THE BROWNS BOARD

Mask lovers

Westside Steve

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Again on the bike trail today Cuyahoga Valley I saw at least 6 idiots riding their bicycles outside with their fucking mask on.

After the ride we went to a great big farm market, really cool place, just packed with people shoulder to shoulder oh, just about everybody picking up every piece of fruit or vegetable and putting it back down after inspection. But everybody was wearing a mask. Arbitrary bullshit

🐑🐑🐑

WSS

The wife and I were running errands yesterday and stopped at a local dollar store. 

Unfortunately we only had one mask in the car, so the wife told me to wear it inside the store, and she was going inside without one.

We no sooner walked through the front door, and the cashier (wearing a mask around her neck) told my wife she couldn’t enter without wearing a mask.

The wife went out to the car while I did the shopping.

When I went to the checkout, the cashier (still wearing the mask under her chin) felt apologetic and said “I’m not being mean...I just have to keep everyone safe”.

I reminded her that a surgical mask provided as much protection as the mask she was wearing that was keeping her Adam’s Apple warm.

Then I pointed out she was handling everything I purchased, and she seemed confused by my comments.

I went outside and told the wife of my conversation with her, she said “that’s why she’s a cashier at a dollar store”.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Neat.   Well I can't speak to that experience so I'll just keep playing it cool and low key.

You also need to understand I don't live in Ohio. Our local ordinances pertaining to masks are probably bit less stringent than yours.

6 minutes ago, Axe said:

You also need to understand I don't live in Ohio. Our local ordinances pertaining to masks are probably bit less stringent than yours.

Well, shit.  Now I am jealous. 

Admittedly the mom and pops places are pretty cool about it, especially when they're slow.     Went back home for the weekend to see family and hit the local diner before the breakfast rush.  Servers didn't seem to care that we walked in and sat in a booth with only half of our group using masks.   Might have been 10 people total in the restaurant at that point.

I get chain stores and the like being under the microscope.  Smaller places though, not so much.   It's nice when we see our better judgement being used and not attempt to be over-zealous. 

I really don’t consider it rebellious not wearing a mask.

less and less people are subjecting themselves to such an odd request to wear a peice of cloth on there face.

making a scene is not a good idea.  Just don’t wear one.  Respect business owners though that do approach you, unless you have a medical issue that prevents you from wearing one.

if you are an anti masker lookin for confrontation than you make everyone look bad.

i don’t wear one and no one gives me a hard time.  I don’t rub it in anyone’s face either.

I try to use common sense. If I am about to enter a bigger outlet (tho I do try to avoid them) like a grocery store or a Lowes/Home Depot I carry a mask with me  because the 6' thing isn't gonna happen in there. If someone were to say something (hasn't happened yet) then depending how they approached me, I would either oblige them or tell them to keep their distance .. Smaller outlets, it's never an issue

See, our mask ordinance (probably like yours) is not enforceable if you read deep..  I know people that keep it on their phones to show mask Nazis when need be.  I'm lucky, because of my appearance, people don't fuck with me, nor do I with them. 

I DO however wear my mask into my Bank!!   I've always wanted to wear a mask into a bank.. 😁  Back a month or so ago it was like playing Whack a Mole trying to find a BOA branch open around here. I have to do multiple deposits a week.. Well, I had to visit a BOA branch I'd never been in way out east one Monday. So I strolled in with my black pants, black tank top, black hat, black mask, black small duffel bag (full of cash) and sunglasses.. :D   I wanna tell ya, EVERY head at every desk popped up and the looks on their faces were priceless...  Tellers too, customers,, everyone!! 😂

Tell me you've never wanted to do that 😉

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/5/2020 at 6:03 AM, Westside Steve said:

I've actually seen two people on separate occasions by themselves wearing a fucking mask on the bike trail. I shit you not. I'm not saying you should throw a fit in a store or a restaurant because they asked you to wear one but even you Democrats have to admit it gets ridiculous. No matter how much you love Biden.

WSS

Some people wear it to set a good example, some people wear one because they are at a higher risk than others. I wear one on the bike trail when I ride just to keep bugs out of my face. For the people say "it's my body, it's my choice" when defending themselves for not wearing one, the same can be said for people who do. It's my choice and I will wear one if I want. 

