THE BROWNS BOARD

Dak Prescott suffers a severe..... compound ankle fracture

mjp28

Dak Prescott suffers a severe leg injury.

Former Haughton and Mississippi State star Dak Prescott suffered a severe leg injury with 6:33 left in the third quarter in the Dallas Cowboys' game against the New York Giants on Sunday.

Prescott visibly wept as he was carted off the field. He had never missed a game in his five-year NFL career.

This story will be updated.

6:43 PM ET

Todd Archer   ESPN Staff writer

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dak Prescott was hospitalized with a serious right ankle injury against the New York Giants on Sunday that forced him to leave the game on a cart and in tears.

The Dallas Cowboys' star quarterback will undergo ankle surgery Sunday night, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Prescott was hurt with 6 minutes, 33 seconds to play in the third quarter while being tackled by Giants defensive back Logan Ryan after a 9-yard run. Prescott's ankle appeared to dislocate as he awaited help from medical personnel.

AT&T Stadium was hushed as Prescott was examined by Cowboys' medical personnel for several minutes before leaving on the cart.

Players from both teams, as well as former Cowboys head coach and current Giants offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, consoled Prescott as he left to a big cheer. He raised his right hand in acknowledgement........https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30094698/dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys-carted-field-ankle-injury

Compound fracture... looked like some spiraling was likely to my eye. So pins and wire will be employed.

Big question is how much and what soft tissue was damaged in the break and/or will be cut during the surgery. There's where the recovery time is involved, not the break itself.

Good luck, Dak... see you somewhere in 2021.

Andy still has some game left in him...

Gonna screw up Jerrah's Trevor drream...

Kid looked good last nite... I mean he's no Mond, but he looked pretty good... WHOOP! ;)

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Andy still has some game left in him...

Gonna screw up Jerrah's Trevor drream...

Kid looked good last nite... I mean he's no Mond, but he looked pretty good... WHOOP! ;)

Jets, Giants, Falcons all still winless.   But would they be in QB market if they had #1?

Jags at 1-4 still primary in contention for Trevor.    Cowboys in first place in NFCE...why would they have #1 overall pick dreams?  

USA TODAY SPORTS.......ARLINGTON, Texas — The ambulance was ready as Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott was carted off the field, tears streaming down his face.

Prescott was transported to a local hospital immediately and is scheduled to undergo surgery Sunday night for a compound ankle fracture and dislocation he suffered in a win against the Giants.

The gruesome injury occurred in the third quarter when Prescott scrambled 9 yards left, tangling with Giants defensive back Logan Ryan on Ryan’s tackle. Prescott’s right leg was turned out as he sat, devastated, near the left sideline of the red zone. The stadium went quiet as players attempted to process the injury to the quarterback who had started 68 straight games since Dallas selected him in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL draft.

“It’s tough,” draft classmate and running back Ezekiel Elliott said. “You see how durable he’s been throughout his whole career, and how tough. It sucks to see a warrior go down like that.”

Prescott was treated with sterile dressing on site before surgery to wash the wound and fix the fracture.

Even Giants coordinator Jason Garrett, Prescott’s coach for the quarterback's first four years, approached Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy to express his remorse.......

As for a possible quick recovery... the ankle dislocated as well. And that is very bad news.

15 minutes ago, ATOM said:

fuck him who cares

Football fans... I, among them.

WTF are you?

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

As for a possible quick recovery... the ankle dislocated as well. And that is very bad news.

Football fans... I, among them.

WTF are you?

Not good to have good players injured.   But I am not going to cry for that team Argentina.

No one cries for us when it happens.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Not good to have good players injured.   But I am not going to cry for that team Argentina.

No one cries for us when it happens.

It's part of a very tough game......and he has a fully guaranteed one year franchise tag for $31.5M to make him feel better.

I wish Dak a quick recovery fracture/dislocations can be tough.  I had one in my neck and ended up with permanent fused vertebrae and wires and that was 34 years ago.

Professional football leaves many as the walking wounded when they are done but most all say they'd do it again.

It is a tough game.

Just saw a video.. You'd wish that to happen to no one... Good Luck, Dak and get the hell out of Dallas..

Somehow, he'll get blamed for hiring the coaching staff & their decisions also.. What a weird negotiating deal this will become.. Get life well first & Good Luck Dak

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't care much for the Cowboys, but you can like a guy like Dak. Humble, plays with a lot of heart, my heart sank watching him in tears getting carted off the field. I was lucky enough not to see the injury happen. Hope he comes back strong from this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

They are saying bones were sticking out of skin....that's serious. 

I don't care if I don't root for the Cowboys, that sucks. All indications are that he's a really good dude. But I'd be OK with the Red Rifle doing well. Dak was putting up crazy #s but not winning so much. Watch Andy start stacking wins. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Everybody see this post?

This is an ideal example of why it's sometimes best to just shut the fuck up.

As my father would say "He has lost an incredible opportunity to remain silent". 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Nero said:

As my father would say "He has lost an incredibly opportunity to remain silent". 

I'm gonna have to remember that one. Especially might even work after 50+ years of marriage, cause somehow I just keep blowin' it.😘

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Prescott injury analysis - The always good Dr.Sutterer.

Oooohhhh, from Dr Frankenstein but a good analysis of what happened and how it happened.

Best of luck to Dak on his rehab.

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

They are saying bones were sticking out of skin....that's serious. 

I don't care if I don't root for the Cowboys, that sucks. All indications are that he's a really good dude. But I'd be OK with the Red Rifle doing well. Dak was putting up crazy #s but not winning so much. Watch Andy start stacking wins. 

So?  You think Dalton will be able to win better than Prescott?  I don't know about that there.  Though, he may have enough to carry the Cowboys in that piss poor division.