THE BROWNS BOARD

It is.. what it is.....

lodilobo

Yep....the start of another Browns season. New coaches...new players....new game plan. Exactly the same old crap. I honestly believe, at this point, that you could assemble the best players in the NFL at every position, the best coaches, and put them in Browns' uniforms, and they would play exactly the same as what we've been watching since 1999. No logic...no reasonable explanation...I've seen it for so long, I'm convinced that's just the way it is supposed to be.

It's what you should expect when we have had shitty ownership for the last 50 some odd years... At least Art gave us watchable football... I'm not sure what this shit is the Haslams are slingin'... I can only tell you it ain't good... They need to sell like yesterday...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

It's what you should expect when we have had shitty ownership for the last 50 some odd years... At least Art gave us watchable football... I'm not sure what this shit is the Haslams are slingin'... I can only tell you it ain't good... They need to sell like yesterday...

That's where I was last season.... Haslam's fault. While I would love to see him sell, somehow I just am not convinced he's responsible for OBJ dropping that ball, yesterday, or the Ravens' receivers being wide open all day. This team needs to change. I'm just at a loss as where to start.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

That's where I was last season.... Haslam's fault. While I would love to see him sell, somehow I just am not convinced he's responsible for OBJ dropping that ball, yesterday, or the Ravens' receivers being wide open all day. This team needs to change. I'm just at a loss as where to start.

Hes responsible for OBJ being here.. ..

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Hes responsible for OBJ being here.. ..

Well...then, I guess he's responsible for every player being here. Do you think the talent is that bad? I don't think OBJ will be here much longer....just a feeling.

1 minute ago, lodilobo said:

Well...then, I guess he's responsible for every player being here. Do you think the talent is that bad? I don't think OBJ will be here much longer....just a feeling.

I personally hope they trade him before the trade deadline..... He's just not a fit here...

1 minute ago, lodilobo said:

It comes with experience....they're good at it.....

Except that we have like an entirely new 53 man roster from five or 10 years ago and it hasn’t improved from then. So it’s not just experience. I don’t know can it  really be just ownership? That’s the only thing that has been constant. New coaches new players new GM’s GM’s yet they all do the same lose badly? But the owner just puts the money up he doesn’t run things per se yet it seems that his stench remains throughout. 

1 hour ago, Bammer said:

How can they get it so wrong every damn year??

Remember... You have a man who owns this team known for shady business practices... That right there should be your first clue... This tells me the Haslams have 0 core values or principles... These idiots run this team like they're just wingin it'

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Except that we have like an entirely new 53 man roster from five or 10 years ago and it hasn’t improved from then. So it’s not just experience. I don’t know can it  really be just ownership? That’s the only thing that has been constant. New coaches new players new GM’s GM’s yet they all do the same lose badly? But the owner just puts the money up he doesn’t run things per se yet it seems that his stench remains throughout. 

I've opined from every angle since '99 about this team, and I'm now at a complete loss. I have no idea what to change. They've changed players, coaches, and even owners with absolutely no significant improvement. The, team still doesn't catch the ball well, doesn't tackle well, doesn't stop the run well, doesn't defend the pass well, etc. Please explain how in Hell do you not have a pretty good team, after loading up with talent like they did last year, improving on that, then hiring a coach who is respected and obviously ( to me, anyway ) knows what he's doing? Aside from all the crap about no preseason games, limited practice, a new offensive system, a few injuries, blah, blah, blah....what can you blame this on? When you come up with the answer for this, then answer this...Why is it..... it doesn't matter who the Ratbirds put out there on the field...they are always contenders? If we would have drafted Lamar Jackson, he would out of football by now.

On 9/15/2020 at 9:41 AM, lodilobo said:

I've opined from every angle since '99 about this team, and I'm now at a complete loss. I have no idea what to change. They've changed players, coaches, and even owners with absolutely no significant improvement. The, team still doesn't catch the ball well, doesn't tackle well, doesn't stop the run well, doesn't defend the pass well, etc. Please explain how in Hell do you not have a pretty good team, after loading up with talent like they did last year, improving on that, then hiring a coach who is respected and obviously ( to me, anyway ) knows what he's doing? Aside from all the crap about no preseason games, limited practice, a new offensive system, a few injuries, blah, blah, blah....what can you blame this on? When you come up with the answer for this, then answer this...Why is it..... it doesn't matter who the Ratbirds put out there on the field...they are always contenders? If we would have drafted Lamar Jackson, he would out of football by now.

The colors. It's the team colors. Something brighter or darker or more striking in some way. Plus better designs for the helmets.