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Some people wear it to set a good example, some people wear one because they are at a higher risk than others. I wear one on the bike trail when I ride just to keep bugs out of my face. For the people say "it's my body, it's my choice" when defending themselves for not wearing one, the same can be said for people who do. It's my choice and I will wear one if I want. 

You can do whatever you want. As far as wearing a mask when you're riding a bike or riding in your car alone it makes you look like an idiot. If you do that then you look like an idiot too. And the only people that you would set an example for are other idiots.

The next day of the trail we saw probably at least six people wearing them. Just for the record they were among the people crammed into the Farmers Market asshole to Elbow picking up every piece of fruit in the place. But hey they had their masks on.

I'm not bothered much by people who take extreme precautions, even if I don't. And of course you can choose to look like a fool.

WSS

27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

As far as wearing a mask when you're riding a bike or riding in your car alone

I told you why I wear a mask when I ride, to keep bugs out of my face. I only put my mask on in the car when I pull up to a drive thru window. People should not be calling other people idiots because they don't understand why somebody chooses to wear a mask.  People with compromised immune systems should always wear them.

8 minutes ago, Neo said:

I told you why I wear a mask when I ride, to keep bugs out of my face. I only put my mask on in the car when I pull up to a drive thru window. People should not be calling other people idiots because they don't understand why somebody chooses to wear a mask.  People with compromised immune systems should always wear them.

13 hours ago, Neo said:

Actually we should call people idiots if they believe that wearing a mask is going to keep them from getting anything. (that's not their purposes) Not to mention that since you were bragging about what a tough guy you were I'm surprised that you are decrepit and fear that a bout with covid-19 would do you in. In most cases it's a fashion statement or political badge like wearing a Bidenn t-shirt. Or to be fair the absence of which a Maga hat.

Since your fairly new I will repeat this. I have no problem with anyone who is seriously in fear for their lives and decides to take Extreme Measures. In fact I urge them to stay home have their shit delivered and wear their masks to bed should they see fit.

One more time the age group actually in danger is in their 80s. The average lifespan in the United States of America is 78.

WSS

On 9/5/2020 at 6:03 AM, Westside Steve said:

I've actually seen two people on separate occasions by themselves wearing a fucking mask on the bike trail. I shit you not. I'm not saying you should throw a fit in a store or a restaurant because they asked you to wear one but even you Democrats have to admit it gets ridiculous. No matter how much you love Biden.

WSS

OK, sure Steve. I'm on the high side of 2,000 miles on the bike- and I see folks wearing masks on the trails.  Do I think that's necessary? Not at all.... 

On 9/5/2020 at 10:18 AM, Westside Steve said:

January 2021 is 3 1/2 months away right? Even if somebody came out with a vaccine right this minute how long do you think it would take to test it? Pretend Donald Trump supported it for the company that made it.

WSS

Well, the drug companies came out and said Trump can go to hell if he thinks he's going to pressure them into releasing a vaccine until it's cleared as safe and effective.  If- as I saw somewhere- just 50% effective passes muster- I'll probably pass...  And then you have the crazies who think it's all a plot by Bill Gates to plant microchips in them.... 

On 9/6/2020 at 6:54 PM, Axe said:

Again, like I've said from the beginning.. If this had been a true pandemic, there would be no better vehicle of transmission than currency.

That's not how it gets transmitted 95% of the time. Even the Fearless Leader said- "it goes through the air".... Inhalation. Ebola is contact .

You're denying this is a true "pandemic"?  The WHO, any epidemiologists who aren't sniffing Trump butt gas,  and virtually every country in the world disagrees with you..... Closing on 1,000,000 deaths, but believe whatever you want to..... 

1 Beyond unnecessary all the way to ridiculous.

2 I never expected the president to push any drug or vaccine to Market. One would think that any rational person would like to see it ASAP however. I never heard any pharmaceutical company to tell him to go to hell. I think some of you people are being naive dancing in circles around a vaccine. Seriously any of you who are deep into the panic and it's not just for political purposes imagine if you were given the opportunity to test the vaccine.  That would mean  you have a 50-50 chance  of it being a placebo. After that who knows what the percentages would be as to whether it works or not.  Then you would be infected with the virus and see how it works. So tell me how scared are you?  Because most of the people of the test  will get  the virus. Try to imagine it's not all just about Trump. What would you seriously do?

