bring up.  I can hear a Fox News mentality right now "What about the Dakotas, Wyoming and Montana Flugel?  Then, I'd have to remind him they don't play NFL games in states where there's more cows than humans.  When houses are miles apart, that sets up pretty good spacing - much like the distance between Trump's 2 brain cells. 

Right now, NY/NJ is on a temporary nap session from the virus.  When they re-open for business like California and Florida did - who's going to police the crowds of New Yorkers and spacing on the subways?  Good luck with that!   There's countless Restaurants in this country that are losing business, many of them forever.  Do you realize some people in Florida still haven't received their first unemployment checks from 2-3 months ago yet?  Trump was in the Governor's ear that if you pay out all of the unemployment - your economy is going to look like the Democratic States that I'm reminding America about almost hourly during these ideal campaign opportunities.   More specifically, integrity FOR the people takes a back seat to WIN for me.  The virus doesn't care Larry.   Leadership has to be better than finger pointing from the top and pretending that 99% of America is fine.  The hospitalizations and positivity rates are increasing at rates hospitals can't accommodate. I'm in Florida and I work in health care so I can get a pretty good idea about what's ahead for states racing to re-open (that have horrible leadership).  The Leaders of Georgia are arguing and confusing the people about what needs to be done.

Look at the states that have multiple NFL teams beside Ohio like CA, FL, TX. None of them are doing well vrs the virus right now.  Ohio and NY are doing well right now (but NY teams play in NJ and we know if they open up too early - it'll be a disaster).  The sad thing is, so MANY of us that live for football are going to have to come to grips with the reality we also need to LIVE in order to see football again.

On 7/11/2020 at 8:30 AM, Flugel said:

pretending that 99% of America is fine.  The hospitalizations and positivity rates are increasing at rates hospitals can't accommodate

Arizona is over 100% in bed occupancy and are back to stopping all non-covid care even for cancer pts - just politically being told to not confirm. I work in health care as well and have enough friends in that state.

At this point I'd be shocked if any season happens at all - college or pro.  We would have a season if the conservatives had paid attention to Real Americans and worn a mask at all times.

It does travel through the air [And Another One] - Facts don't care about your feelings.  Dozens of mississippi legislators have now discovered this.

Covid is 1000 times better at infecting humans than its animal predecessors

Only 13% of covid-infected patients discharged from hospital are symptom-free after "recovery"

Shelter-in-place orders were a good thing - if your goal is living, of course.

Herd Immunity will not be a thing

It's not just covid -- America fails at public health

One thing that much of this thread misses -- Njoku is under contract for 2 years not one, so a "trade demand" isn't much.

• Upvote 2

On 7/10/2020 at 8:58 PM, gumby73 said:

Am over the road 6-7 hours, 6 days a week.. Every kind of 'sports talk radio shows'? Topics have been so squeezed to death... We really need the 'Sport' ! ..I've found Colin's show as one not so repetitive.. 

I had several responses triggered up for IceCube.. but my guess is, he went cricket hunting 🤷‍♂️ .. 

I'll listen again, but at first I found Collin reaching for excuses 

1) can we really use the word "injury prone" when he had only one?(9 Weeks verse 34 games played)

2) Am more concerned this season with Landry's hip..OBJ soft? We all saw the hit Calhoon put on that ankle..Soft's don't comeback that quick from those kind of high ankle sprains. Freak athletes DO! I still think OBJ got hurt landing awkwardly on his hip, in Camp last season. Right in front of Dorsey in the back of the end zone.. How Jay played needing core surgery? is Landry'ish.. Bless EM!

3) Joke's touches? He had them before & was due more signing his 5th option.. what happen? (i did hear Joke did some off season training with Sam Darnold..but don't believe what you hear unless your eyes saw it..and i have not seen 1 video tweet of such)

Ummm, no, what is your question/assertion? I'm not "cricket hunting." 

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

Ummm, no, what is your question/assertion? I'm not "cricket hunting." 

'Here's Joy Taylor with the news' .... When a video is attached to your name, with the questions.. Where's Colin right or wrong? a reaction response will pop-up at you...

fxTH.gif         

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

'Here's Joy Taylor with the news' .... When a video is attached to your name, with the questions.. Where's Colin right or wrong? a reaction response will pop-up at you...

fxTH.gif         

I still don't know what your question is. Whatevers. 

