THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack Wilson suffers knee injury, undergoing evaluation

Vambo

40 minutes ago, Flugel said:

My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? 😋

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.

Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.

I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !

MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !

26 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? 😋

Is that the doctor that allegedly 1st discovered all semen is up and cuming?    Or was that Shawn Kemp?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.

Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.

I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !

MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !

I hear ya!  There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators.   "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?"   Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!

The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Thanks for the article Gumbs!   When I think of 1st step instinct, I'm hoping a last name like Meander is just an oxy-moron.  It's early, but seeing a lot of names I'm not familiar with getting more reps than Ticky-Takitaki doesn't make me miss Ron Wolf's entitled brat in our FO at all.  The only time I ever saw a form tackle in all his greatest hits videos from college was when he hit a stationary QB from behind. Other than that, he looked like a kid in blind-folds trying to take inventory of milkers on a Twister mat.  Anyway, you get the picture but it's more than okay if you don't.   Do I sound like I need another cup of coffee? LMAO!!

FWIW, I heard the NFL Channel's Kyle Brandt (whom I like) say twice in the last 2 weeks that Cleveland has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom on both sides of the ball.  Tell you what Kyle, you come Coordinate this defense against Baltimore or even Pittsburgh this year (without Schobert or if Garrett misses any games) - and let me know exactly how talented and deep it is... 

We win at Baltimore led by the Show getting 9 tackles 7 assists & 1 sack..with Whitehead & Carrie getting 7 tackles each.. and none are still here.. 

The Burgh comes to Cleveland &  we win again, The Show leading again with 7 tackles 3 assists 1 sack & 2 picks👀 Some guy named Andraez Williams gets 7 tackles & Burris gets 5T a sack & a pick👀 and none are still here..

We get our Butts handed to us by the Ravens at home? Randall leads with 8T/2 assists & the Show gets 5t/4a & none are here..But in mop-up duty Mack & Taki get 4 tackles each

Freddie calls for idiot play calling in a loss at Pittsburgh..But were led by some* guys on defense we may still know?..Mack Wilson 6T/2A Redwine & The Show 4/3 Burris 3/1 & Taki had 3 tackles

Kyle Brandt--your "most talented roster on both* sides of the ball"? Could be seen in the library under "Who's Missing"  and/or "The Replacements"?... Big Shoe's to fill, so stay tuned..

• Upvote 1

Clearly, Mack's only problem is that he just doesn't believe strongly enough.  If he prays really hard, his knee will heal on its own - and he'll stop being gay!

We don't need none of those lieberal facts up in here. Football is all about prayer and the power of positive thinking!

Also, I haven't seen a vague platitude about playmakers in the last month. Trolls, step up your game!

31 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I hear ya!  There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators.   "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?"   Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!

The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...

Here's the problem the Browns may have had with the idea of giving Schobert a big contract...

Myles Garrett, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb are all better or more important, and all will command big contracts too. (Garrett already got his)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's the problem the Browns may have had with the idea of giving Schobert a big contract...

Myles Garrett, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb are all better or more important, and all will command big contracts too. (Garrett already got his)

I believe you may have nailed it. Unfortunately, in today's NFL, you can't keep them all but it's always tough to lose a high character, productive, loyal guy like Joe. It's a coin toss & I worry a bit about Ward's long term durability. Good LBs tend to have long & productive careers, so we'll see. Time will tell

Mike

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2020 at 8:17 AM, jiggins7919 said:

This kid worked so hard. I can't believe the season ends like this for him....

Hopefully we'll get some good news soon. Hyperextensions can hurt like a a BEEOTCH, but once the swelling comes down the joints often respond well to therapy. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's back in 4-6 weeks. 

I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.  BUT, Terrell Davis once had to overcome a college career at UGA marred by injury as did another RB from that school (Garrison Hearst overcoming injuries in beginning of his NFL career).  Torn ACLs are no longer the career death sentence they once were if that is the injury... Looking forward to the Return of the Mack!!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

We win at Baltimore lead by the Show getting 9 tackles 7 assists & 1 sack..with Whitehead & Carrie getting 7 tackles each.. and none are still here.. 

The Burgh comes to Cleveland &  we win again, The Show leading again with 7 tackles 3 assists 1 sack & 2 picks👀 Some guy named Andraez Williams gets 7 tackles & Burris gets 5T a sack & a pick👀 and none are still here..

