THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Colts GAMEDAY Thread***

Nero

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

Watch the game in its entirety or shut your dusty mouth. Old man river. 

Why the fuck should I do that they are not my team fuck them and fuck you you little **MASK**. Like I said get somebody to confirm what you say who is credible and I might buy what you’re trying to sell. But your word is not good enough around here. Period. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why the fuck should I do that they are not my team fuck them and fuck you you little **MASK**. Like I said get somebody to confirm what you say who is credible and I might buy what you’re trying to sell. But your word is not good enough around here. Period. 

Well you try and project this league historian image. If you didn't watch the game gipper then  you can shut up. 😘

24 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Probably a bruise, which sounds mild, but I've had them twice, and it sure didn't feel mild. But, he'll be good to go next week is my guess. 

As long as we don't have the chargers doctors giving him his cortisone shot he'll be good (sorry tyrod). I'm confident in Keenum though if we have to go to him 

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Well you try and project this league historian image. If you didn't watch the game gipper than you can shut up. 😘

I watched all the fucking stupid Steeler game that I care to watch. The ravens in the Bengals game was also on here at the same time so I was checking on them and doing other stuff. I sure the hell don’t take instructions from your sorry silly suck ass about what I should and should not watch when it comes to football. I saw the Steelers getting their usual gifts from the referees. And I bet they continue to get them because I have no doubt that you’re lying about it. Again see if you can have someone else to support your view about what happened the rest of the game.  Go ahead Except it can’t be tour because he is a feckless fucker who would probably take your side just to be contrary towards me

Just now, The Gipper said:

I watched all the fucking stupid Steeler game that I care to watch. The ravens in the Bengals game was also on here at the same time so I was checking on them and doing other stuff. I sure the hell don’t take instructions from your sorry silly suck ass about what I should and should not watch when it comes to football. I saw the Steelers getting their usual gifts from the referees. And I bet they continue to get them because I have no doubt that you’re lying about it. Again see if you can have it convinced someone else to support your view about what happened the rest of the game.

The ravens/Bengals game was horrible. 

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

To not assume it’s forward progress and that’s a live play is absolutely terrible reffing. No reason it shouldn’t even be reviewed. 

Ah, but put the same scenario near the goalline with Hunt stretching to break the plane and we'd all be be yelling how he was not down/stopped and TOUCHDOWN!

I think we got lucky and that the Indy owner gets an apology letter this coming week.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Sendejo got cAught looking and missed the deep over. 

Seems to me that both of our Safeties were signed and start for their banging and run support, and that for at least 2020 we are willing to give up some coverage skills to get them.

Far fetched?

7 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

This was an ugly win. Glad we could get the dub. Baker needs to be more consistent. Great first half, terrible 2nd half

I don’t know the Redskins game was kind of ugly at times.

This was a playoff team that we beat and there is no such thing as an ugly win against a 9 maybe 10 win team 

Our offense played as well as I can remember in the first half and the defense played its best all year in the second half 

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Told ya, hit Rivers and he gets stupid.

And once hit then all you have to do is harass him and the "stupid" continues. He really does lose his composure as well as his temper.

On the SNF lead-in I saw a replay of his grounding-safety and commentator (Simms' kid, I believe) pointed out all the room Rivers had to step up instead of making the most poorly disguised grounding throw I've seen in a long time.

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Mack Wilson is not good. We need Lbs

On the other hand Smith really impressed me today starting with his coverage on that early circle route. Played hard and fast and hit people the whole game long.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

He just updated injuries.  Baker has rib injury

Even with rib pads?

Bruise or cartilage tear would seem most likely. In any case unless a rib is broken shoot and pad him up and play ball.

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ah, but put the same scenario near the goalline with Hunt stretching to break the plane and we'd all be be yelling how he was not down/stopped and TOUCHDOWN!

I think we got lucky and that the Indy owner gets an apology letter this coming week.

Seems to me that both of our Safeties were signed and start for their banging and run support, and that for at least 2020 we are willing to give up some coverage skills to get them.

Far fetched?

Can Sendejo just be in position to prevent big plays?

I'm not gonna quote all the people that have mentioned it, but today in the Tavern I said that Sendejo could learn a thing or two from Peppers. Don't let anything happen behind your back, keep everything in front. We're screwed if we need him either way, so it's better if we give up 15-20 yards everytime a CB needs S help rather than 30-40 yards. 

