THE BROWNS BOARD

We Should of kept Schobert

stillmotion

28 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Not having him is telling. We need more of a veteran presence on D.

And about the others, it's one game, look at the overall picture.

OBJ, Baker, all of them, let them have a chance to prove they can bounce back.

And the whole kicker deal is ridiculous.

That was a bad decision. It's not like they didn't have the cap space or like there were better players here to replace him. But awful personnel mng. Make it stop. 

17 minutes ago, Icecube said:

That was a bad decision. It's not like they didn't have the cap space or like there were better players here to replace him. But awful personnel mng. Make it stop. 

You can thank MoneyTard and BerryBust for that ridiculous move...

If I recall?... It was not the 10.7M/year for the'show that was the issue... but, It was the 21.5M guarantee'd on a 5 year deal of 53.7M... that Berry walked away from... Anthony Barr nor Jalen Smith saw that much upfront dough on similar timed deals 

If the Steelers can find them? Berry better start L👀king..

22 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Berry better start L👀king..

Yeah.... Joe was good, but he wasn't great and you cannot pay everyone.

The problem is not that Joe is gone... It's that we have not replaced him.

• Upvote 3

Man this defense is bad. 

the issue I had with it, and it was touched on up above is they have the cap space AND it seemed like they had no plan to really replace him... maybe if they already had another vet but Kirksey was out the door too.....If they banked on Mack after that hot and cold season he had last year.... that’s worrisome..... 

Ward did look good last nite... returned to his rookie form.

D overall??? Not good, to be sure, but DL rotation looks better than decent. We need Olivier to bookend MG... he was dbl-teamed a ton last nite.

Back 7? Really not elite, but look at who we are missing on the field in our 2ndary. LBs... well... again missing a piece due to injury, but even with Mack the talent level just is not there. This area has to top Berry's "do List" in 2021... draft and FA.

All the above said I do have to add that the effort I saw last nite impressed me. All the backups forced to play... all the vets we did sign... they were all flying to the ball all nite long. Now sometimes they started their flight too late... and sometimes they forgot to "brake it down" on final approach and missed their target... but the energy was there. And that's a good thing...

Remember the D-side, too, has a new system. So give it some time. While this D as it is is not going to become great let alone dominant, it looks to me like it can become competitive under Joe Woods. And with a run game like we saw last nite that's a recipe I can get behind.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Isn’t clay Matthews the third still out there? I just don’t see why we can’t get someone of that caliber to play here when he was on the street. He had eight sacks last year. And I swear inexperience is part of our biggest problem.

I have to imagine they did some kind of outreach on that option.  PR perspective...it’s a need...he was a player.

On 9/16/2020 at 4:17 PM, stillmotion said:

Not having him is telling. We need more of a veteran presence on D.

And about the others, it's one game, look at the overall picture.

OBJ, Baker, all of them, let them have a chance to prove they can bounce back.

And the whole kicker deal is ridiculous.

100%