We get our Butts handed to us by the Ravens at home? Randall leads with 8T/2 assists & the Show gets 5t/4a & none are here..But in mop-up duty Mack & Taki get 4 tackles each

Freddie calls for idiot play calling in a loss at Pittsburgh..But were led by some* guys on defense we may still know?..Mack Wilson 6T/2A Redwine & The Show 4/3 Burris 3/1 & Taki had 3 tackles

Kyle Brandt--your "most talented roster on both* sides of the ball"? Could be seen in the library under "Who's Missing"  and/or "The Replacements"?... Big Shoe's to fill, so stay tuned..

Good stuff! I got an id ten t form for Freddy that looks like this in all caps and digit:    ID10T

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I believe you may have nailed it. Unfortunately, in today's NFL, you can't keep them all but it's always tough to lose a high character, productive, loyal guy like Joe. It's a coin toss & I worry a bit about Ward's long term durability. Good LBs tend to have long & productive careers, so we'll see. Time will tell

Mike

That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

I almost posted as you did, but thought saying it might start a war on the board due to Chubb's popularity. That being said, Chubb just may be one of those backs with long term value.

Mike

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

I sense Chubb is more about 'winning'.. And if he reads any paper clippings? 2nd round RB's, it's hard to get paid..While his production says he will just as pick #22 Derrick Henry..But i don't see Chubb as a demanding big money guy either..guess we will see👀 Ward & Baker sit in the drivers sit between 2 tags..Deal? great! Franchise tag? or 5th year option pay? The positions they both play..May sit as the highest in pay for position played if tagged?..heck, we hope all 3 have to happen.. If KC can do what they got going on? Garrett & Chubb ain't going anywhere..Baker & Ward have their biggest season of their football life on the line...When they see stats in the top 10 at their positions? Than I'll worry..Happy :D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

You're gonna let the best player you had in 30 years walk? Genius. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Icecube said:

When the time comes it will be Baker or Chubb on a second contract with the Browns possibility of neither.  I can’t see any chance of both.  

Chubb will play out that 4th year and then be franchised and he will get paid and be in another uniform in Year 6 

we need to enjoy Kareem Hunt this year too. 

there are some tough decisions coming up and we haven’t even done anything yet.  We have draft capital and we need to hit on a better percentage with our picks 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

I sense Chubb is more about 'winning'.. And if he reads any paper clippings? 2nd round RB's, it's hard to get paid..While his production says he will just as pick #22 Derrick Henry..But i don't see Chubb as a demanding big money guy either..guess we will see👀 Ward & Baker sit in the drivers sit between 2 tags..Deal? great! Franchise tag? or 5th year option pay? The positions they both play..May sit as the highest in pay for position played if tagged?..heck, we hope all 3 have to happen.. If KC can do what they got going on? Garrett & Chubb ain't going anywhere..Baker & Ward have their biggest season of their football life on the line...When they see stats in the top 10 at their positions? Than I'll worry..Happy :D

In regard to Chubb not demanding big money...if he keeps his production up there is a small chance that Chubb doesn’t demand big money- and if he’s doesn’t The players union and his agent will demand/convince that a large contract be in store for him. 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that. 

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55780-trying-to-move-obj/

Oh, but it does get more hilarious than that. This above thread, where practically the entire board piles on to call you a clown, is comedic gold. 

Your remark to Gipper on Page 2, where you offer to teach him English, is pretty interesting. Icecube? A GRAMMAR NAZI WHO WOULD LATER MISSPELL WORDS? Whhhhhhhhhaat? 😀

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

I know that I probably have hurt your fragile ego, which is why you've desperately been trying to bait me into fights for months now, and I know that must really, really burn you up inside.

Problem is, I don't care. Deal with it, snowflake, and move on. 

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I almost posted as you did, but thought saying it might start a war on the board due to Chubb's popularity. That being said, Chubb just may be one of those backs with long term value.

Mike

I'd love for Nick Chubb to retire a Cleveland Brown, Canton Mike. Hell, I dropped $150 for a new Nick Chubb jersey, that should be arriving any year now. (Dammit!) 

I can't see a front office so predicated on analytics dropping a ton of guaranteed money and salary cap space on a RB with 4 or 5 years (and 1200-1500 carries) under his belt (depending on if they franchise him) when he gets to free agency. It just doesn't seem to be something they would do, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky...  I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know that I probably have hurt your fragile ego, which is why you've desperately been trying to bait me into fights for months now, and I know that must really, really burn you up inside.

Problem is, I don't care. Deal with it, snowflake, and move on. 