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'm not gonna quote all the people that have mentioned it, but today in the Tavern I said that Sendejo could learn a thing or two from Peppers. Don't let anything happen behind your back, keep everything in front. We're screwed if we need him either way, so it's better if we give up 15-20 yards everytime a CB needs S help rather than 30-40 yards. 

I didn’t realize how fortunate we were with that Peppers 20 yard centerfield- prevention of 20 yard plus plays.  You don’t know whatcha got until its gone.

That’s my one and only complaint tonight.  We battled hard. The Offense first half and Defense second half put together some great tape. 

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I didn’t realize how fortunate we were with that Peppers 20 yard centerfield- prevention of 20 yard plus plays.  You don’t know whatcha got until its gone.

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot. 

That’s my one and only complaint tonight.  We battled hard. The Offense first half and Defense second half put together some great tape. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Vag I like you being on this board. You are solid as a poster and usually aren’t a nuisance. 

Now you've done it...

Gip's gonna call you a "dicksucker", too...

Welcome to the club...

33 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Can Sendejo just be in position to prevent big plays?

He gave up two chunk plays for zero points... IIRC... and made the tackle on both.

Look... he's on a one-year deal for $2mm... likely would not be playing, if Delpit was healthy... and will not see 2021 in a Browns uni unless we make a playoff run.

.. but he is playing and my guess is that he is playing the role that Woods wants him to play.

Would Woods want him to be faster, anticipate better and not make mental errors? Absolutely, but that is not the player he now is.

What he can still do is bang... and he is doing that.

And we are winning...

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Now you've done it...

Gip's gonna call you a "dicksucker", too...

Welcome to the club...

No, you are the only  Steeler sperm slurper here.  TB 50 is just being cordial.  I am often cordial. But I stick up for my team against the Yinzers.  You never do.  

Memo to Tour:  We have these things called "rivalries".  That means you do not give quarter to opposing rivals fans.  Just once try   not being a Quisling. 

Credit is due to Kevin Stefanski, who appears to be in complete control of his team's offense in his first season as head coach. We'll see how well they perform in a key early divisional meeting next week.

3) For a team that entered Sunday touted as perhaps the best defense in the NFL, the Colts didn't perform to such a lofty standard. Indianapolis surrendered 385 yards of total offense, allowed Cleveland to convert 10 of 17 third-down attempts, and lost the time of possession battle by nearly 10 minutes. The Colts managed to intercept Mayfield twice and tackled effectively in one-on-one situations -- limiting Kareem Hunt to 72 yards on 20 attempts -- but without Darius Leonard, the Colts lacked the punch they needed to get a road win. Philip Rivers' performance (21/33, 243 yards, two interceptions, 60.5 passer rating) didn't do them many favors, but on Sunday, Indianapolis took a step back from its strong defensive start in the season's first month.

-- Nick Shook

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Probably a bruise, which sounds mild, but I've had them twice, and it sure didn't feel mild. But, he'll be good to go next week is my guess. 

Hopefully our DR can inject it without puncturing a lung

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Barry said:

Anyone else wondering why they got away from rolling out Baker in the 2nd half?

I thought they tried once and the backside end prevented it and Baker got flushed the other way. 

It looked like the Colts came out begging us to throw.  Second Half they diagnosed things a little better. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barry said:

Anyone else wondering why they got away from rolling out Baker in the 2nd half?

Looked to me like the Colt backside quit biting on the PA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

It looked like the Colts came out begging us to throw.  Second Half they diagnosed things a little better. 

Not sure about diagnosis vs. design, but in either case I think our increased rushing total in the 2nd half will verify that their D changed.

That plus it wore down some...

Also give Stef credit... he anticipated our run difficulties early and opened things up to counter... with just enough running sprinkled in to keep them honest.

Nice game-plan...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I was surprised that Keenum didn't come in to replace Baker.  'Cos Baker was hurt.  

Nice run by D'Earnest Johnson to seal the win!  I've liked what I've seen of him since the beginning, last year.  But he IS noticeably slower than Chubb & Hunt. 

Baker misses high on a lot of his missed passes.  He hasn't demonstrated the accuracy that he supposedly has.

Very nice win.  30+ points again.  We've been saying that we'll need to score a lot to cover the D.  And fortunately, they're doing it.

The Red Carpet rolled out for Higgins today.  -  was good to see.

Nice win Browns!

• Like 1