Njoku is a fool. Tight ends do well in this offense and he could be set up for a big year. Of course, Stefanski also expects his TEs to block, so he could be screwed. 

• Upvote 1

My guess is, njoku wants the paychecks, but doesn't want to work that hard to keep them coming in.

the expectations are mile high, and he wants to bail. He can't float along with the Browns any longer, so he wants out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

My guess is, njoku wants the paychecks, but doesn't want to work that hard to keep them coming in.

the expectations are mile high, and he wants to bail. He can't float along with the Browns any longer, so he wants out.

Kind of my feelings.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't expect anything we haven't already seen👀...Similar to when Duke signed with Rosen-hose...Both want position one status & pay..don't we all?

Nojoke would have to be traded with his now contract of.. 1.7M this season & at 6M for 2021..🤔 The real questions are?

A) like Duke, will Joke show to camp on the 28th (injured the 23rd) or no show? (might just covid opt.out all together?) and

B.) like Duke again, will it take a starter to go down with injury at camp to create any value to trade David?

No-joke nor Berry, don't have any leverage in this matter unless Rosen-hose finds one himself... 

On 7/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Njoku is a fool. Tight ends do well in this offense and he could be set up for a big year. Of course, Stefanski also expects his TEs to block, so he could be screwed. 

I don’t know.

-New regime.

-They just made another TE the highest or one of the highest paid at his position.

-they drafted another fairly high.

-you have OBJ, Landry, Hunt, Chubb before we even get to the TE position which features the two I mentioned above.  The ball needs to get around and Njoku needs numbers to set himself up for his next check.

Hes probably better off not being here but I wouldn’t give him up for a last day draft pick either 

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I don't expect anything we haven't already seen👀...Similar to when Duke signed with Rosen-hose...Both want position one status & pay..don't we all?

Nojoke would have to be traded with his now contract of.. 1.7M this season & at 6M for 2021..🤔 The real questions are?

A) like Duke, will Joke show to camp on the 28th (injured the 23rd) or no show? (might just covid opt.out all together?) and

B.) like Duke again, will it take a starter to go down with injury at camp to create any value to trade David?

No-joke nor Berry, don't have any leverage in this matter unless Rosen-hose finds one himself... 

I disagree Njoku comes up with an “injury” that’s only going to hurt him come FA down the road.  That’s two years in a row - he’s out.  Njoku is probably the last guy in the roster that can afford to no show too.  We can stash him away and play two other guys that are arguably better and will take his reps and both of those guys need reps badly (rookie and a free agent).  Njoku needs to play 16 games and show production this season 

49 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I disagree Njoku comes up with an “injury” that’s only going to hurt him come FA down the road.  That’s two years in a row - he’s out.

Not meant to think Njoku 'comes up with a injury'.. I was looking at whom returns to camp when.. Rookie's this Tuesday..The 23rd is the date injured players could return..I have no clue what the new browns staff knows about Njoku past injuries? or if he's cleared by the browns to return on the 28th?.. coming off a broken wrist,demanding a trade =equals physical.. 

Njoku is probably the last guy in the roster that can afford to no show too.  We can stash him away and play two other guys that are arguably better and will take his reps and both of those guys need reps badly (rookie and a free agent).  Agreed!

Njoku needs to play 16 games and show production this season  Won't be the coaches play calling holding David from production...It will be David's crushed pride & wanting out,imo.. just my gut feeling... something more behind the scenes of last season has not came out yet in the media..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

He was cleared at the end of last season.  Why would his broken wrist prohibit his return?

Jokes been working out down in Miami..He's yolked up & wrist seems fine from his twitter..but am interested to see if the new staff wants a looksee starting around the 23rd..(a early toe in water can't hurt).surely we will hear if or when he hits the door..

than whom will start? 'the all in' speech this time...   

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

He was cleared at the end of last season.  Why would his broken wrist prohibit his return?

He's not a baller, just expects things to be handed to him. He thinks potential is enough. You need more than talent in this league. You need some semblance of work ethic. I say they cut bait, if they can get any picks, goody. Maybe he could fetch a 6th.  

