THE BROWNS BOARD

Hadnot

Booker

Hadnot Blows Out Knee?

By John Taylor

Posted Aug 6, 2009

The Browns had gone through the early portion of training camp unscathed -- until now...

Thus far, Training Camp 2009 has been a relatively healthy one for the Cleveland Browns.

Unitl now.

According to The OBR's Steve King, who was in attendance at practice today, offensive lineman Rex Hadnot "blew out" his knee during practice today.

We have no additional details at this time, but King is currently in the process of gathering information on the injury, and we will get it to the site as quickly as humanly possible.

link

Guest Aloysius

Yeah, Hadnot was playing left guard with the second team. Today's starting right side consisted of Womack at RG and Tucker at RT.

After Hadnot got hurt, Isaac Sowells replaced him at LG. He was promptly beaten for a would-be-sack by Louis Leonard.

Guest Aloysius

At the beginning of practice, all of the o-linemen ran across the field together...except for Sowells, who lagged a couple yards behind.

Just seemed strange to me.

I guess that great depth we have been bragging about is going to be tested early.. This reallly sucks for Hadnot as he seemed like he was really making strides towards being a full time starter. Sucks for the team too. Let's hope that's if for the OL injury bug..We have had too much of that through the years. Roto time has him blowing out his knee

article here:

Rex Hadnot, C, Cleveland Browns Thursday 8/6, 3:05 PM CT

According to Scout.com, Browns starting right guard Rex Hadnot "blew out" his knee during Thursday's practice and was carted off the field.

Our View: This sounds serious. Hadnot appeared to be in a tremendous amount of pain and practice came to a screeching halt as the entire team gathered around him. No details on the severity of the injury, but it doesn't look good for the Browns. If Hadnot is unable to return, Ryan Tucker and/or Pork Chop Womack would likely have to step in.

I guess that great depth we have been bragging about is going to be tested early.. This reallly sucks for Hadnot as he seemed like he was really making strides towards being a full time starter. Sucks for the team too. Let's hope that's if for the OL injury bug..We have had too much of that through the years. Roto time has him blowing out his knee

article here:

Rex Hadnot, C, Cleveland Browns Thursday 8/6, 3:05 PM CT

According to Scout.com, Browns starting right guard Rex Hadnot "blew out" his knee during Thursday's practice and was carted off the field.

Our View: This sounds serious. Hadnot appeared to be in a tremendous amount of pain and practice came to a screeching halt as the entire team gathered around him. No details on the severity of the injury, but it doesn't look good for the Browns. If Hadnot is unable to return, Ryan Tucker and/or Pork Chop Womack would likely have to step in.

Injuries suck nuts, especially to one of our own players.

wow.

the chances of seeing my fantasy line just went up.

LT Thomas

LG Tucker

C Mack

RGHadnot Fraley/Womack

RT Steinbach

that really sucks for REX...hope it's not a career-ender. he was really trying to turn the corner this year.

I guess that great depth we have been bragging about is going to be tested early

We??

Not me.

St Clair, Foster...they are bums.

We need to start drafting some Olinemen early and often.

That is how you attain depth. You don't gain depth by picking up other teams castoffs.

O-line is the Key position on the O...and since you have 5 of them, you better draft often.

Nothing works as planned if the O-line is continually breaking down.

JMO

That is how you attain depth. You don't gain depth by picking up other teams castoffs.

O-line is the Key position on the O

I agree 110%, although to be fair we have chosen OL in the first round in successive drafts when we had a first rounder.

St Clair, Foster...they are bums

Not so sure about St Clair - I thought he was slated to start for Chicago. I saw some bad film on Foster, but yeah he has had some horrible games.

Hadnot was working almost exclusively at left guard. Just read that Tucker, Womack, and St. Clair are fighting for two right-side spots.

Hadnot was lining up at Center also. He wasn't one of the starting linemen. Steinbach is still the starting LG and Tucker is the Starting RG. Womack was pushing Hadnot for the #1 backup guard job. Hadnot was playing more at LG because the staff was working Steinbach a little at RT and LT. His depth will be missed but unless someone went down, he was going to be a backup.

After Hadnot got hurt, Isaac Sowells replaced him at LG. He was promptly beaten for a would-be-sack by Louis Leonard.

Thanks for the update Alo!

Gee, there's a surprise - Sowells got beat. It's amazing how long we've held a roster spot for such a candyass like Isuuc. I don't even think this kid would have been drafted if Savage's speed reading skills noticed the word "soft" in some scouting reports.

- Tom F.

So an MCL tear is something that can be rehabbed and it heals without surgery?

Yes the Medial Collateral generally doesn't require surgery. It's generally a let the injury heal and then rehab it.

IMO, it generally leads to more knee problems but it is definitely not as severe as an ACL.

I'm guessing week 4 for Hadnot to return.

Right, MCL's heal on their own. It's more akin to an ankle sprain. The ligaments are stretched and partially torn, but heal up fine. MCL's tend to take longer than ankle sprains however.

With the use of MRI's, we've also learned severe ligament sprains of the knee also involve a bone bruise. Again, this heals up on it's own, but cements the healing in the 4-6 week range.

This is great news. 4 weeks at the soonest. 8 weeks max.

Archived