Transference neurosis much? Not getting enough attention? Do you still talk to mommy everyday? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.  BUT, Terrell Davis once had to overcome a college career at UGA marred by injury as did another RB from that school (Garrison Hearst overcoming injuries in beginning of his NFL career).  Torn ACLs are no longer the career death sentence they once were if that is the injury... Looking forward to the Return of the Mack!!!

I'm dying laughing because this was my theme song and played at my wedding when me and my groomsmen came out to the reception. 

BTW, good news on Kevin Johnson. Released from hospital and listed as week to week. That's EXCELLENT news and means he could literally be back any day. I'm sure he'll miss SOME time, but it doesn't sound like it'll be long. We may even see him week 1.

Still waiting to hear about Mack, but it doesn't sound great. Still, I'm optimistic that he won't be gone for the year. They'll pump him full of anti-inflammatory medication, ice the crap of it, and then strengthen his knee back to normal. I'm guessing 6 weeks and he's back. I feel it. 

What REALLY hurts is that we won't have a single linebacker from last year who faced Lamar Jackson. That's not good. That offense is simply devastating and I don't want to think about it right now. Hahahaha 

52 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55780-trying-to-move-obj/

Oh, but it does get more hilarious than that. This above thread, where practically the entire board piles on to call you a clown, is comedic gold. 

Your remark to Gipper on Page 2, where you offer to teach him English, is pretty interesting. Icecube? A GRAMMAR NAZI WHO WOULD LATER MISSPELL WORDS? Whhhhhhhhhaat? 😀

Look at all the time and energy you take on such irrelevant nonsense. How much rent do I owe for living in your head? You constantly shout and shout and shout about what a clown I am, and claim everyone is saying it, but it's really pretty much just you. Anyone who corrects punctuation on a message board has some serious self esteem issues.  Didn't mommy give you enough attention growing up? Are you angry from being a nerd in high school? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

In regard to Chubb not demanding big money...if he keeps his production up there is a small chance that Chubb doesn’t demand big money- and if he’s doesn’t The players union and his agent will demand/convince that a large contract be in store for him. 

Derrick Henry just signed a deal that still puts him 2.5M behind La'v Bell total..sitting Henry in 4th..Why would he do that? Has all to do with the team he is on and having a chance while winning..Henry saw hope & it took till his franchise tag price, last season, to see it in full..re-signed, still under L.Bell..Chubb needs to see the same in Cleveland.. right about now 🤞 

5 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm dying laughing because this was my theme song and played at my wedding when me and my groomsmen came out to the reception. 

BTW, good news on Kevin Johnson. Released from hospital and listed as week to week. That's EXCELLENT news and means he could literally be back any day. I'm sure he'll miss SOME time, but it doesn't sound like it'll be long. We may even see him week 1.

Still waiting to hear about Mack, but it doesn't sound great. Still, I'm optimistic that he won't be gone for the year. They'll pump him full of anti-inflammatory medication, ice the crap of it, and then strengthen his knee back to normal. I'm guessing 6 weeks and he's back. I feel it. 

What REALLY hurts is that we won't have a single linebacker from last year who faced Lamar Jackson. That's not good. That offense is simply devastating and I don't want to think about it right now. Hahahaha 

Jiggins, I don't know if having faced Lamar in the past really matters. His stop and start times are just insanity. 

I think Mack will be back in 4-6. As far as I know, nothing was torn, right?

• Like 1

Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet.  And says all of the right things when he does speak.  

We don't need no stinking running backs!

It's a bit of a conundrum.  RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days.  Some teams use the 'rent a back' method.  -  Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet.  And says all of the right things when he does speak.  

We don't need no stinking running backs!

It's a bit of a conundrum.  RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days.  Some teams use the 'rent a back' method.  -  Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.  

For me... its the QB,RB and your best WR... That's what you build your team around..... I would do everything possible to keep Chubb a Brown so long as he remains healthy (Key) Most RB's and LB'er's have a shelf life of 4 yrs on average...... If Baker proves himself this year... I see no reason why they can't co-exist for the immediate time and future ahead... They'll have to get creative..... Make necessary cuts where they are needed without gutting the roster...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Jiggins, I don't know if having faced Lamar in the past really matters. His stop and start times are just insanity. 

I think Mack will be back in 4-6. As far as I know, nothing was torn, right?

Correct, as far as we know, nothing torn. That being said, it was a "severe" hyperextension, and that could easily result in the destruction of all sorts of joint related crap. 

And yes, Lamar scares the living shit out of me. Honestly, the Ravens are the ONE team I don't want to play first. Give me anything else week 1, and I'd be happy. But Baltimore? Shit....