• Upvote 1

I haven't followed the NFL for some weeks so I just read these news. 

For me, and I think I said at the beginning of the offseason, Njoku was one of the players with a "PROVE IT" tag. He hasn't been a good blocker, he has dropping concerns and last year got injured (in a vicious hit, not like Glass Hands Coleman, have to say). 

He had some flashes but has never lived up to his 1st round pick status. 

I don't like people wanting out, even less if they haven't proven themselves. I understand player wanting a bigger paycheck or role when they have performed well (see Duke), but doing so when they have showed nothing is beyond me.

Maybe there's some backstory to that, who knows. Maybe he wants to play in Florida again. 

I would listen to what the teams offer, to later tell the player that they will give a sack of potatoes for him, so either he plays for us for a big contract/trade or he is going to another bad team next year. 

9 hours ago, Icecube said:

He's not a baller, just expects things to be handed to him. He thinks potential is enough. You need more than talent in this league. You need some semblance of work ethic. I say they cut bait, if they can get any picks, goody. Maybe he could fetch a 6th.  

I think I’ve been harder on Njoku than most on here.  He’s the one guy that you can seemingly single out (when he plays) WTF is he doing and I’m not talking about the drops.  

This isn’t a good time to deal him unless the reports are true that multiple teams want him and you create a natural bidding war.  I believe he’s properly motivated (playing for the next contract) to focus and work hard in a football sense. Wouldn’t we all like to see this play from him finally rather than waiting on 5th round 2021 pick to develop and throwing a rookie out TE on the field extended time prematurely?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Icecube said:

Kind of my thinking.

A 4th is pie in the sky.  A mid to low 5th or a higher 6th sounds about right IMO.  Maybe with a 6th we can get a 7th the following year.

On 7/18/2020 at 4:00 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Joke just makes me feel he expects a pass on potential alone; how dare the Browns sign a good TE? That was Joke's job to lose forever, regardless of lack of production. By the way, I think signing Hooper was a really good sign. The team wasn't willing to wait around for a former 1st rounder to come through. The unit was weak and they did something about it. Boo hoo, Joke. I predict you won't make a single probowl in your career. 

• Like 1

This stupid muthafucker. Anyone read his recent comments about player safety after wanting out. Then he backsteps and says he loves the city and fans. Look I'm pro player all the way. I understood why Duke wanted out he was going to never see the field after week 8 so do you man, but this David character was specially told he would be a huge part of the offense. And like a lazy **MASK** he demanded out cause he was NOT the clear No 1 and would have to actually put some work in and not drop easy passes. The team picked up his option and gave him a chance and this is how he repays them by hiring a slimeball agent, Fuck this dude.

News of Njoku family ...David has 8 siblings..Mother-- Stella Njoku..Father-- Innocent* Njoku...     Father Innocent;), has a Jr getting a MD degree..   Meanwhile, David's younger brother Evidence*.. is a WR... transfering from the U(of Miami)... After failing to lockdown a starting role at the U..Evidence* will be taking his talents to Chip Kelly at UCLA...   

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 10:43 PM, WarriorsRpussies said:

This stupid muthafucker. Anyone read his recent comments about player safety after wanting out. Then he backsteps and says he loves the city and fans. Look I'm pro player all the way. I understood why Duke wanted out he was going to never see the field after week 8 so do you man, but this David character was specially told he would be a huge part of the offense. And like a lazy **MASK** he demanded out cause he was NOT the clear No 1 and would have to actually put some work in and not drop easy passes. The team picked up his option and gave him a chance and this is how he repays them by hiring a slimeball agent, Fuck this dude.

He may force himself out of town, but he won't be getting a new deal; what has he done to deserve that? He, and his attitude, are part of the problem. They need a new culture, one where players don't constantly whine about everything. You never win rings with 'tudes like that. Remember on "Hard Knocks" when Landry went off on the WRs for being pussies and not practicing for little boo boos? That was the team culture and it needs to change. Do you think they have 'tudes like that in Pitt or Balt.? Later, Joke. You've NEVER done jack spit. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

HA! It's called "lip service". We'll see IF & "how hard" he works. Obviously, I'm no believer or fan of his.

Mike

• Upvote 1