3 oh good we're arguing semantics.

WSS

On 9/5/2020 at 6:41 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

And this attitude is exactly why the Washington study is predicting 410,000 total COVID deaths by Jan. 2021. Their number one recommendation is mask wearing and this president mocks the man who is doing the patriotic thing of leading by example instead of trying to destroy the data, data gatherers and data analysts as I told you would happen several months ago. Herman Cain says hello from the grave BTW. Bet he regretted not wearing a mask when the end came. Trump is the one who will lose the election because he won't wear a mask and still denies the extent of the virus. Guess what. The virus doesn't give a fuck what you or he thinks about mask wearing. It just goes on it's merry way infecting others through people who think not wearing a mask is political statement in support of the King of Corona.

And how about a commitment from all you non-mask folks. If you end up in the hospital with it, how about an apology before you kick the bucket. Might actually save a few of your non-mask buddies who agree with trumpy's mockery.

Here's Ohio's numbers again, from today. 

The needle on anyone under 60 hasn't moved in months. 80+ year olds continue to die. But hey! Guess what? Old people die. It's literally what they do. 

The worldwide life expectancy is 72. After that, poli board, sorry to tell you but you're on borrowed time. 

It's going to be really difficult to emotionally appeal to me about how someone already 10 years past the sell by date had their life "tragically cut short". 

Screenshot_20200917-202141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.37b81fc97252c5cedc543f19f830405a.jpg

On 9/10/2020 at 5:42 PM, Neo said:

You are such a homo. Since you're probably being serious I'm embarrassed for you. 

• Thanks 2

I mean, why does this keep going on and on? This topic has been beaten to death. The MAGA crowd thinks people who wear masks are idiots, the SANE crowd think the MAGA crowd are just.....mentally Retarded. So the discussion isn't going anywhere and kind of redundant. I have been trying to leave it alone but people gotta keep coming back to it. For fuck's sake, just let it go. 

4fdxi7.gif

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/do-face-masks-really-work-health-experts-weigh-in/ar-BB15SVb7

West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce WFLX-TV logo Do face masks really work? Health experts weigh in

© Provided by West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce WFLX-TV wflx

The Palm Beach County Commission voted unanimously Tuesday in favor of requiring face masks to be worn in public to help prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

But how effective are masks in curtailing the spread of the virus?

Doctors say it is important to find the right mask for filtering COVID-19 virus particles.

"I think any facial covering is better than none," said Dr. Charles Murphy, who is in charge of patient safety at Jupiter Medical Center.

WPTV asked him and other medical experts about wearing face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic and which ones work the best.

When it comes to homemade masks, the differences can be dramatic.

“The effectiveness can have a wide variation, anywhere from 5 percent to 90 percent,” said Murphy. "It seems to be important what material is included. Cotton is probably the most used material. The thread count of cotton can be important, with the higher thread counts being more effective."

He said the masks can stop the droplets and aerosols that can be airborne even during a normal conversation.

Those droplets, just from a conversation between two people, can number in the millions, experts say.

"You have droplets when you’re speaking, when you’re sneezing, when you’re coughing, that you can leave up in the air, you can leave on surfaces, so it’s not a good idea to go out without wearing a mask,” said Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center Dr. Shady Salib.

According to Salib, there is no medically-acceptable reason for anyone older than 2 years old not to wear a mask.

"If you can't find a surgical mask, it's OK to wear a homemade mask. They're not as effective. They don't protect as much. But at this point, because the numbers are so high in our area in Florida, anything that covers our nose and mouth would be acceptable," said Salib.

Salib said the multilayered, blue-colored surgical masks are among the most effective available to the general public.

“If you’re going to a store any place that is poorly ventilated, not open air ... you are at risk of having the virus particles in the droplets, in the air, hanging for few hours," Salib said

On Tuesday, coronavirus cases reached 103,503 in Florida, which includes 11,180 cases in Palm Beach County. The state death toll is now at 3,328.

MASK MANDATE

Dr. Charles Murphy, Chief Quality and Patient Safety Officer at Jupiter Medical Center is here to answer your medical questions about today's mask mandate in Palm Beach County: https://bit.ly/2YZVMgh

Posted by WPTV on Tuesday, June 23, 2020